Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 15:33   #1141
BHPian

I have noticed that if I start my Yeti as soon as the dash lights go out, the engine gives a noticeable shudder before starting on a cold day. The average temperature would be around 10 dregs. If I wait for a short while then there is no shudder. I was sort of expecting the heater to be more efficient.

I will be driving to much colder areas tomorrow ,so I guess I will learn.

Tested the rear windscreen heater in the fog today and its very efficient.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:18   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
I have noticed that if I start my Yeti as soon as the dash lights go out, the engine gives a noticeable shudder before starting on a cold day. The average temperature would be around 10 dregs. If I wait for a short while then there is no shudder. I was sort of expecting the heater to be more efficient.

Tested the rear windscreen heater in the fog today and its very efficient.
Wait for the glow plug light to go off and then start the car. The glow plug light typically takes 1-2 seconds more than the other lights to go off.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:16   #1143
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

As mentioned Behemoth, allow 1-2 second for glow plug, and be assured Yeti will not let you down, I have started Yeti in -10 overnight in Leh tour and it started in first crank!

-Pramod
Old 31st December 2012, 15:01   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

As mentioned Behemoth, allow 1-2 second for glow plug, and be assured Yeti will not let you down, I have started Yeti in -10 overnight in Leh tour and it started in first crank!

-Pramod
Thanks folks. Started off today at 5.30am . No problems. 535km drive in seven and a half hours. Not too tired.

People find it strange that the first service is at 15000 km. the dealer gave my number to an interested customer. Referred him to team Bhp and told him the car is a gem.

One of the rear windows was not closed fully and it created a weird whistling sound above 80km/hr. I checked the the brake pads and under the car before I realised what was wrong!
Old 4th January 2013, 18:10   #1145
BHPian

I am back home after a 1300km trip. The Yeti behaved beautifully except for the fact that the horn stopped working for 5 minutes when I was back in Patna. It started to work again all by itself. The tone had changed before it had stopped working.

Some advice please.
Old 4th January 2013, 18:13   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
I am back home after a 1300km trip. The Yeti behaved beautifully except for the fact that the horn stopped working for 5 minutes when I was back in Patna. It started to work again all by itself. The tone had changed before it had stopped working.

Some advice please.
Seems like a problem with the horn relay. Get the relay changed and it should be good to go.
Old 4th January 2013, 18:23   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Seems like a problem with the horn relay. Get the relay changed and it should be good to go.
Thanks. Is it covered under warranty? My yeti is only three months old.

The traction control worked superbly on some foot thick sandy mud. A zen driver behind me lost control and nosed into the two to three feet high mud wall. Never felt like I had lost control.
Old 4th January 2013, 20:45   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. Is it covered under warranty? My yeti is only three months old...
It should be. On the other hand, tuning the horn might solve the issue, no repairs / replacements. This happens after the usage of horns in due course of time.
Old 7th January 2013, 00:11   #1149
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, wanted to know if anyone knows which OEM system & speakers does Skoda provide in the YETI?
Old 7th January 2013, 00:23   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A zen driver behind me lost control and nosed into the two to three feet high mud wall. Never felt like I had lost control.
At 18.5 lakhs, it had better do better than a 1.something liter basic Petrol Hatchback.
Old 7th January 2013, 06:22   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Just out of curiosity, wanted to know if anyone knows which OEM system & speakers does Skoda provide in the YETI?
Blaupunkt or Delphi Head Unit. Speakers are OE Blaupunkt. Some HU's of the Yeti that i have seen have had a Blaupunkt Unit Made in Portugal. if i remember well Mine is a Delphi Unit
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 16:36   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
As you require "minimum accessories" as quoted by you -

1. Caska head unit is very "chinesey", to say the least. Its sound quality is no match for the OEM unit. If still you are insistent, then you can get a 7" double-din Pioneer HU, which will give you far superior sound than all these Chinese brands, for around 20~25K with reverse camera.
How would you still enjoy the climate control and park-assist displays on the pioneer HU? How would you integrate it with CANBUS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
4. Better go for some high quality Philips/Osram bulb upgrade rather than HID's, as Yeti has a single beam setup and not twin beam. Hence single HID's may cause more harm than good, as for headlight flashing, HID's are NOT recommended as they take time to reach peak brightness.
Can we put any other bulb other than the recommended, especially 100/90W. I thought any other lamp other than the Skoda recommended would result in an error
Old 7th January 2013, 16:39   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
How would you still enjoy the climate control and park-assist displays on the pioneer HU? How would you integrate it with CANBUS?

Can we put any other bulb other than the recommended, especially 100/90W. I thought any other lamp other than the Skoda recommended would result in an error
Answers to your Questions:

CASKA/PIONEER is only for those Yeti's which comes with The Skoda Swing Audio Player and Not Bolero Audio Player. You would have to buy an after market wiring kit which is available as a Skoda Genuine Accessory and do the Fitment. However Park assist features will not be available/ nor will the climatronic Display thats available on the Bolero.

No You cannot put any other bulb other than 60/55 H4. in the 50/55H4, there is a brighter bulb in the form of Philips Extremevision, Osram Night Breakers.
Old 7th January 2013, 16:47   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Answers to your Questions:

CASKA/PIONEER is only for those Yeti's which comes with The Skoda Swing Audio Player and Not Bolero Audio Player. You would have to buy an after market wiring kit which is available as a Skoda Genuine Accessory and do the Fitment. However Park assist features will not be available/ nor will the climatronic Display thats available on the Bolero.

No You cannot put any other bulb other than 60/55 H4. in the 50/55H4, there is a brighter bulb in the form of Philips Extremevision, Osram Night Breakers.
Okay, so you end up loosing something! There are Pioneer HUs for Skoda, such as the ones mentioned here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25.../overview.html. They're too expensive to purchase and have them shipped to India. What about Witson HUs compared to Caska, are they both of the same class? Else you'd be better off installing a separate single din HU in the space above the gear stick.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:13   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

Like I had suggested even then, the best option is to stick to the OE HU. Climate Control and Park Assist cannot be integrated into it. It is only the sound quality which can be got with a Pioneer HU but that will also void all your warranties.

Yes, Canbus error will come and is recommended only for people willing to live with it and drive. I would however recommend all to stick to the OE bulbs only which IMHO are of very good quality and required brightness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks