Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 07:11   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Well, even I've managed to get some phenomenal number with a light foot, driving economically is every bit as hard I think.
Yes driving economically is hard. What was your speed range? That is a great average.

My iPad is working fine now, thanks to the updated app.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:32   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

Yes driving economically is hard. What was your speed range? That is a great average.

My iPad is working fine now, thanks to the updated app.
Well I was maintaining an average speed between 60-80 kmph over a distance of approximately 100 km's.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:57   #1248
BHPian

This morning I am suddenly getting esp abs error. And the two lights are glowing. What could be the reason . what should I do. Can I drive with these error codes
Old 14th February 2013, 19:23   #1249
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

went to service center. they tried to diagnose through vcds and clear the error code, but couldn't do so. according to them it was right front sensor issue with abs. they then opened the tyre and wheels, pulled out the whole setup with sensor and cleaned them. Now again it was giving error. Finally they said that the sensor needs replacement. and they ordered it under warranty.

Now my questions is what could be the reason for sensor going kaput? Can there be case of faulty diagnosis?
Old 17th February 2013, 22:49   #1250
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yeti_1.jpg

My Yeti turned two today. About 35K on the odo, it's as much fun to drive it as it was on day one.

Maintenance effort and costs limited to the two scheduled services at 15K and 30K kms.

Plenty of long drives on beautiful roads, some with no roads, and a few places only cars like the Yeti can get to - it's been a great ownership experience!
Old 18th February 2013, 17:38   #1251
BHPian

There have been times when on engaging the reverse gear the optical display does not kick in. It has happened a couple of times when the music system is already on.

Has anyone else faced this problem?
Old 18th February 2013, 17:58   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There have been times when on engaging the reverse gear the optical display does not kick in. It has happened a couple of times when the music system is already on.

Happened with my TSi Laura - it did not work on a couple of occassions to begin with and then eventually gave away completely. The culprit was reverse gear sensor/buzzer that had to be replaced. It costed ~Rs.150. In the Laura it's located inside the left B-pillar. It was a 5 minutes job for which Skoda and the dealer took 1 month (to debug, order the part, process warranty, etc)...
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 11:25   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yep I did. Check if your reverse light works when you engage reverse and the display doesn't show? In my case a rat had eaten a wire. Happened when the yeti was at the JMD Workshop
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:09   #1254

I have had Yeti for over a year now and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I recently did my first service (december) and I have never had any problems so far with the car. However, about a week back when I was getting back from work, the car refused to start for over 15 mins. The traction control light kept coming on and then out of nowhere it started and haven't had any problems since then. Has anybody here had a similar experience? and know what could have caused it? It was a clear and warm day in bangalore so I suppose that rules out cold engine? (BTW, I'm new here and not sure if this is the right thread to post this question)
anandbharathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 17:35   #1255
BHPian

[quote="anandbharathi;3048825"]I have had Yeti for over a year now and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I recently did my first service (december) and I have never had any problems so far with the

Welcome to Team-bhp. I think you need to see what the error codes say. A visit to the service station is certainly called for. In the good old days one could push start the car most of the times. That would hardly be possible now.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 09:13   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbharathi
I have had Yeti for over a year now and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I recently did my first service (december) and I have never had any problems so far with the car....I'm new here and not sure if this is the right thread to post this question)
Wish you a nice time here, anandbharathi. Happy to hear youve done a year and are still very satisfied with your Yeti. Have a good experience here, lots of nice people who are only happy to share info.
tomthump is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 16:28   #1257
BHPian

Has anyone done any fording with the Yeti? The exhaust seems to be about eleven and a half inches clear of the ground. What would be a safe depth to ford?
Old 24th February 2013, 16:41   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone done any fording with the Yeti? The exhaust seems to be about eleven and a half inches clear of the ground. What would be a safe depth to ford?
I think Skoda recommends a limit of 300mm, and I once had the opportunity (or may be I should say need!) to wade through about a feet of water in my Yeti, and that was a cinch. I guess you could go a bit more deeper since the air intake is much higher up, although not too sure about some of the electronics that are placed lower.
Old 24th February 2013, 20:34   #1259
BHPian

I had been thinking of going down on the river bed near Siliguri when I had gone there in January. I did not have Drive Assure then and although the river bed was pretty dry ( a bus with tourists had gone down to the bed) I decided to give it a miss. The idea still has its attraction though.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 24th February 2013 at 20:40.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:12   #1260
BHPian

My Yeti is now 2years and 3 months old. I have done about 31k. About a week back, the day when I was to travel out of India on an assignment, I noticed the Glow Plug lamp flashing... I later realised that the car was put in a "safe mode" and I could only drive slowly. I have not yet been able to take it to the garage and will probably do it first thing next week, when I return home. Has anyone experienced a similar issue. And if yes, what was the diagnosis and solution? Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks