Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 15:55   #796
BANNED

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Some interesting developments from the China market. Skoda is planning to launch a modified version of the Yeti for the China market and it is the first time that a website "auto.sohu.com" has snapped some spy pics of the variant being tested.
Nice catch there Behemoth. The Yeti's front end was anyway due for a change and this was known but it is the rear end which is really eye catching.

The DSG addition is a nice step in the right direction too and will certainly increase sales.

The vehicle is now longer, and looks like a bigger SUV in the league of the X-Trail, the Freelander etc however, it now ceases to be the quirky car that it was.

Thank you for the scoop and looking forward for more details.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:33   #797
BHPian

I am getting my Yeti delivered this weekend. It is a white Ambition 4x4. Mato Brown was the choice of the color but it wasn't available so I settled for this one. It is a May 2012 model. Most recent car in the stockyard I guess. I had earlier booked an Elegance of Feb 2012. Had to relinquish it due to some confusion at the dealer's end. All the others were September 2011. Anyway they made the deal sweet by offering 2 lacs discount on the Ambition. Yesterday I completed the basic check of the car including the under body. It will go through another round of PDI by us just before the delivery.

Now my Fabia gets a sibling. Both are ambiente version . Fabia at 58,000 kms, 4 years, has been a good companion. Can the Yeti match it? Lets wait and see.

Last edited by fi.robin : 4th September 2012 at 21:38.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:36   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Now my Fabia gets a sibling. Both are ambiente version . Fabia at 58,000 kms, 4 years, has been a good companion. Can the Yeti match it? Lets wait and see.
Thumbs up Skoda loyalist! I plan to tread your path in about 2 years as soon as I have extended family. Excellent choice and a slight frown for missing the Matto Brown. Looking forward to a flurry of pictures as soon as you get your hands on your Yeti.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:44   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Thumbs up Skoda loyalist! I plan to tread your path in about 2 years as soon as I have extended family. Excellent choice and a slight frown for missing the Matto Brown. Looking forward to a flurry of pictures as soon as you get your hands on your Yeti.
Loyalist - I am not sure . I do like Skoda cars. First one was an obsession. Yeti is the choice because it fits our requirement better than the others, there aren't too many alternatives. A compact, safe, 4x4,diesel and fun to drive at this price. White is the safer color at night, logic I am using to convince my wife.

Go for it. Hopefully by then the service will improve further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2012 at 10:14. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 5th September 2012, 17:24   #800
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hi Sheel could you tell me if they gave you a quote for the Elegance at singh motors? I had gone there today intending to book the Elegance 4*4 at the same price point. Rajiv the sales manager simply refused to accept that anybody had been offered the discount you were offered.

He stuck to the 75000 figure although he did go to check it. I showed him your post and they said its not possible.

Has any one taken insurance from a company other than Bajaj they have tied up with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Carcrazy
Old 5th September 2012, 23:41   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Hi Sheel could you tell me if they gave you a quote for the Elegance at singh motors? I had gone there today intending to book the Elegance 4*4 at the same price point. Rajiv the sales manager simply refused to accept that anybody had been offered the discount you were offered.

He stuck to the 75000 figure although he did go to check it. I showed him your post and they said its not possible.

Has any one taken insurance from a company other than Bajaj they have tied up with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Carcrazy
Ask them as to if there is a booking made in the name of Mr. Rohit Raj from Purnea for Aqua Mist 4X4, Elegance. They quoted us Rs.40,000 discount earlier and as per them (which was false), they agreed to bill the Car at the earlier showroom price of 17,65,xxx which is now revised at 17,91,xxx.

We have booked the Car, Elegance 4X4 in Mato Brown from Jia Auto @ Siliguri. Got a discount of roughly 1L*. Infact, the booking amount was paid today and we would take delivery on 17th September (Vishwakarma Puja)

The Car which we are getting is March '12 manufactured with the new alloy wheels.

Cash discount is lowered, but mats, idol, diesel, perfume, maybe mud-flaps as well is all part of the deal.

And please say them that despite waiting for over 2 months, they couldn't procure the Car & kept on making false promises. We are paying a premium of Rs. 1L as we are buying from another state & have to pay entry-tax (8% of the Car's value - VAT). After speaking with them we had a good laugh. You don't have the Car, have no idea as to when it shall be available, but are most up-front about making promises, but where the hell is the Car for which booking amount was paid?

Last edited by Sheel : 5th September 2012 at 23:46.
Old 6th September 2012, 07:42   #802
BHPian

Thanks Sheel. I am getting the idea these guys don't know their business. Rajiv the sales manager was telling me my NCB from the Alto could not be carried over,. Bajaj alliance website clearly states it will be done.

Their staff could not explain the mid set up of a 4*2 version. Kept saying sir ye to padahna padega..

Their workshop is so new it's not listed on Bajaj ' preferred locations for cash less work. They want 85000 for insurance and drive assure while the direct quote from Bajaj is around 61000 for both insurance and zero dep and what they call engine protection. I will be getting the quote today in the mail. The only worry I have is that singh motors workshop is approved for cashless work.

Carcrazy
Old 6th September 2012, 10:36   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Thanks Sheel. I am getting the idea these guys don't know their business. Rajiv the sales manager was telling me my NCB from the Alto could not be carried over,. Bajaj alliance website clearly states it will be done.

Their staff could not explain the mid set up of a 4*2 version. Kept saying sir ye to padahna padega..

Their workshop is so new it's not listed on Bajaj ' preferred locations for cash less work. They want 85000 for insurance and drive assure while the direct quote from Bajaj is around 61000 for both insurance and zero dep and what they call engine protection. I will be getting the quote today in the mail. The only worry I have is that singh motors workshop is approved for cashless work.

Carcrazy
NCB of Alto Can be Transferred to the Yeti. The dealer says it cant be done, because the commission he recieves will go down. so ask him to make an invoice for the full amount of Insurance, and remit it to him. then ask Bajaj to refund the NCB amount, and make the necessary endorsement in the Policy. but make sure, you have a face to face discussion with all parties concerned. i.e yourself, the dealer and Bajaj Representative at the dealers place.

I presume the Insurance Quote of 85000 also includes Extended warranty costing about 19382/- i had also done the same thing. remitted 62675/- Insurance + 19382 towards extended warranty. after a week i got an NCB refund of rs. 13780/-

NCB can be transferred within the same class of Vehicles - 4 wheeler Passenger Car to another 4 wheeler Passenger car. you cannot transfer NCB of a Bike to a Car or vice versa.

Dont bother if the workshop is not in the approved workshops list of Bajaj for cashless as it the authorised Service Centre of the Manufacturer. Plus the extended warranty is also issued by Bajaj Allianz. the Insurance with Bajaj is compulsary on account of a global tie up between the VAG group and Allianz. so even if the workshop is not listed for cashless claims, Bajaj has to provide that service as its a global tieup between the manufacturer and insurer.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:50   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Please remember that you do not have to buy insurance from the dealer who sells you your car. One VW salesperson tried this on me: thankfully, her colleagues knew better.

If it part of a special package that you want then fine, but remember that it is your choice.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:12   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Sagpatel,

The mileage of 17 which you got is quite good and it will be in this range of 17-18. You can expect some improvement in the mileage after the initial 5000 kms as the engine will have run in fully and frictional losses reduce.
Also, the AC load plays a significant role in the mileage and can increase/ reduce the mileage by +/- 10%. In summers or humid weather, the mileage will be less as the AC will run more. In winter, in cooler temperatures, the ac will run much less and your Yeti will deliver higher mileage.
To get best mileage from your Yeti, you can try driving with the instantaneous mileage display and keep it below 5L/ 100 Km.
The best mileage I can get on my Yeti (4x4, 140) is 4.8L/ 100 Km when I drive at around 85-90km/hr in 5th gear. I have also seen that 6th is less efficient at this speed.
In mixed city driving in Gurgaon (60:40 City:highway) I get around 6L/ 100km which is around 16.6 kmpl average overall.

Regards,
Behemoth
I have experienced better results when I stay around 80kmph/1700rpm. See example below - pardon the picture quality since it was clicked from the back seat while on the go.

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yeti_mileage.jpg
xoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 21:39   #806
BHPian

Thanks guys. I think I will take insurance from outside. I talked to a friend who is deeply in the insurance business and I got a quote of 55000 on an assumed price of 1600000/00 ex showroom. It includes zero dep. He says that engine protection thingy is just a marketing gimmick raking in the moolah for the companies.

This will bring the price of ambition 4*4 to 1730000/00 which is not bad ,I think.

Think I should take it?
Old 7th September 2012, 01:43   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
Thanks guys. I think I will take insurance from outside. I talked to a friend who is deeply in the insurance business and I got a quote of 55000 on an assumed price of 1600000/00 ex showroom. It includes zero dep. He says that engine protection thingy is just a marketing gimmick raking in the moolah for the companies.

This will bring the price of ambition 4*4 to 1730000/00 which is not bad ,I think.

Think I should take it?
Biggest problem is that you won't be able to buy the extended warranty which comes bundled with insurance in case of Skoda Shield.
Old 7th September 2012, 08:23   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123

Biggest problem is that you won't be able to buy the extended warranty which comes bundled with insurance in case of Skoda Shield.
Yes you are correct. My advise would be to take 1st yr insurance from dealer so that you will get extended warranty and from 2nd yr onwards he can have it from outside.
Old 7th September 2012, 13:10   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Sounds like a restrictive trade practice that should be illegal. I also think it would make no difference if it was/is
Old 7th September 2012, 14:45   #810
BHPian

Well bad news can hardly remain away from Skoda dealers. Finalised everything, told them to prepare the quotation ,lined up with the bank ,was all set to go. They rang me up saying they were reducing the discount from 75000 to 40000! I told them as they can change their minds in an hour and do what can only be called very sharp practice in parliamentary language, I am only interested if they stick to the old price. Plenty of other cars in the market.

Boy am I feeing mad!

Most Viewed