Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 18:01   #766
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Enjoy your new Yeti Steeroid!
Dkaile- the Yeti Elegance does have some hard plastics even compared with the Laura Ambiente/ Ambition.
My friend has a Laura and it has soft touch rubbery plastics on the front door pads just where the windows are.
By contrast, the Yeti Elegance itself has hard plastics there.
Old 18th August 2012, 18:45   #767
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
It is surprising to note that these squeaks exist in the Yeti. I thought the inside materials/plastics and quality was at par with other Skoda vehicles like the Superb/Laura. I am yet to have any annoyance on my car on this account nor have I seen any hard plastics.
I took delivery of the Yeti and there have been no squeaks till date. had a linea and i had the doors squeak a few times, when the pressure wash jet was directed to the hinges. thereafter i applied white grease and the squeaks were gone. i didnt let the wash guys try that experiment ever again.

Door Hinges normally squeak when there is no lubrication or the lubrication dries off just like the gate of the compound wall or the doors in your house. a little Machine Oil or white grease should send those squeaks away.

if there is a creaking sound near the speedo console, then most likely it is coming from the flap which covers the crevice which would form if the steering is adjusted for reach or height. push the flap properly inside and see that it does not get stuck between the steering column cover and the ODO Console when you put the steering back in the highest position.

Squeak from the boot is because of trapped moisture between the hard foam containers which store the tools. a little talcum powder or Nycil or Boric Powder should solve this.,

as regards Tyres, i tried a little experiment. instead of Air went in for Nitrogen and have maintained the air pressure at 32 on all tyres. the road noise has gone down atleast by 75%. also the ride seems more balanced and grip levels seem enhanced. maybe my perception! Also read quite a few reviews of the Excellence Tyres on the net. As mentioned by me in my Ownership Thread, they are multi tasking tyres and their ratings were pretty high compared to their counterparts. also my tyre dealer friend tells me that if they are cared for well they can take you past 35K - 40K Kms. also he tells me that if the tyres are made in malaysia / Indonesia, the tyres dont crack on the sidewalls as against tyres made in european Plants, which are more biased towards the low european temperatures. he strongly advised me against swapping tyres, even though he had Bridgestone ER 370, Michellin Primacy LC, and two other brands in stock, and he would have made a healthy profit from the swap!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 18th August 2012 at 18:54.
Old 18th August 2012, 20:02   #768
BHPian

Back home after a long 9 day trip down south. A total of 5800 kms and i must say i am impressed with the highway capability of yeti. Also the Geolander tyres are complementing it. Was easily driving at 150 and at a few stretches was able to hit 180. The car felt very stable and was eager to go for more. Fuel average was around 15 kms/ltr for the whole trip
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 21:51   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Back home after a long 9 day trip down south. A total of 5800 kms and i must say i am impressed with the highway capability of yeti. Also the Geolander tyres are complementing it. Was easily driving at 150 and at a few stretches was able to hit 180. The car felt very stable and was eager to go for more. Fuel average was around 15 kms/ltr for the whole trip
That's the mother of all road trip . How many passengers and luggages where you carrying? 15 kmpl for 100+ speed is indeed very good. I think it would easily give 20+ if you cruise between 80-100 kmph.

Time for your 7500 kms checkup!
Old 20th August 2012, 15:31   #770
BHPian

Hi folks, my very first post on Team-BHP. It's a great site. I have been looking for a car to replace my two year old Alto . My four year old swift vdi is running perfectly well but the alto's petrol bills have been biting hard. I read the great reviews of the yeti and asked for a td.

I did a short td in a white elegance in the busiest part of Patna on Boring Road and in front of the P&M Mall. Handling the car was a breeze although I did stall the engine a couple of times while starting out.

Patna has a service station now. Just started working a few days ago. I went to the showroom to take a look again. The manager said Skoda Shield includes about 18000 for engine protection despite having a plate beneath the engine. They want Rs 104000/ for Skoda shield . Is this 18000 essential? I will not be doing any off reading in the strictest sense of the term although I will be doing some mountain driving in Sikkim and Bhutan for a few years. They say the comprehensive cover does not include this.

Met a very satisfied rapid customer who is also buying a superb now. He told me not to worry about the service as it is good now that the service station is working.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Carcrazy60
Old 20th August 2012, 19:25   #771
Team-BHP Support

Hi Carcrazy!

Can you please post Elegance (Yeti 4X4) pricing and what colors are available in stock for Yeti at Singh Automobiles? My cousin is considering one & we might be forced to buy from West Bengal and end up paying massive taxes.

Thanks

EDIT - Get that Skoda shield. Its worth. Double plating underneath? I am yet to hear this. Ask them to give a demo & then decide accordingly.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th August 2012 at 19:38.
Old 20th August 2012, 20:50   #772
BHPian

Hi Sheel the mail they sent me is as follows-We are sending you the Price Quatation of YETI as per your Requirement

YETI Ex-Showroom Skoda Sheild Registration Handling On-Road
32 Yeti Active 2.0 TDI CR 4X2 1,436,829 95395 92465 5000 1,629,689
33 Yeti Ambition 2.0 TDI CR 4X2 1,517,813 99427 97460 5000 1,719,700
34 Yeti Ambition 4X4 2.0 TDI MT 1,629,154 104968 104326 5000 1,843,448
35 Yeti Elegance 4X4 2.0 TDI MT 1,791,030 113026 114310 5000 2,023,366

They are offering a discount of Rs one lakh on the Elegance model without much of a hassle. I told them people are getting Rs2.25 lakhs onwards in Mumbai and Bangalore, but they refused to budge. I am looking at the Ambition 4*4 version and I have been offered Rs 75000/ only.

They know about Team-BHP and consider members to be very knowledgeable. Maybe I should ask for a discount on account of membership!

I have no idea about the colours available right now but I can get back to you.

Thanks for the advice, I will take the extra protection.

Carcrazy60
Old 20th August 2012, 21:28   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Hi folks, my very first post on Team-BHP. It's a great site. I have been looking for a car to replace my two year old Alto . My four year old swift vdi is running perfectly well but the alto's petrol bills have been biting hard. I read the great reviews of the yeti and asked for a td.

I did a short td in a white elegance in the busiest part of Patna on Boring Road and in front of the P&M Mall. Handling the car was a breeze although I did stall the engine a couple of times while starting out.

Patna has a service station now. Just started working a few days ago. I went to the showroom to take a look again. The manager said Skoda Shield includes about 18000 for engine protection despite having a plate beneath the engine. They want Rs 104000/ for Skoda shield . Is this 18000 essential? I will not be doing any off reading in the strictest sense of the term although I will be doing some mountain driving in Sikkim and Bhutan for a few years. They say the comprehensive cover does not include this.

Met a very satisfied rapid customer who is also buying a superb now. He told me not to worry about the service as it is good now that the service station is working.

Carcrazy60
Hi Carcrazy60, the Yeti in Inda comes with the offroad protection package (underbody plates) as Stock/OEM. So what your dealer is saying is misleading. If you refer to the brochure, it is clearly mentioned. Skoda Shield is a combination of the first year insurance + 4yrs warranty. So, Rs. 104000 is way high. Mine was just 61K for the Yeti Elegance 4x4. Discount of 75K for the ambition is quite OK, because, even in Delhi/NCR and south, the max discount on ambition is 1 lac or so. Bargain hard especially if the car kits is of 2011 make. Good luck!
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 23:28   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
That's the mother of all road trip . How many passengers and luggages where you carrying? 15 kmpl for 100+ speed is indeed very good. I think it would easily give 20+ if you cruise between 80-100 kmph.

Time for your 7500 kms checkup!
Yes, Going for 7500 kms checkup tomorrow. I already clocked 8100. A few highlights from the drive
a. Lots of continuous drive of 4 hours or more without any breaks (mostly night drive). i.e. engine running continuous for more than 4 hours.
b. Headlight felt weak on highways especially the long distance range.
c. Tyre noise was audible on cemented roads. Was quite on tarmac.
d. car felt very stable at high speeds
e. Fog lamps were impressive in rains (lots of rains when we were approaching mumbai and goa)

About the fuel consumption, i noticed when i was driving at around 200 rpm in 5th gear, it was giving better fuel average in live consumption meter as compared to 6th gear in the same rpm band. Thus giving an impression of less fuel average in 6th,
Old 21st August 2012, 08:14   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u

About the fuel consumption, i noticed when i was driving at around 200 rpm in 5th gear, it was giving better fuel average in live consumption meter as compared to 6th gear in the same rpm band. Thus giving an impression of less fuel average in 6th,
I think FE has to do with what rpm we are driving.
I went to surat for a 600 km round trip and my driver was driving then and we got overall mileage of 15kmpl with total of 4 people on board i asked my driver not to go beyond 100 km/hr. 4x2 has 5 gears and at 80 the rpm is exactly at 1500 and at a speed of 100 it shows 1800 rpm.

I also went to pune for a 300 km round trip with total of 4 people on board . This time i was driving myself and didnt go beyond 100 at any time. I still managed to get only 17 kmpl. I thought i would get around 20 kmpl but didnt.

So i am thinking what is the optimum rpm one needs to drive to get best FE?

Experts, whats your take on this??????
Do i need to go to the workshop and ask them to make changes through vcds for best mileage?
Old 21st August 2012, 10:18   #776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I think FE has to do with what rpm we are driving.
I went to surat for a 600 km round trip and my driver was driving then and we got overall mileage of 15kmpl with total of 4 people on board i asked my driver not to go beyond 100 km/hr. 4x2 has 5 gears and at 80 the rpm is exactly at 1500 and at a speed of 100 it shows 1800 rpm.

I also went to pune for a 300 km round trip with total of 4 people on board . This time i was driving myself and didnt go beyond 100 at any time. I still managed to get only 17 kmpl. I thought i would get around 20 kmpl but didnt.

So i am thinking what is the optimum rpm one needs to drive to get best FE?

Experts, whats your take on this??????
Do i need to go to the workshop and ask them to make changes through vcds for best mileage?
Hi Sagpatel,

The mileage of 17 which you got is quite good and it will be in this range of 17-18. You can expect some improvement in the mileage after the initial 5000 kms as the engine will have run in fully and frictional losses reduce.
Also, the AC load plays a significant role in the mileage and can increase/ reduce the mileage by +/- 10%. In summers or humid weather, the mileage will be less as the AC will run more. In winter, in cooler temperatures, the ac will run much less and your Yeti will deliver higher mileage.
To get best mileage from your Yeti, you can try driving with the instantaneous mileage display and keep it below 5L/ 100 Km.
The best mileage I can get on my Yeti (4x4, 140) is 4.8L/ 100 Km when I drive at around 85-90km/hr in 5th gear. I have also seen that 6th is less efficient at this speed.
In mixed city driving in Gurgaon (60:40 City:highway) I get around 6L/ 100km which is around 16.6 kmpl average overall.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 21st August 2012, 10:32   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sheel the mail they sent me is as follows-We are sending you the Price Quatation of YETI as per your Requirement

YETI Ex-Showroom Skoda Sheild Registration Handling On-Road
32 Yeti Active 2.0 TDI CR 4X2 1,436,829 95395 92465 5000 1,629,689
33 Yeti Ambition 2.0 TDI CR 4X2 1,517,813 99427 97460 5000 1,719,700
34 Yeti Ambition 4X4 2.0 TDI MT 1,629,154 104968 104326 5000 1,843,448
35 Yeti Elegance 4X4 2.0 TDI MT 1,791,030 113026 114310 5000 2,023,366

They are offering a discount of Rs one lakh on the Elegance model without much of a hassle. I told them people are getting Rs2.25 lakhs onwards in Mumbai and Bangalore, but they refused to budge. I am looking at the Ambition 4*4 version and I have been offered Rs 75000/ only.

They know about Team-BHP and consider members to be very knowledgeable. Maybe I should ask for a discount on account of membership!

I have no idea about the colours available right now but I can get back to you.

Thanks for the advice, I will take the extra protection.

Carcrazy60
This what we have in Bangalore for Elegance:
Ex showroom - 18,06,810/-
Insurance - 63,085/-
Road tax - 3,54,345/-
Extended warranty - 15,991/-
Drive Assure - 19,382/-

Insurance + Extended Warranty = Skoda Shield
Drive Assure is for Zero dep. on the Insurance (bumper to bumper coverage), highly recommended.

Just ask them if Drive Assure too is included in Skoda Shield or not. Even then it is more than what we have here. And please get things in writing from the dealer on whatever they commit with sign and stamp. Skoda Shield including Drive Assure for example.

Now coming to the discount - I am told by my dealer that there is a discount of 2 lacs from Skoda on the Elegance model (Independence day offer). I checked with the other dealer and they denied it. They were first offering me 1.5 and agreed for 2 in order to match with the first dealer. According to the first dealer this offer is till this month only. Even otherwise it is not hard to get 2 lacs discount on the Elegance model.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:43   #778
BHPian

Quote:

Carcrazy60
The engine protection is most likely a part of Drive Assure (add on Insurance from Bajaj ). This is their way of marketing what others are simply giving as zero depreciation (like TATA - AIG). In Drive assure they additionally provide coverage in case engine seizure due to water logging etc (In all likely hood, Bajaj will come with some excuse of not paying for it) and hence the 'engine protection'. Nonetheless the Zero dep. part is usefull. Check the Bajaj allianz site for more info.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:48   #779
BHPian

As for the manufacturing year of the car, check the VIN of the car.

The 6th character is the month. A - Jan , B - Feb etc. except 'i' is not used to avoid confusion with '1'.

The 10th character is the year 0-9 and then A, B, C etc for 2000-2009 and 2010, 2011, 2012 respectively.

If you carry a smart phone, bookmark a vin decoder site so that you can confirm then and there at the dealer.
Old 21st August 2012, 11:42   #780
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

We are offered Skoda Shield + Insurance + Rs. 10,000 cash discount on Mato Brown Elegance 4X4. Should we take this up?

I have them for VIN, lets see as to when they respond.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks