Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 14:03   #1471
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
I feel charging 25 lks for a car that costs about 20lks abroad is daylight robbery. How can Toyota India justify commanding such a premium from its customers?
Plus the Fortuner is leagues behind any euro car in refinement and material quality. I for one will gladly compromise on the offroad competence as in any case the Yeti is competent enough
Just my POV
I agree with this POV completely. The T FORT costs 18 lacs in Thailand and other countries. Why on earth should one pay 29 or 30 lacs for this in India?
And yes, the refinement levels leave quite a bit to be desired. The world does not live on a reputation of reliability and off-road capability alone. There are other things too which matter, such as refinement, finesse, plushness, quality of fixtures and fittings, fair pricing etc.

Basically, before the Toyota Fans get angry, I should probably say that I probably do NOT conform to the profile of the typical target Indian Toyota customer and hence this vehemence.

Also, I prefer my first generation Yeti's looks over this new face-lifted one somehow.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:20   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Also, I prefer my first generation Yeti's looks over this new face-lifted one somehow.
I think so too. The Yeti is such a pleasure to drive. I have driven it for eleven and a half hours (with P&T breaks) and it was still a pleasure. Half of my daily commute has recently become a first gear or first gear with clutch business with bike wallahs on either side on bad days and yet it's drivability is superb.

It was superb at 2700 rpm in the sixth gear too.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:23   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT to what is being discussed here right now, but I absolutely detest all the latest Skoda's designs. They are just plain and bland and going down the Audi route to uncharacterful looking cars.

I will miss their old stuff and some of what they still offer :(
Old 14th August 2013, 20:34   #1474
BANNED

The outdoor version looks a bit better, but I'd kill for that Jungle green colour in any car, too bad no company is offering this color, and it is even highly possible that even the Yeti in India doesn't get this color
Old 14th August 2013, 22:37   #1475
Distinguished - BHPian

I hate this version/edition thing based on purely superficial stuff.
Old 14th August 2013, 22:52   #1476
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The outdoor version looks a bit better, but I'd kill for that Jungle green colour in any car, too bad no company is offering this color, and it is even highly possible that even the Yeti in India doesn't get this color
The Jungle Green, Turf Green and other similar shades do not generally do well in India because the general public's taste runs more in the direction of blingy, showy and bright shades. You will find many cars available in varying shades of forest green and grey and so on in the developed markets where there is a taste for more muted, understated colours, but not here. The Yeti in Europe comes in some nice colours - Dark Green, Dark Blue, Gunmetal Grey etc, none of which are available here, more is the pity! I would have plumped for the Dark Forest Green colour any day of the week had I had the option.

If you cast your mind back to the early generation Scorpio it came in a lovely Turf Green until around 2007 when it was discontinued. I had a Bolero which I bought in 2005, in that same Dark Turf Green, which subsequently got discontinued. Truly, I wish these manufacturers would cater at least a little, to the tastes of some of us 'slightly understated' sort of people who like these natural colours which we can use to blend in to our surroundings especially when buzzing about amidst nature, like in the hills or in sanctuaries etc.
Old 15th August 2013, 09:12   #1477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

The Jungle Green, Turf Green and other similar shades do not generally do well in India because the general public's taste runs more in the direction of blingy, showy and bright shades. You will find many cars available in varying shades of forest green and grey and so on in the developed markets where there is a taste for more muted, understated colours, but not here. The Yeti in Europe comes in some nice colours. I would have plumped for the Dark Forest Green colour any day of the week had I had the option.

If you cast your mind back to the early generation Scorpio it came in a lovely Turf Green until around 2007 when it was discontinued. I had a Bolero which I bought in 2005, in that same Dark Turf Green, which subsequently got discontinued. Truly, I wish these manufacturers would cater at least a little, to the tastes of some of us 'slightly understated' sort of people who like these natural colours
Completely agreed, another example would be the XUV, the Amazon green was launched initially,but now has been discontinued, and replaced by an Icy Blue.
But I must say that the XUV was more black than green, it was so dark, it was difficult to recognise the green color. But the color in the Yeti is spot on.
My Dad likes this forest green color so bad, he says he would buy just about any SUV if it comes in that color. Too bad,there aren't any anymore.
Old 15th August 2013, 10:01   #1478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Completely agreed, another example would be the XUV, the Amazon green was launched initially,but now has been discontinued, and replaced by an Icy Blue.
But I must say that the XUV was more black than green, it was so dark, it was difficult to recognise the green color. But the color in the Yeti is spot on.
My Dad likes this forest green color so bad, he says he would buy just about any SUV if it comes in that color. Too bad,there aren't any anymore.
Yes I liked that Amazon Green. And No, it was not really near black. It had a clear metallic-ish tinge but it was most certainly a shade of dark green with some gold-ish flecks in it.
Old 15th August 2013, 12:26   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
To add insult to injury, they market this superficial crap as "All New!".
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 13:01   #1480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don’t see anything wrong in having variants to cater different customer tastes. Some buyers may prefer the rugged look provided by the black cladding and add-ons, whereas others may like the softer City version. Many other manufacturers follow this route or providing different trim-levels, especially the Germans (e.g.; BMW’s Sportsline, Luxury etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
To add insult to injury, they market this superficial crap as "All New!".
Superficial crap – Can you please care to explain this?
From what I understand, this is a proper mid-life facelift with some extensive changes in the styling/design. Along with this, there are interior changes like new steering, dashboard trim, and a few more. Whether it is ‘All new’ or not, the update looks to be a substantial one.
Old 15th August 2013, 14:28   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday in the crowded Jamia road T-point, a new Swift coming towards the intersection bumped my yeti from the side (rear wheel and bumper). As it was crowded, the speed was pretty low but I clearly felt the push/bump. And I was scared that there was significant damage. Both the cars stopped at the side to inspect the damage. Luckily the yeti didn't suffer any visible dents or damage.The swift bumper had hit the rear alloy and the plastic wheel arc as I can clearly see the thin dark grey paint layer in my alloy. And they came out easily like peeling off sun film from glass. On the other hand, the swift had a broken front bumper and fog lamp came out. Overzealous two teens were driving it. They learnt a bitter lesson - 'Never mess with the Yeti'. I knew it was well built, but this incident assured me it is rather overly and robustly built for abuse

Last edited by iTNerd : 15th August 2013 at 14:31.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 08:13   #1482
BHPian

A friend has started CB Radio network in Patna. It's still in a very nascent stage, but its a start. How can one use the Bolero unit with a cb radio network?
Old 18th August 2013, 15:35   #1483
sud
BHPian

Hi Team,
I am planning to book Yeti 4x4 Elegance in September. Any of you know the recent discounts going on for 4x4 Elegance model in Bangalore? Also any contacts with Tafe or Vinayank (Bangalore) would be appreciated. Will there be any facelift going to be soon launched in India. I can wait for it if it is going to be in next 3 months.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th August 2013, 18:15   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Hi Team,
I am planning to book Yeti 4x4 Elegance in September. Any of you know the recent discounts going on for 4x4 Elegance model in Bangalore? Also any contacts with Tafe or Vinayank (Bangalore) would be appreciated. Will there be any facelift going to be soon launched in India. I can wait for it if it is going to be in next 3 months.

Thanks in advance.
Call Vinayak Skoda and ask for Mr.Hemanth Kumar, GM of sales.Tell him you were referred by me (Suhas, the guy who bought a Rapid recently, ). You should be able to get atleast 1L off. Don't know when the skoda yeti facelift is going to be launched though there are pics of the facelift on the forum.
Old 18th August 2013, 18:28   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Hi Team,

Thanks in advance.
I can check with Praveen from TAFE too, we should be able to get a mouth watering deal on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks