Team-BHP - Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/92207-skoda-yeti-review-price-pictures-94.html)

Need help\opinions from the Yeti experts. The Pune dealership is selling their test drive 4x4 Yeti for 10.50 lakhs, 2010 model, engine, suspension, turbo etc seems fine. All electronics work like they are supposed to. They will refurbish the vehicle before delivery. It has run approx 37k kms.
Please let me know if it's a good buy to consider. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 3142341)
Please let me know if it's a good buy to consider.

Test drive company vehicles are generally badly abused. Ask them to give you a 1 Lac kms/4 years extended warranty on the said vehicle. Then it might be worth considering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3142355)
Test drive company vehicles are generally badly abused. Ask them to give you a 1 Lac kms/4 years extended warranty on the said vehicle. Then it might be worth considering.

Thanks buddy, I did consider the "abuse" part of it, but it seems they have already refurbished the mechanical aspect, although the cosmetic part needs attention. They do have the 4yrs extended warranty on the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 3142341)
Need help\opinions from the Yeti experts. The Pune dealership is selling their test drive 4x4 Yeti for 10.50 lakhs, 2010 model, engine, suspension, turbo etc seems fine. All electronics work like they are supposed to. They will refurbish the vehicle before delivery. It has run approx 37k kms.

No chance, avoid it. A test drive vehicle done maybe 5k Kms is ok, but not this. Imagine 37k Kms of different people driving it hard knowing its someone else's car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3142432)
No chance, avoid it. A test drive vehicle done maybe 5k Kms is ok, but not this. Imagine 37k Kms of different people driving it hard knowing its someone else's car.

Even if they have refurbished it completely?

How complete is completely?

It is still going to be the same engine, gear box and basic mechanics.

At the very least, consider it as a second-hand, several not-careful owners, vehicle. If the offer competes when you think of it like this, then go for it.

I want to buy a low mileage 4x4 Yeti asap. till two year old cars the asking price i have seen is around 13-13.5L. I dont know if this is a good price to pay or not. What do these things sell for anyways cause i dont see any really being in demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 3142672)
I want to buy a low mileage 4x4 Yeti asap. till two year old cars the asking price i have seen is around 13-13.5L. I dont know if this is a good price to pay or not. What do these things sell for anyways cause i dont see any really being in demand.

It's a real pain finding one sir, and the asking prices are not that low. We picked up a 2012 car done 6k Kms for 14.8l. Considering a new car is 22l on road Mumbai a 7l dep for the first year seemed fine and we picked it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 3142441)
Even if they have refurbished it completely?

Thats just not possible lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 3142360)

Thanks buddy, I did consider the "abuse" part of it, but it seems they have already refurbished the mechanical aspect, although the cosmetic part needs attention. They do have the 4yrs extended warranty on the vehicle.

If they are giving you the 4 years warranty starting from now onwards, on this vehicle and if they have also refurbished it properly, and serviced it properly as well, it is worth considering since the price is around 50% off.
If you desire a Yeti badly and if you have a tight budget, then why not buy this and save some cash?
I see no harm, provided you go and have the vehicle checked out thoroughly at another dealerships workshop by an expert mechanic.

Like this, a while back in Cochin the Volvo dealer was planning to sell a test drive S80 top spec model. The on road price for that vehicle was around 43 odd lacs. They were asking 27 lacs for it. Again this seemed a worthwhile buy because they would service it thoroughly and refurbish it and give it to the consumer. Believe me that vehicle was in excellent nick indeed because I was one of those who test drove it. Beautifully maintained by the dealer and well looked after. Worth it in my book.

Bottom-line, if you get it thoroughly checked out and are satisfied in all respects, then it is a good saving and hence to me, a good buy. Only, try and pay full cash for it rather than take a loan or if you absolutely must, then take a smaller loan so you can finish it off fast. If you buy it you should plan to keep the vehicle for around 7 years and then sell it off for a decent price because by that time it would have bottomed out in terms of resale value and you would have, over this period, been able to extract maximum value and bang for the buck from this purchase!

Quote:

Not sure if my question is valid, but since this is a test vehicle, does the parent company allow the dealer to sell it to customers? Won't the parent company take the vehicle back as it is only a 'test' vehicle and not for sale? I am a little sceptic about the dealer trying to sell you such a vehicle. Again, I don't know what usually happens to test vehicles hence the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 3131236)
Any idea what kind of deals and discounts are available for the yeti nowadays.

Have been offered 2013 elegance at 1.2L (marikar motors,kochi) off and almost taking the plunge. OTR without shield 21.25L

Has anyone noticed the Bridgestone ads with Yeti? Maybe Skoda is finally listening to complaints and is switching tracks.

Can one claim tyre replacement under warranty if the wear and tear seems excessive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 (Post 3150885)
Has anyone noticed the Bridgestone ads with Yeti? Maybe Skoda is finally listening to complaints and is switching tracks.

Can one claim tyre replacement under warranty if the wear and tear seems excessive?

Yes. Actually the Ad opens with Yeti. Hope they are switching to better boots of Yeti.

Typically Tire manufactures give a separate warranty under which only the manufacturing defects are covered. I wonder if it's possible to call excessive wear as the same. They will probably claim as an effect of normal use.

Skoda got us a sad set of Tires.. we just have to replace it with right once when the time is right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n (Post 3142981)
Not sure if my question is valid, but since this is a test vehicle, does the parent company allow the dealer to sell it to customers? Won't the parent company take the vehicle back as it is only a 'test' vehicle and not for sale? I am a little sceptic about the dealer trying to sell you such a vehicle. Again, I don't know what usually happens to test vehicles hence the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milu2fast (Post 3143208)

Have been offered 2013 elegance at 1.2L (marikar motors,kochi) off and almost taking the plunge. OTR without shield 21.25L

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 (Post 3150885)

1. Yes of course the dealer demo vehicles can be sold to consumers. However this fact has to be made absolutely clear at the time so that the consumer is never under the erroneous impression that this is a showroom fresh, brand new vehicle. Selling Dealer Demo vehicles is an accepted practice world over and typically, these vehicles should go for a good 30-35% cheaper or more, depending on the age of the vehicle. Again, typically these vehicles get sold off within 2 or so years of their being used as a Demo vehicle.

2. 21.25 lacs seems reasonable. I believe you should definitely buy the Skoda Shield Extended Warranty. It is well worth it and I heartily recommend that you buy it.

3. I am really pleased if Bridgestone is indeed going to release tyres in the Yeti spec. I have used Bridgestones in three or four cars previously and always found them to be strong, no-nonsense, tough, durable and ideally suited to Indian road conditions. Maybe they don't have the finesse of a Pirelli or a Michelin, but then, neither do our typical Bangalore roads, so I guess we are even! Ref Tyre replacement, as I understand it, only Falken Tyres offers such a facility, road damage package or something. I saw this in an ad in the latest 'What Car?' Magazine.

21.25 lacs seems reasonable. I believe you should definitely buy the Skoda Shield Extended Warranty. It is well worth it and I heartily recommend that you buy it.
Bought it and upgrading to shield at next insure renewal,have confirmed it with the dealer and it can be done at that time. And YETI is awesome

Name:  ForumRunner_20130616_141445.png
Views: 1019
Size:  836.4 KB