Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 19:12   #1381
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have upgraded my Yeti lamps to Philips Xtreme H4 which claim +80% light. These are the same as the Oe wattage and to me there is at least 30-40% improvement in the light level. Osram nightbreakers are also supposed to be as good too.
@behemoth, have you enabled DRL on your Yeti? And do you know of an white LED option instead of the OE bulb (which sits in the fog light assembly)?
Old 28th May 2013, 10:50   #1382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Any idea what kind of deals and discounts are available for the yeti nowadays.
Checked with local dealer ships? We got around Rs. 1L off on the Elegance model purchased in Nov '12.

Quote:
I have upgraded my Yeti lamps to Philips Xtreme H4 which claim +80% light. These are the same as the Oe wattage and to me there is at least 30-40% improvement in the light level. Osram nightbreakers are also supposed to be as good too.
Hi!

Is it in 60/55 ratio or 90/100? I would like to stick with 60/55. Fog lamps?

How to disarm the alert for snow tires? Could someone tell me how to scroll through & bye-pass it? (Step by step)

And here is the update about tire swap.

Thanks

EDIT EDI EDIT -

Car doesn't have rain sensing wipers? I can switch off the lamp & switch it on, but wipers?

Last edited by Sheel : 28th May 2013 at 11:04.
Old 28th May 2013, 11:17   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Car doesn't have rain sensing wipers? I can switch off the lamp & switch it on, but wipers?
Yes, the car indeed has rain sensing wipers. There is a position on the stalk where you can set the wipers to auto mode.
xoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:31   #1384
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

On the wiper stalk keep the stalk on the bottom most position for all wipers off. One up in auto wiper mode. In this position the speed setting position on top side of the stalk adjust for sensitivity and speed of wiper in auto position. The position higher than this is medium wiper speed and the highest position is the fastest wiper speed.

For removing snow tyre alarm. Go to System Settings through the RHS Stalk and then find winter tyres and disable the same. The Vehicle is not around so mentioning this from memory for the Laura - All Skoda generally have the same methods. Someone with a Yeti could me more exact though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 12:15   #1385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with local dealer ships? We got around Rs. 1L off on the Elegance model purchased in Nov '12.

Hi!

How to disarm the alert for snow tires? Could someone tell me how to scroll through & bye-pass it? (Step by step)

Thanks

EDIT EDI EDIT -

The Philips Xtreme are 60/55, same as the original.
Fog lamps I have retained as original bulbs, but raised the aiming angle so that they can partially fill the dark spots when the main beams are on high beam.

Sharing an interesting info, which details out the various OE suppliers for the Yeti Globally:
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-suppliers.jpg

Details courtesy http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA66321728.PDF

Last edited by Behemoth : 28th May 2013 at 12:22.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 20:38   #1386
BHPian

Quote:

Hi!

Thanks

EDIT EDI EDIT -

Press the return button on the right of the steering wheel. It should take you the menu page. Select settings , winter tyres and un select the active box if it is ticked. That's all I know.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 28th May 2013 at 20:40.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:19   #1387
BHPian

Hello IT Nerd,
Do you know here in Bangalore I can have the Denison Gateway Five Bluetooth kit fitted on my Yeti? Tafe Access and Vinayak Skoda are rather non committal.Thanks in advance.
Old 4th June 2013, 14:30   #1388
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a strange message in the display panel 'check deadlock refer owner manual'. What does it mean? is it some fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
Hello IT Nerd,
Do you know here in Bangalore I can have the Denison Gateway Five Bluetooth kit fitted on my Yeti? Tafe Access and Vinayak Skoda are rather non committal.Thanks in advance.
I am based in Delhi and got the Dension kit from here itself. If you want to contact the dealer I got it, PM me.
Old 4th June 2013, 14:43   #1389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am getting a strange message in the display panel 'check deadlock refer owner manual'. What does it mean? is it some fault?
Surprised you noticed it only now. It comes on every time you remove the keys from the ignition. It is to warn you about the deadlock which makes the car not openable from inside when you lock it with the remote. None of the door handles work. To disable deadlock you have to press the look button twice, then the car can be unlocked from the inside. Useful if you are leaving someone inside the car and locking it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 14:57   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Surprised you noticed it only now. It comes on every time you remove the keys from the ignition. It is to warn you about the deadlock which makes the car not openable from inside when you lock it with the remote. None of the door handles work. To disable deadlock you have to press the look button twice, then the car can be unlocked from the inside. Useful if you are leaving someone inside the car and locking it.
very surprised me too! I think I know what had happened. In the past, anyone can unlock any of the four doors from inside when the car is in motion. There were times when my niece opened the door from inside during a journey. And I was unable to find any setting to prevent doors opening from inside. But if your description is correct, I must have meddle with something that enable the locks on the doors to prevent opening from inside.

on the side note, I contacted thule in India and about a roof carrier. I got a qoute of THULE BOX DYNAMIC 800 (320 litres) for 85K. I didn't know it is pretty expensive. are there any cheaper alternative? I prefer a case instead of a basket carrier.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:13   #1391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
very surprised me too! I think I know what had happened. In the past, anyone can unlock any of the four doors from inside when the car is in motion. There were times when my niece opened the door from inside during a journey. And I was unable to find any setting to prevent doors opening from inside. But if your description is correct, I must have meddle with something that enable the locks on the doors to prevent opening from inside.

on the side note, I contacted thule in India and about a roof carrier. I got a qoute of THULE BOX DYNAMIC 800 (320 litres) for 85K. I didn't know it is pretty expensive. are there any cheaper alternative? I prefer a case instead of a basket carrier.

You misunderstood. It is not for when the car is in motion. It is for when the car is parked. Say someone elderly is in the car and you park and run out for 2 mins to buy something from a shop. You will ask the elderly person to wait in the car, now if it is a busy place for safety reasons you will lock the car while you go out with them in the car. Suppose they need to get out for whatever reason, with the normal locking I.e deadlock the inside handles will not work and the person will be trapped inside the car. But if you press the lock button twice the deadlock is disabled, and whoever is inside can open the doors with the handle. This does not apply to when the engine is on and the car moving.

The thule box looks fabulous, and is aerodynamic too. Had seen one yeti with it and thought it looked great.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 15:19   #1392
BHPian

Thank you.Apparently I cannot PM you as I am do not qualify as a BHPian yet.Wonder if you could at rameshrs@gmail.com.Regards
Old 4th June 2013, 17:18   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ITNerd,

A friend of mine bought a second hand Yeti and he got a Skoda original roof box (I think that is also Thule OE) along with it from the person he bought it from. He is not too keen on keeping it and may be interested in selling it at a good price. PM me if you are interested and I will send you his number.
What you will still need to buy is the LAS 630001 kit from Skoda India (which costs around 10,500 - which is the Transverse roof rails) on which you can fit the roof box.

Let's catch up sometime when you are in Gurgaon.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 19:40   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ITNerd,

A friend of mine bought a second hand Yeti and he got a Skoda original roof box (I think that is also Thule OE) along with it from the person he bought it from. He is not too keen on keeping it and may be interested in selling it at a good price. PM me if you are interested and I will send you his number.
What you will still need to buy is the LAS 630001 kit from Skoda India (which costs around 10,500 - which is the Transverse roof rails) on which you can fit the roof box.

Let's catch up sometime when you are in Gurgaon.

Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks. That just may be my way out! 85K is exorbitantly priced and can't see a value in buying it. I have PMed you. Yeah, looking forward to meeting all Gurgaon based BHPians in some meets.

I also got two qoutations of the roof rails from thule for my yeti:
Quote:
Base rack(Mandatory to install cargo box)
1.THULE FOOTPACK 775 - Rs.10500.00
2.THULE AEROBAR 869 - Rs.8000.00

the OEM LAS 630001 is priced similarly.. perhaps they are the same?
Old 4th June 2013, 20:02   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That just may be my way out! 85K is exorbitantly priced and can't see a value in buying it. I have PMed you. Yeah, looking forward to meeting all Gurgaon based BHPians in some meets.

I also got two qoutations of the roof rails from thule for my yeti:

the OEM LAS 630001 is priced similarly.. perhaps they are the same?
I have sent you the details of my friend. If you can get that, it will be best to get the Skoda roof bars. These are quite strong and with all locks etc included. They are different from the Thule footpacks and the locking mechanism is with studs on the roofrails. I also got the Skoda rails on which I fix a carrier when we go out of station.
You can find pics of both on Briskoda on the "definitive roor bar" thread.

Last edited by Behemoth : 4th June 2013 at 20:05.

Most Viewed