Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 11:02   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Actually I took it to mean that since in the first year your vehicle is at its full value, no deduction will be made for any part in the first year only. From next year graduated depreciation will be charged each year. For instance in the second year say 10% will be deducted from plastic parts. So the zero depreciation will be useful from the second year onwards.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Please look up the insurance papers carefully.
. The depreciation starts from day 1. The IDV (insurance value) is 95% of the ex-showroom price.
. After 3 months the depreciation is 10%. For rubber, plastics and glass it varies from 20% to 50% as it is.
. In Zero Depreciation policy, you do not pay for any part/labour. You pay a "processing fee" of 1000 to 2000 per claim.

I hope I have been able to explain it properly. For finer points, please read your insurance papers, as all proposals differ in minor details.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:04   #947
BHPian

Yetian, How about Yetian trip to Leh Next season? I am planning to do this trip with my wife but was wondering if folks here will be interested? (This will be my second trip to Ladakh)
Old 7th October 2012, 11:41   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Yetian, How about Yetian trip to Leh Next season? I am planning to do this trip with my wife but was wondering if folks here will be interested? (This will be my second trip to Ladakh)
Good idea! Next season as in next year? I have yet to make a trip to Ladakh.
Old 7th October 2012, 14:43   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy
Please look up the insurance papers carefully.
. The depreciation starts from day 1. The IDV (insurance value) is 95% of the ex-showroom price.
. After 3 months the depreciation is 10%. For rubber, plastics and glass it varies from 20% to 50% as it is.
. In Zero Depreciation policy, you do not pay for any part/labour. You pay a "processing fee" of 1000 to 2000 per claim.

I hope I have been able to explain it properly. For finer points, please read your insurance papers, as all proposals differ in minor details.
Thank you for the info. I have the cover note with me only which does not give too many details. I will read the full document very carefully indeed.

Regards

Carcrazy
Old 7th October 2012, 18:45   #950
BANNED

I posted it before as well, but nobody replied so i am posting again.

Does anybody know whether 2012 VIN ELegance 4x4 models are available?
The Dealer quotes a time of at least 2 months for availability of these.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:02   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I posted it before as well, but nobody replied so i am posting again.

Does anybody know whether 2012 VIN ELegance 4x4 models are available?
The Dealer quotes a time of at least 2 months for availability of these.
2011 or 2012 wont make much difference. since during registration the date of manufacture is entered as 2012.

also bear in mind that Yeti is a CKD Import. if the Year and Month of Manufacture is 2012 Jan (that would be in Czech republic) then add the time for disassembly and Export to India say 3-4 Months, and assembly once again in India another 1-2 Months. and since the elegances that are being dispatched from the factory are still 2011 OCtober VINS i doubt if you will get a 2012 VIN.

go in for the 2011, you will get a Good discount, which you can utilise to do a few mods!
Old 7th October 2012, 19:06   #952
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
2011 or 2012 wont make much difference. since during registration the date of manufacture is entered as 2012.

also bear in mind that Yeti is a CKD Import. if the Year and Month of Manufacture is 2012 Jan (that would be in Czech republic) then add the time for disassembly and Export to India say 3-4 Months, and assembly once again in India another 1-2 Months. and since the elegances that are being dispatched from the factory are still 2011 OCtober VINS i doubt if you will get a 2012 VIN.

go in for the 2011, you will get a Good discount, which you can utilise to do a few mods!
2012 or 2011 may not make much difference on the RC but i would not like to buy a car whose parts were dispatched nearly a year ago. a lot more could go wrong with an older car.

another t-bhp member fl.robin bought an Ambition 4x4 with 2012 VIN and a full 2 Lacs discount. This is weirder because this is the least selling variant of the Yeti and they would be making lesser of these.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:18   #953
BHPian

Quote:
2012 or 2011 may not make much difference on the RC but i would not like to buy a car whose parts were dispatched nearly a year ago. a lot more could go wrong with an older car.

another t-bhp member fl.robin bought an Ambition 4x4 with 2012 VIN and a full 2 Lacs discount. This is weirder because this is the least selling variant of the Yeti and they would be making lesser of these.
True that parts were dispatched a year ago. but then parts are covered by warranty for 4 long years! to be honest, parts in a 2012 VIN could have been Manufactured by the OE Manufacturers way back in 2009. I had just imported a Light Switch for my Yeti. The DOM is 20.11.2009, and the Packing slip of VAG group is dated 14.09.2012. as far as i am concerned warranty starts from the date of Purchase.

Ambition 4X4 was not on the Skoda Portfolio. Earlier the Mid- Variant was Ambiente. Ambitions had some features stripped from the Ambiente, and they were launced if i recall well sometime around November 2011, along with the 4X2 variant and the Active Variant.

as regards Discount, it depends on the sales strategy for the Month. if the company has sold a particular variant in large numbers in the previous month and another variant is moving much slower, the slower moving variant gets a bigger discount in the succeeding month. eg: in September if Skoda Sold 200 Yetis of which 100 were elegances and 25 were ambition 4X4 and 50 were Ambition 4X2 and 25 were ACtive 4X2, then its most likely that the variants selling 25 units in September will have higher discounts to liquidate Inventory.

Also Ambition 4X4, 4X2 and Actives sold quite a few units when they were launched in November 2011 and more units were imported in early 2012. thats why the 2012 VIN

Last edited by Sunilrj : 7th October 2012 at 19:23.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:23   #954
BANNED

Quote:
True that parts were dispatched a year ago. but then parts are covered by warranty for 4 long years!

Ambition 4X4 was not on the Skoda Portfolio. Earlier the Mid- Variant was Ambiente. Ambitions had some features stripped from the Ambiente, and they were launced if i recall well aometime around November 2011, along with the 4X2 variant and the Active Variant.

as regards Discount, it depends on the sales strategy for the Month. if the company has sold a particular variant in large numbers in the previous month and another variant is moving much slower, the slower moving variant gets a bigger discount in the particular month. eg: in September if Skoda Sold 200 Yetis of which 100 were elegances and 25 were ambition 4X4 and 50 were Ambition 4X2 and 25 were ACtive 4X2, then its most likely that the variants selling 25 units in September will have higher discounts to liquidate Inventory.

Also Ambition 4X4, 4X2 and Actives sold quite a few units when they were launched in November 2011 and more units were imported in early 2012. thats why the 2012 VIN
The ambiente was only renamed to ambition there were no changes in feature list and you cant possibly distinguish between the two even if you keep looking for hours. ( other than VIN of course).
I can confirm this, i have both the new as well as old brochure( the dealership gave me both!)
of course they would adjust the discounting stratagies according to their variant sales distributions.

Yes there is a full 4 years warranty(after extending), but what about after that?
An older part will go kaput earlier than the newer one.(generally).

Last edited by agambhandari : 7th October 2012 at 19:25.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:28   #955
BHPian

Quote:
The ambiente was only renamed to ambition there were no changes in feature list and you cant possibly distinguish between the two even if you keep looking for hours. ( other than VIN of course).
I can confirm this, i have both the new as well as old brochure( the dealership gave me both!)
of course they would adjust the discounting stratagies according to their variant sales distributions.
Yes there is a full 4 years warranty(after extending), but what about after it. An older part will go kaput earlier than the newer one.(generally).
as regards older parts going Kaput earlier than the newer one, Please re-read my Post you have quoted as i have done an edit job on it

Does the Old Brochure have the Brown Yeti ? if yes there are some Micro Differences which may have slipped out of your View. You need to compare the 2010 Brochure and New Brochure.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:34   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Ambition 4X4 was not on the Skoda Portfolio. Earlier the Mid- Variant was Ambiente. Ambitions had some features stripped from the Ambiente, and they were launced if i recall well sometime around November 2011, along with the 4X2 variant and the Active Variant.
What features did I miss from the previous Ambitions? I think they are still the same. Variant name change was only to align with the European market (UK mostly), features still look the same from the time of launch. Will have to check with Behemoth.

Quote:

Why don't you ask the dealer to show you around the stock. You can then pick whatever you like. To me also they kept saying 2011 and only 2011. If you aren't in a hurry, buy at your terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I am planning next year. But ideal time for me would be mid-end September. I don't want to travel the north in full summer heat.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:38   #957
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

as far as i am concerned warranty starts from the date of Purchase.

as regards Discount, it depends on the sales strategy for the Month. if the company has sold a particular variant in large numbers in the previous month and another variant is moving much slower, the slower moving variant gets a bigger discount in the succeeding month.
Absolutely correct that warranty kicks in from the date of purchase/ invoice.
Ambiente and Elegance had very few real differences barring a few.
They had to re position the mid variant to create some distance between it and the top end one, hence the 'feature strip' strategy.
I think discounting depends more on the dealer and his current inventory holding vs cash flow state.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:39   #958
BANNED

Quote:
as regards older parts going Kaput earlier than the newer one, Please re-read my Post you have quoted as i have done an edit job on it

Does the Old Brochure have the Brown Yeti ? if yes there are some Micro Differences which may have slipped out of your View. You need to compare the 2010 Brochure and New Brochure.
Yes the old brochure has brown yeti with "Right of Way " written on it.
I just micro-checked the brochure again and compared them, absolutely no difference between ambition and ambiente. If you find them please post here.

As far as the warranty is concerned. Yes of course it starts from the day of invoice.but here is what i was saying,
Example: I buy a July 2011 Yeti now (Case A) or an April 2012 Yeti now(Case B).

Say in 2016, when my warranty is over. Now the parts in the Case A car are older than that of Case B. So the Case A parts would have a higher probability of going kaput, since they are older.(even if they are used similarly).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Why don't you ask the dealer to show you around the stock. You can then pick whatever you like. To me also they kept saying 2011 and only 2011. If you aren't in a hurry, buy at your terms.
The Dealer here for the whole Punjab region is actually the same, although with dealerships in all the cities.
They have a common stockyard and at the moment they only have 2 Yetis in 4x4 Elegance and both are Silver and 2011 VIN. But i don't want to get silver. ( A bit bored now, had a silver honda city for 7.5 years).
So this, along with 2011 VIN cars are prompting me to look for the 2012 ones.

Last edited by agambhandari : 7th October 2012 at 19:46.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:55   #959
BHPian

^ Frankly I myself don't know how/why Tafe decided to give me the 2012 Ambition model and a 2 lacs discount. May be because I had bought a Fabia from them earlier. May be because they were on the back foot with my first booking of the Yeti. May be they were able to sell my first booked Yeti to someone else with lesser discount and so passed the benefit to me.

I had thoroughly done the PDI and the vehicle looked good. Better than the previously booked one.
Old 7th October 2012, 19:58   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Absolutely correct that warranty kicks in from the date of purchase/ invoice.
Ambiente and Elegance had very few real differences barring a few.
They had to re position the mid variant to create some distance between it and the top end one, hence the 'feature strip' strategy.
I think discounting depends more on the dealer and his current inventory holding vs cash flow state.
Shankar, with most dealers there is Principal Discount and Dealer Discount. Remember our quotes in November 2011 ? Principal Discount was 2,00,000 and Dealer was passing on only about 1.80 ? dealer Margin definitely isnt 2.0 Lakhs

Quote:
Yes the old brochure has brown yeti with "Right of Way " written on it.
I just micro-checked the brochure again and compared them, absolutely no difference between ambition and ambiente. If you find them please post here.

As far as the warranty is concerned. Yes of course it starts from the day of invoice.but here is what i was saying,
Example: I buy a July 2011 Yeti now (Case A) or an April 2012 Yeti now(Case B).

Say in 2016, when my warranty is over. Now the parts in the Case A car are older than that of Case B. So the Case A parts would have a higher probability of going kaput, since they are older.(even if they are used similarly).
the brochure which i had is right now with the dealer as he took it from me to study the differences between the 2011 and 2010 Elegances. will update tommorrow when i take it back from him. i do not think parts are like food products which would have an expiry date. a 2009 part can find its way into a 2012 Yeti too! so the part can still go Kaput

Last edited by Sunilrj : 7th October 2012 at 20:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks