Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 20:02   #961
BANNED

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Shankar, with most dealers there is Principal Discount and Dealer Discount. Remember our quotes in November 2011 ? Principal Discount was 2,00,000 and Dealer was passing on only about 1.80 ? dealer Margin definitely isnt 2.0 Lakhs

the brochure which i had is right now with the dealer as he took it from me to study the differences between the 2011 and 2010 Elegances. will update tommorrow when i take it back from him
If you have the time you can compare them online. the older brochure is here

and you can get the new brochure (its actually just a leaflet) from the Skoda's India website.
Old 7th October 2012, 20:30   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
^ Frankly I myself don't know how/why Tafe decided to give me the 2012 Ambition model and a 2 lacs discount. May be because I had bought a Fabia from them earlier. May be because they were on the back foot with my first booking of the Yeti. May be they were able to sell my first booked Yeti to someone else with lesser discount and so passed the benefit to me.

I had thoroughly done the PDI and the vehicle looked good. Better than the previously booked one.
Robin the one you relinquished was a Feb 2012 and you purchased was a May 2012. probably some Sales offer by Skoda in the particular month of Purchase due to which you got the discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
If you have the time you can compare them online. the older brochure is here

and you can get the new brochure (its actually just a leaflet) from the Skoda's India website.
The Brochure i am referring to has a Corrida Red as a Vehicle Colour option. This Brochure is of Early 2011.

Here is the Brochure! skoda-yeti-365.zip

Last edited by Sunilrj : 7th October 2012 at 20:38.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 20:59   #963
BANNED

Quote:
Robin the one you relinquished was a Feb 2012 and you purchased was a May 2012. probably some Sales offer by Skoda in the particular month of Purchase due to which you got the discount.

The Brochure i am referring to has a Corrida Red as a Vehicle Colour option. This Brochure is of Early 2011.

Here is the Brochure! Attachment 997172
Now that is what i call a brochure.( All we get is a leaflet)
But the features on that are same as that on my brochure and same as that of Ambition.
Old 7th October 2012, 21:16   #964
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari
no difference between ambition and ambiente. If you find them please post here.

me to look for the 2012 ones.
Ambition has fabric upholstery I believe, vs the Ambiente which had leather.
Old 7th October 2012, 21:21   #965
BHPian

I have almost finalized Yeti Elegance 4x4 as my choice after a fairly long search. But in Chennai, the dealership is offering me only a White colour and my preference is a Black or Brown. Somehow, they seem unwilling to accept an order even when I am willing to wait. Any suggestion?

Also any news on the proposed launch of Automatic Yeti? An Auto tranny would have met all my expectations! Hope they launch it this year.
Old 7th October 2012, 21:36   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ambition has fabric upholstery I believe, vs the Ambiente which had leather.
At least the 4x4 Ambition still has leather, same as the Elegance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Now that is what i call a brochure.( All we get is a leaflet)
But the features on that are same as that on my brochure and same as that of Ambition.
I too couldn't find any difference.

Quote:
Independence day offer as they say, for month of August. There was a flat discount of 2 lacs on the Elegance and 1 lac on the Ambition (OTR). They upped the discount for me on the Ambition 4x4 for reasons unclear. May be they were sorry because they couldn't give me the car they had promised and so tried to make with more discount on the other (most likely the case) but who is complaining . May be the manager liked me. He actually recognized my through one of the pictures here in one of the Fabia thread, my picture with a deer, that's what he remembered. He owns a fabia himself and is a big fan of HVK sir, the traveller.

Last edited by fi.robin : 7th October 2012 at 21:45.
Old 7th October 2012, 22:38   #967

Hello All,

It so happened that two weeks back I happened to test drive the Yeti 4x4 and god was I impressed. It was, what should I say, an impulsive decision to go for it although I was not in the market to buy a new car. I am currently driving a Getz CRDI and am extremely happy with the way it is treating me, and the turbo is still kicking in !!

I zeroed in on the Ambition 4 x 2 as it was value for money and it also came with some essential features which is stripped on the Active variant. But, to my surprise the dealer says that there is no more Ambition 4 x 2 available as all the stocks at the "Skoda Plant" were exhausted, and was instead asking me to go in for the Active variant. I was offered 15.75 OTR Bangalore for Active without the secure and extended warranty.

I could not believe that there were no vehicles at the plant and thus started scouting with other dealers like TAFE and also spoke to some of the dealers in Hubli and in Mysore. Tuff luck had it, no Ambition 4 x 2 available anywhere and for Ambition 4 x4 there was hardly any discounts being offered as there is no participation from the manufacturer. Thus leaving me with no option but to either go in for the basic variant or the high end variant. I had believed that the Elegance was an overkill and had not even bothered to find out the discounts being offered on them.

Cursing my fate, I started to convince myself about the Active and also simultaneously started reading all the threads about the Yeti here.

Infact, I also managed to collect Shankar's number from the dealer and spoke to him asking what I should be doing. Shankar was very clear and said; if it is a Yeti, then it has to be an Elegance and also shared his experience of buying the Yeti, how he upgraded from the Scorpio etc.

I kind of knew that all I needed was somebody from here telling me that you have to go for the Elegance instead of the Active and I would have figured my finances out. It had to be Shankar in this case. Thank you Shankar.

I thus decided that I would go for the Elegance and started bargaining with Vinayak and of course all the other dealers who were following up with me on the Active. I was offered 19.15 OTR on the Elegance at best without the Secure and Extended Warranty.

But now I am told that there are only a couple of cars available at the plant and all are Silver in color. It seems that the assembly of MY-13 kits have started for which of course there would be no discounts offered. I for some reason like the White and dont want to go in for the Silver. Can somebody help me find a White Elegance 4 x 4 and also advise if the deal that I have managed is reasonable.

I would like to thank Team-BHP for giving us a platform of this kind. Its so amazing.
Old 7th October 2012, 23:32   #968
Senior - BHPian

The squeaks have become so frequent and irritant that today, I removed the thermocool boxes from the rear and drove it. There is no difference, the squeaks remain. So the thermocool boxes are ruled out as the culprit. To pinpoint the source of the squeaks, I even let my younger brother sat on the rear seats and with audio off, he listened carefully. According to him, the noise/squeaks are coming from the rear passenger doors. I didn't find any suspicious plastics or beadings on the doors that might have caused the squeaks. I am utter clueless what may be causing it. Perhaps the only thing left is to remove the rear seats and test drive. Ironically, my 3 yrs civic has not given me a single squeak or rattle. This is the only minor factor dampening my ownership experience with the almost perfect yeti.
Old 8th October 2012, 00:12   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Good idea! Next season as in next year? I have yet to make a trip to Ladakh.
Yes, next year. The season starts from june till september end

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I am planning next year. But ideal time for me would be mid-end September. I don't want to travel the north in full summer heat.
September it will be for me as well but i am open to other dates if more people in the are willing to come. I know it's too early but i thought of asking around as taking leaves from office/business for two week is something which doesn't come in last minute
Old 8th October 2012, 05:24   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish View Post
Hello All,

Infact, I also managed to collect Shankar's number from the dealer and spoke to him asking what I should be doing. Shankar was very clear and said; if it is a Yeti, then it has to be an Elegance and also shared his experience of buying the Yeti, how he upgraded from the Scorpio etc.

I kind of knew that all I needed was somebody from here telling me that you have to go for the Elegance instead of the Active and I would have figured my finances out. It had to be Shankar in this case. Thank you Shankar.

Yes If Its a Yeti it has to be an Elegance. Shankar Himself had been dilly dallying for an Ambition 4 X 4 and finally got hooked on to the Elegance, what say Shankar ? Remember our long discussions as to why it should be Elegance and Not Ambition ?

and as regards your colour Choice, please give me a Buzz or Text Me. let me check if there is a White 4X4 Elegance. to be honest, Silver is easy to maintain and is open to Chrome cosmetic add-ons, without looking too Blingy or Garish. Pls Visit my Ownership Thread and see for yourself.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th October 2012 at 05:29.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 07:34   #971
BHPian

@Vish - Yeti makes the most sense in Elegance Trim. 19.15 is a very very good offer. Even if you take the Secure and Extended Warranty it won't cross 19.6 - that is 3 lacs discount.

Non availability of certain variants in certain period is quite possible. Skoda sold decent number of Yeti in August-September and I think in the 4x2 it is the Ambition out selling. I was also told that Skoda keeps changing its focus. Sometime ago they were not producing Amb 4x4 and Active, last month they had all.

I will ask around if Ambition is available in Tafe.
fi.robin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 16:57   #972
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, barring rust, parts do not degenerate with age, especially mechanical and electrical. Most parts deteriorate with use, but rarely in packed form lying on the shelf. The only exception are rubber parts exposed to environment, but that rarelyhappens in real life as all parts are packaged just to prevent this.

So a Yeti assembled from 2 year old or 1 year old parts would not matter. What matters is how many km/years they have been in service. Many slow moving but exotic components are made in small batches and in many cases once a year or two years (if the offtake is really low). As long as they are packaged properly, they will not rust, hence a 4 year old component is as good as a brand new one.

Further the warranty is for the whole vehicle, which starts with the invoice date and not on the manufacturing date of the part. As an example (from another field) - I bought an LG high end monitor. It was a display piece - one year old, but came with full warranty from the date of purchase. The monitor went kaput in six months, but I got a brand new panel free of cost and it is running without any hitch for last three years. So at times buying an old piece with full warranty has its own advantage.

Last edited by Aroy : 8th October 2012 at 17:02. Reason: warranty info.
Old 8th October 2012, 21:34   #973
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I can now understand why the 3d mat is necessary. It's not available in Patna. I have googled but trades.in and the rest do not seem to have Yeti specific mats. Please let me of any websites who do deliver these mats. There are other mats of presumably lower quality available but I wanted to try the Kagu mats first.

The car is running beautifully except for some groans when I was turning around on a slope once. Perhaps the machinery is just settling down.

I think Skoda has supplied the car with some windshield washing fluid added to the water. Which ones should be used if any? On touching the water it felt somewhat different.
Old 8th October 2012, 21:47   #974
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Vish the rate of 19.15 is very good. Buy the Elegance. Forget the Ambition. Buy the 4x4 and forget the 4x2.

As Sunil says, if it is a Yeti, it has to be an Elegance.

Buy Silver as it is easy to maintain and will not get as dirty or show as much dirt as White will.

I had a recent altercation with a dirty little Auto who scarred my Yeti's left rear flank but the scratches, such as they are, are hardly visible after one simple rub and polish job! Got that done at the local 3M along with a general wash and brush up. Will get a more permanent job done when the vehicle goes for its first servicing, mid-next month.

Bottom line, just go and buy it. You wont regret it.

It is a first class vehicle and nothing comes close at this price point.

Extremely plush vehicle, great value for money and will make you want to just drive and drive, for no reason at all! You will hunt up any excuse to get in and go somewhere on a nice long drive, which is exactly what is happening to me! Would of course, that I had unlimited time and wherewithal to indulge my driving holiday wishes!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th October 2012 at 21:49.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 21:48   #975
BHPian

@carcrazy60

I am using starmats and very satisfied with it, they cost around 3200 including shipping.
Here's the link

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...ar_mats_67.htm

Most Viewed