Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 21:40   #826
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I have taken the Elegance version.
Good for you, Carcrazy60. I had looked at an Ambition Red, booked an Elegance Grey and finally got an Elegance Mato Brown!
You will enjoy your drives as lots of people here have said... But do buy a set of 3D mats because they are useful.
The extra features in your Elegance will greatly enhance the driving experience, (I find them great!). Wish you the best.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:46   #827
BHPian

Behemoth, in one of your posts you had mentioned that an automatic Yeti in L&K trim is likely around Diwali. Is there any further update? Thanks. Bomi.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:03   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi
Behemoth, in one of your posts you had mentioned that an automatic Yeti in L&K trim is likely around Diwali. Is there any further update? Thanks. Bomi.
From what I heard, it is still planned but it may be quite expensive at almost 19 lac ex showroom which could be a dampener. The other option they are also evaluating is the long wheelbase version similar to the China one, which could be introduced by mid next year. As the competitive situation is quite dynamic due to the Renault Duster and the Ecosport, they will probably defer this decision to a later date.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 22:25   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump
Good for you, Carcrazy60. I had looked at an Ambition .....But do buy a set of 3D mats because they are useful.
The extra features in your Elegance will greatly enhance the driving experience, (I find them great!). Wish you the best.
Thanks . I have already done a zillion Kms in my mind. I only hope the add ons are not as costly. 50 grand for a luggage pack is breaking the piggy bank. It's truly a great car. The space saver tyre concept is amazing, how much does it really save for them?
Old 12th September 2012, 10:47   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The space saver tyre concept is amazing, how much does it really save for them?
I doubt if it saves them anything at all. Just a question of them unable to fit the oversized tyre in the space available under any circumstances due to its compressed boot dimensions and intrusion of the fuel tank below. Otherwise its all computer designed nowadays and if they would have been able to fit it, they would have, like in the Superb, which carries a full sized spare tyre, albeit with steel rims instead of alloys. You can always change it to a full sized spare with slightly raised boot floor like some other members on Tbhp have done. Check here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2790665

Last edited by dkaile : 12th September 2012 at 10:57.
Old 12th September 2012, 17:28   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
50 grand for a luggage pack is breaking the piggy bank.
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...lcOnP.q,xmDT4a

About 10 grand if you buy it abroad. Wont cost much to ship across, either.

Similar prices on ebay.
Old 12th September 2012, 17:58   #832
BHPian

[quote="Steeroid"]

[url="http://www....

Similar prices on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steeroid. This looks much more reasonable. In case you are using it ,could you please post some pictures post installation? I am a little confused, not much of an engineer. It seems a few more bars will be needed to fill up the middle on which to rest things.
Old 14th September 2012, 01:06   #833

I'm in talks with Dealer to buy a Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4. The dealer tells me that the vehicle's chassis plate will have a manufacture month and year of sometime in 2011 because that is when the chassis was put on the factory floor to make it into the Yeti that it is now. And that it takes 4 months to make a complete yeti and about 3 months for it to get to india from somewhere in Europe. So on paper it will have model/manufacture year as 2012 even though the chassis plate says 2011. Is this possible? I think the dealer is taking me for a ride without having me sitting in the Yeti!!!! Do tell me how this works. Also, what's the best deal that can be negotiated for a Yeti Elegance as of today?
Old 14th September 2012, 09:50   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...lcOnP.q,xmDT4a

Similar prices on ebay.
Hi Steeroid,

This roofbars package from Thule is just the roof bar kit and not the load tray. If you buy the cargo tray also from them, it lands up at almost 35k total.

The link to the baskets from Thule India is:
http://www.thule.com/en/IN/Products/...rriers/Baskets
These need to be put in addition to the roof bars.

Our fellow member VBN has fitted a Thule roof rack (Bought from Skoda), you can see the pics and details on:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2763228

Other option is to go for closed cargo boxes:
http://www.thule.com/en/IN/Products/...Carriers/Boxes

There are plenty of good local roof carriers also available in India and I bought one for my Yeti at around 14.5K, though I only put it on when I am going outstation and keep it off the rest of the time! I also posted some pics of my Yeti with the roof rack in one of my threads (in the Yeti vs Civic thread). The general opinion from the TBHP friends was to put it on only when using it, and keep it off otherwise as it spoils the looks of the little beast.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th September 2012 at 10:03.
Old 14th September 2012, 11:06   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011 View Post
I'm in talks with Dealer to buy a Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4. The dealer tells me that the vehicle's chassis plate will have a manufacture month and year of sometime in 2011 because that is when the chassis was put on the factory floor to make it into the Yeti that it is now. And that it takes 4 months to make a complete yeti and about 3 months for it to get to india from somewhere in Europe. So on paper it will have model/manufacture year as 2012 even though the chassis plate says 2011. Is this possible? I think the dealer is taking me for a ride without having me sitting in the Yeti!!!! Do tell me how this works. Also, what's the best deal that can be negotiated for a Yeti Elegance as of today?
In my case it was 2011 model (going by VIN) and 2012 on paper (registration)
Old 14th September 2012, 11:28   #836

Thats what! So is the vehicle a 2011 model or a 2012 model? And Skoda is offering steep discounts on the 2011 models as I have read on thread here....... I am really confused about this! HELP!!!!!!
Old 14th September 2012, 13:20   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Steeroid,

This roofbars package from Thule is just the roof bar kit and not the load tray. If you buy the cargo tray also from them, it lands up at almost 35k total.
The package in the kit is what is required to fix two lockable/slideable load bars onto the roof rails - additional load bars are about $40-50 per pair. In most cases, two roof bars would be sufficient to carry additional large loads (kayaks, cycles, certain tent kits and other recreational stuff).

You do not need the load tray unless you're going to carry loose and shapeless cargo on top that requires full support at the bottom.

I have the roof bar kit which will serve about 90% of my occasional requirements and only need to be fitted when required. Carrying a full-time load-carrier on top will increase wind noise at speed, and in any case you wouldn't buy this vehicle for full-time transportation duties. If you were in that business (e.g., Airport Taxi), you'd buy a 7-seat Innova and put a full-time carrier on it. The available boot space in the Yeti is sufficient for the number of people it can seat.

The kit on the link is therefore a practical and relatively economical solution to enable the use of the existing roof rails to carry large pieces of kit occasionally.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th September 2012 at 13:28.
Old 15th September 2012, 02:03   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I have the roof bar kit which will serve about 90% of my occasional requirements and only need to be fitted when required. Carrying a full-time load-carrier on top will increase wind noise at speed, and in any case you wouldn't buy this vehicle for full-time transportation duties.
If one is prepared to import, I would strongly suggest considering the Whispbar especially for the Yeti which has a raised rail. I discovered it a couple of days back while researching on cargo box and mounts for my yeti.

They are super cool to look at and their aerodynamic profile produces insignificant drag which makes it almost noiseless and does not affect consumption, as evident from the following video.

Also take a look at these Yetis in the picture attached. It is pretty hard to even figure out the roof bars installed. You can just leave it on and even if you want to remove, its pretty trivial to do so.

As for the box, one can also look at the Yakima SkyboxPro-16. Its a good alternative to the Thule Motion 800, which is a darn good cargo box as well. The Thule fan-boys can then look at the Wingbar if they want to stick to an all Thule offering

However, IMHO the look of the Whispbar is far better than the Wingbar or the Skoda OEM roof bar for that matter... All of the above can be ordered from roofbox.co.uk and shipped using Borderlinx or Aramex or other logistics companies. Even with the duties factored in it would work out far cheaper than what Methods, who are the Indian distributors for thule, offer at.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-whispbar_1.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-whispbar_2.jpg  

xplorauto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 18:46   #839
BHPian

Here is what the dealer in coimbatore told me when I was taking a TD of the Rapid for my Father in law. "There is a huge discount / price slash for the Yeti - 4 x 2 Active variant. The On road price would be 15.10L ."

Is it true guys? Is there any other dealer who is offering the same. The reason I was told is that they are trying to make some volume with this variant and trying to pit it with the top end Duster.

The deal is very tempting tho. Since I already own a Laura Ambition and love it every bit,is it worth considering over the Rapid and Vento (A diff of 3L is acceptable for the engine and build)
Old 18th September 2012, 18:59   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
In my case it was 2011 model (going by VIN) and 2012 on paper (registration)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011 View Post
Thats what! So is the vehicle a 2011 model or a 2012 model? And Skoda is offering steep discounts on the 2011 models as I have read on thread here....... I am really confused about this! HELP!!!!!!
These come as CKDs, so the VIN tells us the manufacturing of the kit, however it comes to India and the kit is assembled at the skoda factory at a later date and it is possible that the VIN shows 2011 and 2012 on registration due to the assembly happening in 2012.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks