Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 18:43   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
The 'mobile' level can't go down in just 336 kms. Kindly drive a little more and keep a look out if it drops to near the half level between the high and low mark. Then you can think of topping it up with some 'Mobil' oil or even 'Castrol' for that matter.
Yep you caught that one. If it goes down it will certainly be mobile! A little more than the car perhaps.

The dealer has me pegged as an enthusiastic owner. Yesterday he called up so I could assure a nervous Scorpio owner that the Yeti is a good buy. Referred him to team Bhp for further enlightenment.
Old 21st October 2012, 21:18   #1037
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I have been using Swing audio in my Ambition yeti for some time now. Sound quality is acceptable but UI and usability is limited as it has a small screen.

Is there a way to get Bolero player to replace the swing? With new knowledge that Skoda will support warranty with OEM equipment purchased from outside I am thinking if it would be a good idea to have it shipped from abroad and then get our local service center install it? What do you guys think about it? Or should I just go for a Pioneer or likes of it? ( which I suppose is a better option from cost point of view)
Old 22nd October 2012, 18:42   #1038
BHPian

Suffered the first hit on my Yeti today. I was idling in a traffic jam on Bailey Road when suddenly there was a loud bang and the car rolled forward for a couple of inches! Shocked I got out of the car to find a young bloke in a Hyundai pretending nothing had happened. I discovered the white portion beneath the rear bumper was showing three clips and was scratched . The miserable moron claimed it was all my fault. Gave him a piece of my mind and put a little fear in him. His grandmother started apologising for him so pranamed her back and told him in case I have to claim insurance he will be hearing from me. Took some pictures of his car and left.

I called up Himanshu the service manager of Singh Motors . He said if you can come within the hour we will see what we can do as most of the staff have left for the Puja Hols. We discovered the sensors seem to be fine. The underbody thing was pushed back and clips seemed to hold. Will go back after the holidays to get a little touch up done.

The rear bumper unit is definitely not weak. But what a day, spoiled my mood.

I think this bad an impact in my swift would have torn the bumper out.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:52   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
I have been using Swing audio in my Ambition yeti for some time now. Sound quality is acceptable but UI and usability is limited as it has a small screen.

Is there a way to get Bolero player to replace the swing? With new knowledge that Skoda will support warranty with OEM equipment purchased from outside I am thinking if it would be a good idea to have it shipped from abroad and then get our local service center install it? What do you guys think about it? Or should I just go for a Pioneer or likes of it? ( which I suppose is a better option from cost point of view)

The Bolero Player is listed in the Genuine Range of accesories of Skoda India - the List of which is here (prices Customised for KA) ---> Accessories-UPDATE Final for sending.xlsx

Since it finds a place in the accessory list, it is possible to swap the swing to the Bolero and i presume no wiring would be required to be changed. as regards Skoda supporting warranty on OEM equipment, purchased from Outside, there are still grey areas, as the People have requested for a weeks time to respond. having it shipped from abroad, would cost you quite a lot, if its through DHL express/ Fedex as it weights roughly about 3 Kg's and a New Bolero Costs about £699.99 which is 60,030/- and Shipment and Customs could cost another 7k, not to mention the risk of damage in transit. you may also have to change the SKODA YETI RADIO & HEATER FACIA TRIM - Part No: 5L0858069H1QB

you can find lightly used cood condition boleros for about £199 - £399, but since its a distance sale and an overseas transaction if something is wrong with the radio's then probably you would have to junk them.

Best is Contact Dealer and Haggle for a Discount and Buy it from SAIPL!!
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 20:28   #1040
BHPian

Though it has happened earlier, I noticed the timing only this evening...around 6.00 PM, while driving, the console on my Yeti dimmed and only the needles could be seen. I switched to park lights and continued driving. Does the Yeti have some kind of sensor that tells you it is dusk and you need to switch on your lights? Or is my vehicle playing funny with me?
Old 26th October 2012, 20:42   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump
Though it has happened earlier, I noticed the timing only this evening...around 6.00 PM, while driving, the console on my Yeti dimmed and only the needles could be seen. I switched to park lights and continued driving. Does the Yeti have some kind of sensor that tells you it is dusk and you need to switch on your lights? Or is my vehicle playing funny with me?
Yes there is a light sensor for the dials, in bright sunny light the dials will be bright and clearly visible and as the daylight fades the dials start to dim perhaps an indication to switch on the lights.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:45   #1042

This is a std feature that is provided it has some light sensor that enables this automatically
Old 26th October 2012, 20:52   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Does the Yeti have some kind of sensor that tells you it is dusk and you need to switch on your lights? Or is my vehicle playing funny with me?
I don't think there is any such a feature in Yeti. Even if such a feature exists, it would on the lights to account for dusk. Don't see why it would dim existing lights.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:01   #1044
BHPian

Well the Yeti seems to have some sort of light sensing mechanism for the dials. I am pretty sure about this because i drive quite often on the Expressway which has a couple of tunnels. When i enter the tunnel the dials blackout urging me to switch them on. If i dont then i see the dials automatically light up once i exit the tunnel. Pretty cool safety feature. I have the Elegance spec. Not sure about other variants.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:21   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Well the Yeti seems to have some sort of light sensing mechanism for the dials. I am pretty sure about this because i drive quite often on the Expressway which has a couple of tunnels. When i enter the tunnel the dials blackout urging me to switch them on. If i dont then i see the dials automatically light up once i exit the tunnel. Pretty cool safety feature. I have the Elegance spec. Not sure about other variants.
I think my Laura TSi has it too.
It's just AMAZING - the dials automatically change the color depending upon the ambient light. Super cool.

But I am not sure I understood you - do you mean the same? Why do you have to "switch them on"?
Old 26th October 2012, 21:26   #1046
Team-BHP Support

Dials changing lights and coming on automatically? What are you guys talking about?

In the day only the needles are illuminated, and the dials are not. In normal light they look as bright as the needle so you don't notice that they are not lit up. When the ambient light becomes less the dials don't have a light on behind them so they look dimmer and the needle continues to stay at that brightness.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th October 2012 at 21:36.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:28   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

I think my Laura TSi has it too.
It's just AMAZING - the dials automatically change the color depending upon the ambient light. Super cool.
Change the color as in getting dimmer or brighter , correct??
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:44   #1048
BHPian

Well, I my case I can see the dials in the daytime, and sometimes only the needles are visible. The 'sometimes' I now feel, is as some you agree, when it gets darker outside. Whatever, I like it that the Yeti has this thing that cautions me that I need to switch on my parks.
Another experience I had last Sunday,... was skipping happily at 100 plus on the highway and 300 odd metres ahead an auto decided to cross the road..OMG! The guy then decides to stop half way through.
I thought this was going to be awful!! Stepped on the brakes and my Yeti ... seemed to be yawning and shrugging it's shoulders and asking me what's up?
I kept going down on the brakes, and something started acting up, I think it must have been the alphabets they give, such as ABS, EBD, what not... I don't understand them anyway.
What did happen, or rather did not happen... there were no squeals on the brakes, no great heaves either, just a few shrugs, a powerful slow down, and I was past a probable disaster. I think the thing that handles these issues inside my car then went back to sleep as though it was nothing at all.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:56   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Yep absolutely correct, it has a sensor and this kinda also reminds/urges you to turn on the light. At least thats what I think too.
Do you know where that sensor is? Put your palm over the Tachometer and cover the whole thing up, while you're driving in daylight and rest of the meters with get dim and =then become dark.... Time to turn on the lights.
What the sensor does, when it gets light is to switch on and illuminate the back dials of the guages in daylight too just like it is when you turn on the parking lights at night..
In the night with the parking light switch turned off try getting some light on the tachometer with your phone screen, the rest of the meters including the tach will light up..
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Dials changing lights and coming on automatically? What are you guys talking about?

In the day only the needles are illuminated, and the dials are not..

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 26th October 2012 at 22:04.
deutscheafrikar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 22:00   #1050
BHPian

Will post a video soon the next time round of the dials which should clarify things.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks