Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:56   #1726
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Here is review of New Yeti by Autocar India.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-390149,0.aspx

It says that new Yeti is going to be launched in only top end Elegance Trim. Does it mean that there will not be any other trim levels or are they going to continue with other trim levels in old avatar. I was looking forward to this launch with a hope of petrol engine and lower priced variant. It seems that I will be disappointed.
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:21   #1727
BHPian

I hope we can install the TPMS in the older versions too.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:15   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I hope we can install the TPMS in the older versions too.
This has to be a passive TPMS, that is based on the ABS sensor, I have already enabled this in my Yeti since last 3 years, the only drawback I need laptop to reset it whenever there is a TPMS warning! to avoid this we have to wire the switch from dashboard to ABC module and to BMC, that a lot of effort to get only the switch working and avoid using laptop.

-Pramod
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:02   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Which button is between the traction control & off-road button?

Wish they introduced the DSG this time around. The button is for TPMS(tyre pressure monitoring system).
Apart from the cosmetics, start/stop, cruise control, bixenons, electric seat,tpms are the only value additions. I believe the offroad haldex unit is a newer and lighter one too.
Old 4th September 2014, 19:13   #1730
VBN
BHPian

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-skoda-yeti-review-658484
Old 5th September 2014, 13:07   #1731
BHPian

I come from Maruti (WagonR) and Honda (Jazz) stable and never felt any A.S.S hassles. Never did my car broke down nor I have been overcharged or cheated by service center.

Since past 2 years my heart says that next upgrade should be a CUV and always leaning towards Yeti. But every time I read the Skoda horror stories I promise myself never to get tempted. Now that 2014 Yeti is getting launched with more bells and whistles, I will not be honest if I say I am not honest.

I need to know from skoda owners who have bought a Skoda in the recent past whether there is really a (positive) change in the attitude of Skoda towards customers and is there any improvement with Dealers and their service shop.

This will help me to take a decision whether take the plunge or wait for ix25 (seriously that is the only alternate option i see in the horizon)
Old 5th September 2014, 16:12   #1732
BHPian

I have a yeti and a fabia and I am a happy customer.
the only thing you need check is the cost of servicing. they will try to make you pay for unnecessary things but you can simply deny that. you can also check cost of service and replacement parts on their website (I usually do it).
I have covered 40k on yeti in 2 years and 3.5 years and 43k on fabia and can assure you that VAG cars are built to last.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 16:46   #1733
BHPian

I meant I will not be honest if I say I am not tempted again.
Old 6th September 2014, 17:04   #1734
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

For the sheer safety and comfort the Yeti offers, it's worth taking the plunge. I have friends who regularly buy old Superbs. One such bloke took the automatic version upto Gangtok and beyond.

I have discovered that Patna also has a private garage which looks after Pajeros and Skodas quite successfully and they are cheaper too.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 6th September 2014 at 17:12.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:34   #1735
VBN
BHPian

For the upto ₹ 20 lacs range, the yeti is a very good choice in the SUV range. The after sales service is not something that is regular. So one can ignore that and go ahead with the Yeti.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:07   #1736
BHPian

Overdrive has published First Drive report of New Yeti. As per them new Yeti is going to come only in Elegance Trim. Prices are not yet announced. The link of the video is as under:

If any one has news of discounts on outgoing models, Please update.
Old 10th September 2014, 12:27   #1737
BHPian

Was watching the live coverage of new Yeti Launch. They have killed the product with the pricing. Ex-Showroom Delhi is 20L+ for 4*4. Frustatating
Old 14th September 2014, 18:07   #1738
BHPian

I wish they had added parking sensors to the ovrms. It would enable full 360 degrees parking view.
Old 14th September 2014, 18:14   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I wish they had added parking sensors to the ovrms. It would enable full 360 degrees parking view.
You mean cameras right? Parking sensors don't come on ORVMs and are fitted to the front and rear bumpers on the sides (Apart from the 8 sensors which already come factory fitted) which gives full 360 degrees parking view. I have these fitted. Usually it's the camera that comes under ORVMs of cars for all round view.
Old 14th September 2014, 19:14   #1740
BHPian

The big question on the Yeti is - Do you really get the metal & space for the price you pay?

Look forward to the new Yeti being launched in India. Last time I checked with the dealers in Bangalore, they seem to be pushing for the existing model and dont have an idea of when the new one is going to be launched. Additionally, they dont seem to be offering any discounts :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks