Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 06:59   #1066
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreephadnis View Post
Did you do the upgrades yourself or through the dealer?
Every bit was installed by the A.S.S. center of Vinayaka Skoda except of course for the sourcing of parts which were procured from skodaparts.co.uk (auto headlamp switch) and carsystems.pl (9w7 BT). However since they had not carried out a similar installation before, I had the service adviser speak to @Sunilrj for procedural reference. But they did provide me with an itemized bill for the tasks carried out including explicitly stating VAS coding for the features enabled.

So everything is now on official records and all retrofits were officially undertaken by an authorized service center of skoda India. I dont know if that would be an adequate safeguard of my extended warranty should something were to go wrong in future, but surely it does lend me peace of mind for the time being.
xplorauto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 11:06   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
Every bit was installed by the A.S.S. center of Vinayaka Skoda
That is indeed surprising and encouraging at the same time. That a ASC fitted outside procured parts without hassles is a right step. Could you elaborate the service cost they charged you for fitting these parts and for VAG coding?

Also does fitting the bluetooth module require fitting of any microphone of some sort?

Last edited by dkaile : 30th October 2012 at 11:10.
Old 30th October 2012, 12:30   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
That is indeed surprising and encouraging at the same time. That a ASC fitted outside procured parts without hassles is a right step. Could you elaborate the service cost they charged you for fitting these parts and for VAG coding?

Also does fitting the bluetooth module require fitting of any microphone of some sort?
Yes!!! pleasantly surprised indeed. I do not know if it was a generous gesture on the part of Vinayaka Cars here in Bangalore, or a "Kizashi" for Skoda India at large. @Sunilrj, with whom I keep chatting a lot, tells me that Mr. Rao and his leadership team are working hard to get the A.S.S of Skoda India in order. This, on a different context has been echoed by someone high up at Vinayaka cars as well. He said that the drive on customer service satisfaction is such that there is a mandate from the Skoda India leadership to the effect that they would be okay if a dealer does not meet sales targets but credible complaints from unsatisfied customers would lead to serious penalties on them.

But having said that, I believe we should exercise restraint when working with the A.S.S executives and not try to be pushy with them and claim such 'favours' as our right. I largely adopt a more of a 'help me' approach rather than an 'or else' method..

On the installation part, they did charge me for it. If I remember right, it was about 1000 bucks for the VAS coding and 1500 for BT install. The BT requires a mic to be installed in the driver roof light bay. Its quite a painstaking process and again was done with extreme care by the service staff. I was so pleased to see them wearing anti-static / anti-stain gloves and use the right tools for the work. In the end, there was no chip mark, no scratches and nothing at all to complain about.
xplorauto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 12:59   #1069
BHPian

Thanks Xplorauto! I seem to have become the unofficial Skoda India Toll Free, On road Assistance, customer Care and Technical Expert! Just done with guiding BT + Auto Lamp fitments + Wheel Arch Fitments for 5 Yeti's of guys i dont even know and are not even on T-bhp! They Just said a Friend from Skoda Gave me your Number! . Now Got to find out who this 'friend' from Skoda Is and Claim Consultancy Fees from him
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 14:39   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto

On the installation part, they did charge me for it. If I remember right, it was about 1000 bucks for the VAS coding and 1500 for BT install. The BT requires a mic to be installed in the driver roof light bay. Its quite a painstaking process and again was done with extreme care by the service staff. I was so pleased to see them wearing anti-static / anti-stain gloves and use the right tools for the work. In the end, there was no chip mark, no scratches and nothing at all to complain about.
This is why I am so afraid to get the Bluetooth installation done. We have a new dealer in Patna and they have sold a grand total,of 3 Yetis with mine being the only Elegance version. They have hardly done any maintenance work on the Yeti.

I think I will stick to a standard market Bluetooth while they gain some experience.
Old 30th October 2012, 16:35   #1071
BHPian

Is the massive discounts on 4X2 Active are over? I just got a quote from TAFE Bangalore with just 40K discount on 4X2 active. He says they have a waiting period of 4 months for both 4X2 variants. He is ready for 1.5 Lakh discount on 4X4 Elegance.
Old 30th October 2012, 18:04   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
Every bit was installed by the A.S.S. center of Vinayaka Skoda except of course for the sourcing of parts which were procured from skodaparts.co.uk (auto headlamp switch) and carsystems.pl (9w7 BT).
So everything is now on official records and all retrofits were officially undertaken by an authorized service center of skoda India. I dont know if that would be an adequate safeguard of my extended warranty should something were to go wrong in future, but surely it does lend me peace of mind for the time being.
Good to see the trend with dealers being open to fitting OE parts sourced from outside, and even SIAPL stating that the dealers are bound to do so. I had the following fitted by the dealer: Wheel Arch Kit, "Sport" pedal kit, MDI for iPod, Exhaust tips, Door Sill whatever-its-called. Dealer has also promised to help with the installation of the following when they arrive later this week: BT Kit, Auto Headlamp Switch.

Wih more and more installs, SIAPL and the dealers will hopefully get used to this phenomenon and they may even start stocking accessories one of these days.
Old 30th October 2012, 19:57   #1073
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Is the massive discounts on 4X2 Active are over? I just got a quote from TAFE Bangalore with just 40K discount on 4X2 active. He says they have a waiting period of 4 months for both 4X2 variants. He is ready for 1.5 Lakh discount on 4X4 Elegance.
Yes, the 2L discount on the Active is over, but might be back around December.
Waiting period of 4 months? wow! seriously? That may have something to do with the fact that the Active variants are in short supply rather than them selling well.
Old 31st October 2012, 06:10   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Just give me a Buzz/send me a private message and i will work out a good deal for you on the 4X4 Ambition or 4X4 Elegance. (both will be Silver) if you do not have a particular colour choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Good to see the trend with dealers being open to fitting OE parts sourced from outside, and even SIAPL stating that the dealers are bound to do so. I had the following fitted by the dealer: Wheel Arch Kit, "Sport" pedal kit, MDI for iPod, Exhaust tips, Door Sill whatever-its-called. Dealer has also promised to help with the installation of the following when they arrive later this week: BT Kit, Auto Headlamp Switch.

Wih more and more installs, SIAPL and the dealers will hopefully get used to this phenomenon and they may even start stocking accessories one of these days.
Things are Changing at Skoda. Though Dealers are becoming Pro-active and going ahead with the fitment, they show the fitments as 'General repairs' in Most cases, or 'fitment on insistence of Customer' which in other way means ' we are in no way involved in giving ideas and not responsible for any unpleasant after effects'. this needs to change. Have been Invited for a One to One Discussion with the Higher ups in Skoda who will be visiitng Mangalore soon. will get all answers from them, regarding this issue, and enquire on the possibility of providing India warranty on Genuine parts sourced from Abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Yes, the 2L discount on the Active is over, but might be back around December.
Waiting period of 4 months? wow! seriously? That may have something to do with the fact that the Active variants are in short supply rather than them selling well.
The PAL-FIAT Excise duty case decided by the Hon'ble Supreme Court is being applied to other manufacturers who have been importing their kits and selling them here with masisve discounts. 2013 may be a Year where massive discounts go off and 25-50K discounts become the Norm
Old 31st October 2012, 08:16   #1075

[quote="Sunilrj"]

Just give me a Buzz/send me a private message and i will work out a good deal for you on the 4X4 Ambition or 4X4 Elegance. (both will be Silver) if you do not have a particular colour choice.

I am looking to buy a Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance but the Skoda dealer working in our area says that Skoda has no more stocks of the Yeti.

If you can get me a good deal for this I would really grateful.

You can reach me on mobile no. +91-8107525252.

Best Wishes!

Vinay
Old 31st October 2012, 09:27   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Thanks Sunil! But my requirement was 4X2 active. This was mainly because I don't do any off-road and moreover my budget is at the 15 Lakhs range. 4X4 will bring the budget way more than that level. That's why I thought 4X2 Active will best suit my requirement. But one thing I cannot digest is the waiting period. If 4 months is the waiting period, is the monthly production something in the range of 50s? Or really the Yeti sales have gone to 300s per month?
Old 31st October 2012, 09:58   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011 View Post

I am looking to buy a Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance but the Skoda dealer working in our area says that Skoda has no more stocks of the Yeti.

If you can get me a good deal for this I would really grateful.

You can reach me on mobile no. +91-8107525252.

Best Wishes!

Vinay
Hi Vinay.

I can Arrange for a Yeti Elegance silver for you. but you would have to take delivery in Mangalore, do a Temp registration and drive it back to Udaipur.

Quote:
Thanks Sunil! But my requirement was 4X2 active. This was mainly because I don't do any off-road and moreover my budget is at the 15 Lakhs range. 4X4 will bring the budget way more than that level. That's why I thought 4X2 Active will best suit my requirement. But one thing I cannot digest is the waiting period. If 4 months is the waiting period, is the monthly production something in the range of 50s? Or really the Yeti sales have gone to 300s per month?
The waiting Period is because Yeti is Imported as a CKD and then re-built here. it is not manufactured locally. so the Kits have to be imported from Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic, re-assembled, Tested, Checked and then sent for a sale. thats why the Time lag. and since the MY13 Models were anticipated, Skoda India must have gone slow on the Imports resulting in a shortage. further they could have also miscalculated the demand that could arise, as it happened in September. 4X2 was a slow Mover and Skoda brought in the 12.99 Lakhs Offer. the Machines Moved like hot cakes. in fact the Yeti did about 264 units in September and had a consistent run of about 75-100 in the Previous Months.

even though you dont do offroading and your budget is 15lks, you can reconsider since the luxury of the higher end variants is something that you should not miss! infact a friend of mine who was harping on a 4X2 Active, upgraded and went in for an Ambition after just sitting and experiencing the car for about 15 minutes.

Anish in case you really want delivery by 5th of November i may be able to get you one. you need to send me your contact details to my mail id: sunilrufus@gmail.com

and a personal Milestone is Just being Crossed. 500 Posts by me on this forum!

PS: Am no where connected to Skoda or Any of their Dealers. Am a practising Chartered Accountant and because of my rapport with the SAIPL team on account of a few retrofitment questions i can put in a word here and there and get things done. this is not a commercial Solicitation

Last edited by Sunilrj : 31st October 2012 at 10:24.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:52   #1078
BHPian

I have been following up for buying a Yeti 4x4 in Chennai. But I am being told that there are no vehicles available and the dealer is also not willing to take a booking.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:58   #1079
AAK

Recently I managed to overspeed on a hump and for my surprise, the wipers started momentarily like we see in the rally cars!
Can anyone confirm this is an inbuilt feature?

Old 31st October 2012, 13:52   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee View Post
I have been following up for buying a Yeti 4x4 in Chennai. But I am being told that there are no vehicles available and the dealer is also not willing to take a booking.
That could be because the Yeti is due for a facelift pretty soon.The dealer cannot place order for a new vehicle since production would have ceased!!

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks