Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 20:56   #1261
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
My Yeti is now 2years and 3 months old. I have done about 31k. About a week back, the day when I was to travel out of India on an assignment, I noticed the Glow Plug lamp flashing... I later realised that the car was put in a "safe mode" and I could only drive slowly. I have not yet been able to take it to the garage and will probably do it first thing next week, when I return home. Has anyone experienced a similar issue. And if yes, what was the diagnosis and solution? Thank you.
Well, when my Yeti was just about 10 days old last year in july & I decided to take it offroad on a track i used often in the dry. I made it right to the end of the field where i could'nt judge the depth of the water and i was stuck. Water started to seep in to the cabin. Because of the transmission tunnel water did'nt get into the other side. I was eventually towed out. When i reached home I noticed the Glow Plug symbol. If you go through the manual it has something to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF). Got it scanned the other day at the Service Station using VAGCOM. That solved the issue. The worst bit though was having to drive the car without insulation material & carpet on bare metal for a whole fortnight on a brand new car. Everything is sorted now though.
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 22:10   #1262
BHPian

Hi, i've experienced a drop in performance in the speed sensing volume control on the Bolero System offered in the Elegance trim, has any one experienced this? The car is just over 8 months old. The sensitivity is set to Max.
Old 27th February 2013, 01:15   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Well, when my Yeti was just about 10 days old last year in july & I decided to take it offroad on a track i used often in the dry. I made it right to the end of the field where i could'nt judge the depth of the water and i was stuck. Water started to seep in to the cabin. Because of the transmission tunnel water did'nt get into the other side. I was eventually towed out. When i reached home I noticed the Glow Plug symbol. If you go through the manual it has something to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF). Got it scanned the other day at the Service Station using VAGCOM. That solved the issue. The worst bit though was having to drive the car without insulation material & carpet on bare metal for a whole fortnight on a brand new car. Everything is sorted now though.
Thank you so much. The manual however talks about a DPF warning lamp, which is different from the Glow Plug lamp. Refer to pages 24 and 26. I am not so sure that a flashing Glow Plug lamp has to do with the DPF....it says something faulty with the glow plug system! May someone very technically inclined could tell me more. Regards!
Old 27th February 2013, 01:35   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
... I was eventually towed out. When i reached home I noticed the Glow Plug symbol. If you go through the manual it has something to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF). Got it scanned the other day at the Service Station using VAGCOM. ...
Surprising!!! I thought the Indian Yeti's did not have a DPF. Is that what the service center confirmed as well?
Old 1st March 2013, 09:54   #1265

This might be off the flow of the conversation, but couldn't resist saying that I always skip a heart beat when i see this Goddess on the road.

Not sure if i'll ever fall in love with any other SUV.
Insouciant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 18:54   #1266
BHPian

This is one of my most favorite cars on the road as well @Insouciant. In fact, given our limitations in budget, the wife and I are seriously considering looking at a 2nd Yeti instead of getting a new Duster/Storme/Ecosport etc. Would love some inputs from the Yeti-lovers here
  • Does anybody know the going rates for a 1-2 year old Yeti in New Delhi area in tip-top condition? Am happy to look at any model other than Active - Ambition 4x2 would be the best for our needs
  • Do any of the NCR Skoda dealers do certified pre-owned cars? This is my first big car purchase and am honestly apprehensive of dealing with local dealers etc.
  • Also, while I know doing the PDI inspection personally is absolutely necessary, is it also possible to take a 2nd had Skoda to the dealership, pull up all service records and have them do a full inspection of mechanicals?

Thanks for your answers in advance!
Old 4th March 2013, 20:09   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Service & Spares Cost Update:

1st service done at 6 months, 14,800 kms. Cost Rs.7,200/-, at St Antony's Skoda, Cochin.

Replaced left side tail lamp after a biker rammed into the back of the Yeti @ B'lore. Cost Rs.3,700/- at TAFE Access, off Hosur Rd.

Replaced passenger-side ORVM after I hit the guy-wire of an electric pole while returning from the Palakkad OTR. Cost Rs.2,700/-

The Yeti marches on.

PS: Front tyres wearing out fast. Swapped to rear during service.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th March 2013 at 20:12.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 22:09   #1268
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

How much does the Skoda logo cost? And how much for the Claxon branded paanp paaap horn? Planning to get it for my Figo as well.

The Car is doing well & approaching its first service. Thanks to Steer, have got an idea of what it should cost.

Was surprised by its GC. At few places, I was sitting all tight expecting something to make contact with the ground. but it didn't.

Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 23:47   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
This is one of my most favorite cars on the road as well @Insouciant. In fact, given our limitations in budget, the wife and I are seriously considering looking at a 2nd Yeti instead of getting a new Duster/Storme/Ecosport etc. Would love some inputs from the Yeti-lovers here
  • Does anybody know the going rates for a 1-2 year old Yeti in New Delhi area in tip-top condition? Am happy to look at any model other than Active - Ambition 4x2 would be the best for our needs
  • Do any of the NCR Skoda dealers do certified pre-owned cars? This is my first big car purchase and am honestly apprehensive of dealing with local dealers etc.
  • Also, while I know doing the PDI inspection personally is absolutely necessary, is it also possible to take a 2nd had Skoda to the dealership, pull up all service records and have them do a full inspection of mechanicals?
Thanks for your answers in advance!
why not take my Yeti 4x4 elegance instead? I am contemplating selling off to buy a beemer 3 or mini countryman. tough decision! Mine is about 6 months old
Old 5th March 2013, 01:11   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
why not take my Yeti 4x4 elegance instead? I am contemplating selling off to buy a beemer 3 or mini countryman. tough decision! Mine is about 6 months old
I'd love to look at an Elegance as well. I'm just apprehensive of the long-term maintenance/servicing costs of a 4x4, especially considering we'd rarely be taking anywhere offroad. Irregardless, do PM your expectation if you're looking to sell sometime in the near future Aqua Mist is my second favorite color after the Matto Brown. Plus your ownership thread is also one of my inspirations to keep looking at a Yeti!
Old 5th March 2013, 07:08   #1271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Yes, it is possible to buy a car such as a Skoda Yeti in Bangalore, for example and check on its records say, in Bhubaneswar. All it requires is a set of queries from the Central database.
As with any modern car, this is possible anywhere in India, owing to all authorized dealers having access to vehicle records regardless of where they are based out of. Provided of course the vehicle in question has been maintained properly at authorized service centres throughout.
Old 5th March 2013, 08:21   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Asking ball park ?? Sounds like an opportunity.
Old 5th March 2013, 09:09   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Was surprised by its GC. At few places, I was sitting all tight expecting something to make contact with the ground. but it didn't.
I've been very pleasantly surprised, too. The Yeti went over parts of an OTR track (wasnt participating, went to see some friends in action) quite comfortably without scraping its bottom. Even on the one occasion that I got stuck, it wasnt sitting on its chassis - the entire rear left wheel had gone into a large hole but the three other wheels seemed to hold it up. I was surprised at the amount of articulation on that rear wheel.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 10:16   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
My Yeti is now 2years and 3 months old. I have done about 31k........................ I have not yet been able to take it to the garage and will probably do it first thing next week, when I return home. Has anyone experienced a similar issue. And if yes, what was the diagnosis and solution? Thank you.
An update. I understand from Skoda Service that the EGR Cooler is shot and that it has to be replaced! My vehicle is just out of warranty too. This thing costs a bomb! After my air-con condenser replacement, under warranty, this is the next big bomb shell. While the Yeti is absolutely fabulous to drive, one dreads the thought of very expensive components failing in such a short perod of time, despite doing periodic maintenance as advised!!! Warranty or no warranty, something is wrong here! Any suggestions? Regards
Old 5th March 2013, 11:21   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
An update. I understand from Skoda Service that the EGR Cooler is shot and that it has to be replaced! My vehicle is just out of warranty too. This thing costs a bomb!
What's the cost? On another Skoda Rapid thread, I read the same story - EGR cooler leaking and had to be replaced. Price @26,000. It will be interesting to know why this thing fails and if Rapid and Yeti share the same part by any chance...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks