Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 20:02   #1996

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The AC in my 5 year old yeti was alternating between blowing hot and cold air for over 3 months. And when I park the car outside when it is hot, it was usually only hot air for the next hour or so. I was sure that the condenser had gone kaput, so when I left the car for service at the Tafe access skoda in Bangalore, I had asked them to also take a look at the ac. I was sure they were going to confirm my fears and quote an exhorbitant rate to fix the AC. Surprisingly, I got a call from the service engineer the next day saying that he thinks the condenser needs to be changed; however, they have a campaign going on and that they should be able to fix it for free. The vehicle was delivered to me the next day. Attached is the list of parts changed and the potential damages if it would not have been covered under goodwill warranty. The surprising bit in all this is I had just asked them to take a look at the AC; never at any point expected such a quick and comprehensive fix for nothing!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_6002.jpg  

anandbharathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:01   #1997

Hi. I am a silent reader of Team BHP. I am keen on buying a used Skoda Yeti. Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:21   #1998
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan711 View Post
Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
Online listings are the best option for you to get a few cars of your choice and budget. There are a few trustworthy pre owned dealers as well but they are few and far between.

Look for a vehicle that has done under 50k km, is a single owner vehicle, and has a detailed service history. Certain parts can be expensive and a real pain to replace so be careful.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:03   #1999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan711 View Post
Hi. I am a silent reader of Team BHP. I am keen on buying a used Skoda Yeti. Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
Check if any Delhi TBHPian is willing to sell their Yeti. Generally all TBHPians love their cars and keep them well maintained. I sold mine last year to another TBHPian and he was very happy with it.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 18:01   #2000

Hi, though its been a long time since you have posted about the mods you have made on your Yeti. I too have installed auto switch but skoda dealer in delhi is unable to make change in skoda software. If you can give me some tips for Auto Light switch software modifications, i will be thankful.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:23   #2001

Hey there folks. I thought of seeking help with an EGR Cooler issue that recently popped up on my Yeti.

I have a 2011 4x4, Elegance trim, and have done about 40K on the odo. recently whilst driving in Goa, the glow plug lamp flashed on the dashboard and my car took to the "limp mode". It was a nightmare as I had to drive back to Pune the same day. Somehow drove down to Pune with the light intermittently disappearing. After reaching Pune got the error checked at Viraj Skoda Baner who told me the EGR Cooler had to be replaced. Wrote to Skoda Support to intervene for expert advice however they only got the vehicle scanned again. The cost to fix the Cooler is around 70K inclusive of GST and labour. Even checked at a local garage who manages to repair German-make cars and he told me he could fix the issue with a EGR Cooler he will source from some scrapped/damaged vehicle. He said the cost would be approx. 7 to 8K only.

I am in a jeopardy as to should I take a risk of fixing such issues other than Skoda Service Centers. Also, I learnt about a EGR Delete on the web. Not sure if anyone here in Pune is even aware of such so called "by-passing" the EGR. Anyone of you who knows about such EGR repairs or has done one before in and around Pune? Any information in this regard is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by ajmat : 30th January 2018 at 15:39.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:42   #2002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMasc'y View Post
Even checked at a local garage who manages to repair German-make cars and he told me he could fix the issue with a EGR Cooler he will source from some scrapped/damaged vehicle. He said the cost would be approx. 7 to 8K only.
Your car is old and out of warranty. I would recommend using the second hand option assuming that you will not be keeping the car for too long. 40k is actually too short a life. If the car was less than 5 years old, I would have pushed Skoda for some goodwill.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 15:48   #2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Your car is old and out of warranty. I would recommend using the second hand option assuming that you will not be keeping the car for too long. 40k is actually too short a life. If the car was less than 5 years old, I would have pushed Skoda for some goodwill.
Thanks Ajmat. I will look around for better garage options and decide. Trying to see if someone can do an EGR delete. Moreover, I also tried talking to vendors on AliExpress and they say they have the said part. The part cost including shipping is around 14K. However, Skoda won't fit the part for me and again I have to approach a local garage.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:58   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am in a jeopardy as to should I take a risk of fixing such issues other than Skoda Service Centers. Also, I learnt about a EGR Delete on the web. Not sure if anyone here in Pune is even aware of such so called "by-passing" the EGR. Anyone of you who knows about such EGR repairs or has done one before in and around Pune? Any information in this regard is much appreciated. Thanks!
Consult a good non-Skoda ASS and get the EGR blocked. They need to know their way around the software to be able to bypass the check, too - on bikes and stuff it involves a cheap rectifier to fool the ECU, and it was relatively easy to block on some other non-German cars I have had - BUT I haven't tried in on my Yeti yet. Hence check with knowledgeable folks.

Your other option is scrap, but I'd rather remove the EGR altogether rather than put another one in - that too from a scrapped vehicle.

FYI mine's crossed 110k and just went through some major work at a fairly well known local garage for the Germans in COK. Clutch replacement (first one) + Timing Belt change + Glow Plugs + a few assorted sensors that are part of any VW service, only this time it was Crank Position and one more on the engine side along with the timing belt (just to be on the safe side).

Pretty expensive altogether, but the vehicle feels like new after all this even though its 5.5 years and 110k kms old. So will keep it for another 100k I think - this one's a keeper.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th January 2018 at 16:04.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 16:52   #2005
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even checked at a local garage who manages to repair German-make cars and he told me he could fix the issue with a EGR Cooler he will source from some scrapped/damaged vehicle. He said the cost would be approx. 7 to 8K only.
Go for second hand part 7-8 k option.

For Skoda Laura I got EGR part replaced for 14k yrs back and also similarly replaced compressor and Turbo with third party mechanic. Go for it.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 17:21   #2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Pretty expensive altogether, but the vehicle feels like new after all this even though its 5.5 years and 110k kms old. So will keep it for another 100k I think - this one's a keeper.
Thanks mate. Sure will look for options. This definitely is a keeper. Build to last, yet some part failures like these let the Yeti down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Go for second hand part 7-8 k option.

For Skoda Laura I got EGR part replaced for 14k yrs back and also similarly replaced compressor and Turbo with third party mechanic. Go for it.
Sure friend. Will try that way too, only if I get a trustworthy garage and of course a good second-hand EGR. As I posted earlier, am even looking for options through AliExpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EGR-...771726617.html)

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th January 2018 at 17:37. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 30th January 2018, 17:48   #2007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. Sure will look for options. This definitely is a keeper. Build to last, yet some part failures like these let the Yeti down.

Sure friend. Will try that way too, only if I get a trustworthy garage and of course a good second-hand EGR. As I posted earlier, am even looking for options through AliExpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EGR-...771726617.html)
Hi
You could check for this part with a Skoda spare parts importer in Kashmere gate. His number is +918130126254
He may be able to get you this same genuine part at a fraction of the price.
I bought my own Shock absorbers from them and the OE versions cost 1/3 rd of the price Skoda quoted me. I also had a Yeti for 6 years and sold it around a year back (got myself a Jeep Compass now)
Avoid the Aliexpress route as this is a critical part and you will not get genuine parts there.
Old 30th January 2018, 20:45   #2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi
You could check for this part with a Skoda spare parts importer in Kashmere gate. His number is +918130126254
He may be able to get you this same genuine part at a fraction of the price.
I bought my own Shock absorbers from them and the OE versions cost 1/3 rd of the price Skoda quoted me. I also had a Yeti for 6 years and sold it around a year back (got myself a Jeep Compass now)
Avoid the Aliexpress route as this is a critical part and you will not get genuine parts there.
Wow. Thank you so much. This really helps. I will definitely call this guy. By the way, I am located in Pune and am sure there would be similar importers around here or Mumbai too. That chap at Kashmere gate should be able to guide me on that. Cheers!
Old 30th January 2018, 21:09   #2009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Thank you so much. This really helps. I will definitely call this guy. By the way, I am located in Pune and am sure there would be similar importers around here or Mumbai too. That chap at Kashmere gate should be able to guide me on that. Cheers!
If you are based in Pune there are many options at Opera House in Mumbai. There is a tbhp thread which you can refer which gives the details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...se-mumbai.html

Here is another one in Opera house who keeps Skoda parts http://www.narenjpr.com

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th January 2018 at 21:22.
Old 31st January 2018, 09:11   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
You could try Gyani Motor in Nana Peth, Pune. We recently did a clutch plate change on a friends car and Viraj Skoda was charging the moon for parts, so we sourced parts from Gyani and got the work done at Viraj itself. No complaints on the work done by Viraj Skoda.

The number for Gyani is +91 9225510101 or +91 9822210101. The owners name is Sasan and he may even be able to help with a local garage to get the work done.
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks