Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:48   #1546
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th.
Congrats on the new ride. And if I may ask, where is that temple? Never seen a temple in Bangalore with so much open space and where a vehicle can go in! Hence the curiosity!
On a different would also like to know your thoughts on Zen to Yeti. Its a car which opens more hearts in terms of what it has to offer.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd December 2013 at 07:50.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:51   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Congrats on the new ride. And if I may ask, where is that temple? Never seen a temple in Bangalore with so much open space and where a vehicle can go in! Hence the curiosity!
On a different would also like to know your thoughts on Zen to Yeti. Its a car which opens more hearts in terms of what it has to offer.
Ampere, thanks for the wishes. The initial report is pending on me, and I shall detail the thoughts. The place in picture is of ganesha temple near Jp nagar 8th phase. Precisely at kothanur dinne.
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:16   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th.
A complete and new ownership review is pending on my side, to explain how I jumped from ZEN to YETI, with 4 yrs and 4 cars in between to realize the dream.
Harish, How much discount you were able to negotiate? What was the OTR and which showroom?
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:25   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Harish, How much discount you were able to negotiate? What was the OTR and which showroom?
Good Q. I'm keen to know as well. From the photos it looks like Harish took his Yeti from Tafe.

I strolled into Vinayak Cars last weekend and without hard negotiations, discount on Elegance 4x4 was (only) 1 lakh rupees. My guess is to wait for Mar/Apr 2014 and 2013 Yeti stocks will start featuring much deeper discounts.

Last edited by k_ajay : 3rd December 2013 at 16:26.
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:46   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Good Q. I'm keen to know as well. From the photos it looks like Harish took his Yeti from Tafe.
Congrats Harish, awesome choice of going for the elegance trim.

Looks like the Vinayak showroom near Mekhri Circle.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:17   #1551
BHPian

Quote:

I strolled into Vinayak Cars last weekend and without hard negotiations, discount on Elegance 4x4 was (only) 1 lakh rupees. My guess is to wait for Mar/Apr 2014 and 2013 Yeti stocks will start featuring much deeper discounts.
I wish so .... But they claim such scenario will not arise since they are not keeping any stocks at dealers. All new bookings will get assembled on order.
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:36   #1552
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Naveen, in November the maximum discount I received was 90k on Elegance. They were ready to give 1.3 lacs on active 4x2 trim for a specific vehicle. The silver color was in demand and I had to wait for 2 weeks for silver. I will put all details in my official review soon.

Dear Ajay,
Yeti stocks with dealers are very lean. SKODA has almost exhausted all 4x4 kits for this quarter(except for few white ones). The situation on discounts may be different than what we saw last year (in December 2012 I was given 1.6 lacs discount on Elegance trim, but I didn't buy then).
The car I purchased was baked in September of this year and that's the most recent I could get.
Dealer was vinayaka skoda. A blissful experience so far.
Old 4th December 2013, 11:52   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish so .... But they claim such scenario will not arise since they are not keeping any stocks at dealers. All new bookings will get assembled on order.
Quote:
Dear Naveen, in November the maximum discount I received was 90k on Elegance. They were ready to give 1.3 lacs on active 4x2 trim for a specific vehicle. The silver color was in demand and I had to wait for 2 weeks for silver. I will put all details in my official review soon.

Dear Ajay,
Yeti stocks with dealers are very lean. SKODA has almost exhausted all 4x4 kits for this quarter(except for few white ones). The situation on discounts may be different than what we saw last year (in December 2012 I was given 1.6 lacs discount on Elegance trim, but I didn't buy then).
The car I purchased was baked in September of this year and that's the most recent I could get.
Dealer was vinayaka skoda. A blissful experience so far.
Gee! If that's how it's going to be, then i'm probably not going to get lucky to own one. Lakh rupees or lesser discount won't help me buy nor help Vinayak get 1 more sale. Sad!
Old 4th December 2013, 14:17   #1554
BHPian

Quote:

Gee! If that's how it's going to be, then i'm probably not going to get lucky to own one. Lakh rupees or lesser discount won't help me buy nor help Vinayak get 1 more sale. Sad!
Ajay... If you really like the car for what it offers and planning to partner for years, 10 or 20k may not matter much in a long run... Especially, when you are mentally prepared to spend 20+lacs. Anyways, This is my personal opinion.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:00   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay... If you really like the car for what it offers and planning to partner for years, 10 or 20k may not matter much in a long run... Especially, when you are mentally prepared to spend 20+lacs. Anyways, This is my personal opinion.
I agree but 20 lakhs itself is pushing myself to the brim financially. Only because of the vehicle being capable and secure, I am considering it (of course driving pleasure and all that, but such big ticket expenses also need to be explained to family and justifiable for myself, specially when I have to plan finances for my 2+ daughter).

I was mentally preparing to see at least 2.25 - 2.5 lakhs discount when the new Yeti comes in + taking a 2013 stock elegance. My friend got a hefty 1.5 lakhs discount on an Ambition model last year. Lot of other b'lore members also got deep discounts on their Yeti, on which I based I would get deep discount too. From the posts here, looks like such discounts won't come by? :/

When the time comes, I shall see. If it was 20-30K matter, i wouldn't even bother writing about it. But it's lakhs and such things need to be considered, whether matter of the head or heart.
Old 4th December 2013, 21:01   #1556
BHPian

I am in Siliguri for a day. The Yeti was awesome. The mfd showed 15.9 km/ l even though I was maintaining an average speed of 110km/ hr. So take away 10% for the true figure and it's still impressive. If the West Bengal govt hadn't charged rs40 for pitted/ non existent road surfaces near Siliguri I think I would have done even better. Now for the sad part. Yesterday as my son was finishing off waxing the car he noticed the left headlight was wobbling a little. I called up the SA and he kindly arranged a nearby mechanic to attend to the car. He said the bracket next to the fog lamp is broken and the entire headlight assembly would have to be replaced at my cost. I called up the SA and he said Skoda will not pay for breakages. I said check the car for signs of accidents and if there are none how is it my fault. He said we will send Skoda a picture to prove our point, so I took a picture of his mechanic standing next to my car to show there was no damage as on date. He said there is no problem in your going out, we will take care of it once you come back. So now when I go back I hope Skoda can do the needful as for the life of me I cannot understand how it could have happened because of me.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 4th December 2013 at 21:23.
Old 4th December 2013, 21:12   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree but 20 lakhs itself is pushing myself to the brim financially. Only because of the vehicle being capable and secure, I am considering it (of course driving pleasure and all that, but such big ticket expenses also need to be explained to family and justifiable for myself, specially when I have to plan finances for my 2+ daughter).

I was mentally preparing to see at least 2.25 - 2.5 lakhs discount when the new Yeti comes in + taking a 2013 stock elegance. My friend got a hefty 1.5 lakhs discount on an Ambition model last year. Lot of other b'lore members also got deep discounts on their Yeti, on which I based I would get deep discount too. From the posts here, looks like such discounts won't come by? :/

When the time comes, I shall see. If it was 20-30K matter, i wouldn't even bother writing about it. But it's lakhs and such things need to be considered, whether matter of the head or heart.
I think you should try out early next year. I got mine (elegance 4x4) for 17.5 lacs onroad after 2.5 lacs discount in June 2012. The price is of NCR, but I am sure, there will be big discount at the appropriate time there too.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 21:51   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I think you should try out early next year. I got mine (elegance 4x4) for 17.5 lacs onroad after 2.5 lacs discount in June 2012. The price is of NCR, but I am sure, there will be big discount at the appropriate time there too.
Hi ItNerd,

That's the kind of discount I'm expecting. Not trying to be greedy but probably even a little more, because when the new Yeti comes, I'm anticipating demand for the old one will go away (unless there are more people out there who'd prefer the existing build quality, MT and older stock, which, I hope doesn't happen ).

Sad thing is even after an assumptive 3 lakhs discount (which I highly doubt), in Bangalore, I'll have to pay more than 20.7 lakhs (all inclusive on-road, including something called Drive Assure).

In B'lore, the 4x4 Elegance will mostly never be available at 17.5 even in anyone's dream. Road tax is high even there.

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th December 2013 at 21:54.
Old 4th December 2013, 22:26   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Quote:

Hi ItNerd,

That's the kind of discount I'm expecting. Not trying to be greedy but probably even a little more, because when the new Yeti comes, I'm anticipating demand for the old one will go away (unless there are more people out there who'd prefer the existing build quality, MT and older stock, which, I hope doesn't happen ).

Sad thing is even after an assumptive 3 lakhs discount (which I highly doubt), in Bangalore, I'll have to pay more than 20.7 lakhs (all inclusive on-road, including something called Drive Assure).

In B'lore, the 4x4 Elegance will mostly never be available at 17.5 even in anyone's dream. Road tax is high even there.
These deep discounts may be a thing of past. According to Steven (the person who does allocation of vehicles for South region across all dealers, employee of skoda), the Yeti or superb (both 100 percent ckd) are completely sold out, barring few pieces of specific colors or demo./test cars .
He was extremely confident with his statement and I quote '2012 was a bad year for skoda since they went with dealer forecasts, and ended up importing more than required. In 2013, skoda has pulled it's socks and importing based on demand and not forecasts'.
Maybe someone can still get one or two old baked models with huge discounts, but it won't be a norm anymore.
Steven further mentioned that any new booking for silver colored 4x4 Elegance will be delivered only in q1 of 2014.
As per him skoda India shall focus more on a.s.s in 14&15.
Old 5th December 2013, 12:28   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... What makes me think twice is the mention in last month's AutoCar India that localisation in next model will be more for a more aggressive price tag AND the topend diesel elegance might come with a DSG. That makes me think that I should probably take the current elegance with a yummy discount when the new model comes in and enjoy the best of both worlds (no-dsg & high discounts).

Looks like AutoCar India's information is correct. Yeti (Outdoor) Elegance may come to India with a DSG. What needs to be confirmed is if it will also come with an MT (going by Octavia's launch, i'm inclined to think that the top end models only sport the DSG)..

Some observations on the media photos of internationally launched 2014 Yeti.

The Yeti does seem to come with DSG transmission. If you notice the button i've highlighted with the blue ring, there is a feature that is missing in the MT model. Hill hold or something like that, Yeti owners?
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yeti-2014-interior-comparo-1.png

Looks like those who prefer the DSG, will also get to enjoy electric powered seats (at least driver seat).
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-2014-yeti-interior-dsg-powered-seats.png

There is also a L&K variant with DSG, sporting the Boreal wood design on the dashboard. The other 2 variants don't seem to sporting it. In the first pic, the DSG variant seems to be fit with the same silver design on the dashboard, like the current Ambition variant (in India).
Name:  2014 Skoda Yeti interior  DSG LK.PNG
Views: 8140
Size:  308.1 KB
k_ajay is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks