Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 13:59   #1081
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
That could be because the Yeti is due for a facelift pretty soon.The dealer cannot place order for a new vehicle since production would have ceased!!

Regards
Though the dealer could not (or rather would not) confirm, he guessed a modified model is on the anvil pretty soon. Hope they come out with an Automatic.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:04   #1082
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That could be because the Yeti is due for a facelift pretty soon.The dealer cannot place order for a new vehicle since production would have ceased!!
Do we have any concrete news on the facelift/update? I did not see much on the international media. Or is it that, Skoda is going to refresh the range in India – with DSG, different engine options etc.?
Old 31st October 2012, 14:10   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Do we have any concrete news on the facelift/update? I did not see much on the international media. Or is it that, Skoda is going to refresh the range in India – with DSG, different engine options etc.?
I have no contacts at Skoda India(as for that matter anywhere else )but some people here in this forum have reported that the Yeti is getting a facelift along with a DSG equipped variant!!I'm just quoting them.Apologies if it was wrong.

Regards
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 14:40   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
I have no contacts at Skoda India(as for that matter anywhere else )but some people here in this forum have reported that the Yeti is getting a facelift along with a DSG equipped variant!!I'm just quoting them.Apologies if it was wrong.

Regards
As per My Contacts there is NO facelift expected. the MY13 Models of Ambition are out and there is no change.

DSG/Automatic is a possibility, but then considering the Pricing it could go closer to a Superb. another Possibility is a DSG with L&K trims. These are mere speculations though as of now as everyone is tight lipped
Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 14:46   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
As per My Contacts there is NO facelift expected. the MY13 Models of Ambition are out and there is no change.

DSG/Automatic is a possibility, but then considering the Pricing it could go closer to a Superb. another Possibility is a DSG with L&K trims. These are mere speculations though as of now as everyone is tight lipped
This is exactly what I have heard too from my sources. There are only minor changes in the MY2013 (post May 2012 kits from the factory) and no major changes.
The L&K with DSG is on the anvil and is imminent, though Skoda themselves are very unsure of the sales volumes that they will be able to garner from this version as ex-showroom price would 18L +.
One more additional variant being planned is the Yeti with 1.6 TDI, which will share its engine with the Rapid and and will slot in at an even lower price point than the current 4x2 110 bhp Ambition to compete against the Duster.
More information on these should be out by second week of November.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 18:56   #1086
BHPian

Has any one used side decals on the Yeti? I am thinking of it as some kind soul has seen fit to scratch my car with a sharp object while it was parked on a road side. Painting cost per door will come to around 5000 each but it can be scratched again.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:21   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

Can the spare (steel wheel) be changed with alloy? Will it foul or create irritating noise because of its size? Has anyone done the conversion?

Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 21:52   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I applied some oil in all the four underlying beading enclosing the glass and the irritating squeaks on rough roads have vanished. This was suggested by the Skoda salesman when I complained. The only squeaks left are the ones coming from the chrome rings on the dials/odometer intermittently. I have not yet oiled them, but will do on next time.

Quote:
Can the spare (steel wheel) be changed with alloy? Will it foul or create irritating noise because of its size? Has anyone done the conversion?
I have full sized tyres fitted on the spare/steel wheel and it fits the rear just as fine, albiet an inch rise.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 16:32   #1089
BHPian

Bad News : In a bold move Skoda Auto India announces cutback in the discounts offered on its domestic fleet

Source: http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...et-118958.html

Also Quoted Here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2948945

and On My Yeti Ownership Thread!
Old 1st November 2012, 23:29   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Justifying the company's move, Rao further said, "Ever after reducing discounts across all our cars, we have managed to consistently increase sales, which have proved our point till now. We have enjoyed customers' confidence and would decide our future strategy after assessing the performance during the festive period."
:O

Isn't it the discounts that actually helped push the numbers up? The customers' confidence is just on the rise - thanks to Skoda's recent stance on service front - but isn't it too early to start basking on it?

Well, there's a ray of hope as Mr.Rao would decide their future strategy "after assessing the performance during the festive period". People, now it's all in your hands!
Old 4th November 2012, 11:03   #1091
BHPian

I have a question. What happens if the number the dealer gave you is not fully processed by the department for the month the allotment is valid?

I happened to be in Alankar Motors taking delivery of my repainted Swift when a Sx4 owner walked in. He had been out of town for a year and was still running on the temporary papers provided by his dealer. He wanted to claim insurance for some work. He was told that since the registration certificate was in fact a permit for him to ply his vehicle on the roads he could not claim insurance in its absence. Fortunately for him the amount involved was small and he got the job done.

In my case I had taken delivery of my Yeti on the 4 th of last month. So if the temp papers are valid for one month only does it mean that in case I need to claim insurance before the registration is completed now I will not be able to do so? It seems effectively I am without insurance cover now. Please help.
Old 4th November 2012, 18:50   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
The only squeaks left are the ones coming from the chrome rings on the dials/odometer intermittently. I have not yet oiled them, but will do on next time.
It seems to come from the chrome rings, but its actually plastic-on-plastic squeaks between the hood of the instrument console and the two pods that house each of the meters. I've solved it by stuffing a bit of black a/c duct insulation material between the pods and the instrument console hood - works perfectly and is not visible.

PS: I had initially thought it was the chrome ring too.
Old 9th November 2012, 09:57   #1093
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

The Car has done 1,900 kms. No rattles or squeaks to speak of. Is a gem to drive & overtakes anything & everything if asked for.

Would want opinion on few things -

Brakes lack bite initially. The Car comes to a complete stop w/o any drama, but believe the initial 25% of pedal movement doesn't really slow the Car. Is it the same across?

I hadn't really driven this Car much & my cousin used to complain about the Car stalling time & again. I feared the worst & all horror stories fogged my vision. I drove & it didn't stall, not even once.

I believe the Car stalls because most used to driving the diesels, usually stick to 2nd in crawl mode & usually in a higher gear than required on most occasions. I religiously, always snick the gear which is demanded from the drive-train, especially when slowing down. And yes, I do blip as well.

I found the ride to be harder than my Figo. I think the air pressure is inflated, still. Shall check & revert back. A 400km drive is pending.

It is a super cruiser. Does 80 @ 1,400rpm IIRC. Now what I wish to know is, what would the ideal rpm to be stuck to maximize FE while cruising.

Yes, there is more to life than KMPL, but sometimes, you are forced to drive at speeds which the conditions demand & would really (like to) exploit it for economy.

When conditions are favorable, KMPH gets replaced by MPH
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 15:35   #1094
BHPian

Hi Sheel congrats on your car. Which colour is it?

Have you visited the Mahananda sanctuary near Siliguri?
Old 11th November 2012, 12:16   #1095
BHPian

The fog lamps in the Yeti give out white light. How effective are these in dense fog? I was under the impression that yellow lights are more effective. If so, what can we do about it? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks