Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2019, 21:16   #2116

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Guys!

Planning to sell my Yeti after 5+years of superb experience. It's the only car that I have driven for over 5 years without feeling the urge to change. Off late the itch for an upgrade with automatic transmission is making me think of parting away this beast. Will sell if I get a decent price, else will keep it in my estate and use it when I have the itch to drive a MT !You may check out the classified posting here - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...oda/Yeti.html/
Vipinprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 14:39   #2117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I am sadly wishing to sell my beautiful Yeti.
Only because I now need an Automatic car.
Would be happy to give it at a fair price to anyone on TBHP since at least it will get to go to a good home.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th November 2019 at 14:43.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:03   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am sadly wishing to sell my beautiful Yeti.
Only because I now need an Automatic car.
Would be happy to give it at a fair price to anyone on TBHP since at least it will get to go to a good home.
Hi Shankar, Can you please share details of your Yeti like year, variant, mileage etc. I might be interested.
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:51   #2119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Hi Shankar, Can you please share details of your Yeti like year, variant, mileage etc. I might be interested.

Most Gladly for a TBHP colleague

2011 Nov 29
FC valid till 2026
4x4 Elegance top spec Model
Brilliant Silver colour
47600kms
Tyres changed to Falken Wildpeak (on Behemoth's advice) -2016.
Rogerab Suspension dampers to handle bad bumps better.
New Exide Battery from Skoda in Aug 2019
New front discs
Changed Timing gear, belt, tensioner, water
Pump etc - Aug 2019 (just because the car was getting on for 8 years age)
Black fender covers to prevent dings.
Added a bottle of Liquimoly Ceratec to further smoothen the engine.
I love this car.
Even today my Dad and I went to top up the Nitrogen in the tyres and I was terribly pleased driving it.

But I broke my foot and hence pressing the clutch is painful right now.

Hence considering a change to AT Hatchback.

Would love for my Yeti to go to someone who will love it as I do.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 19:12   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Most Gladly for a TBHP colleague
Hi Shankar,
You may consider me also in the list of deserving buyers.
Plz check your Inbox. Have pm'ed you my WA no.

You may plz share some latest pics either on my WA no or here for our fellow members also.

Thanks,
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 18:13   #2121
BANNED

Thanks to nsbhagwat I have discovered this option of making the Yeti into an Automatic.

AutoMate from Pune have created an electro mechanical method which works without messing about the car computer and all that.

Their people were in Bangalore today and I took a demo and test drive in their Honda WRV 1.5 litre Diesel which is fitted with this gizmo.
And it works perfectly.

These guys are a 17 year old company.
They have fitted out a lot of cars with this.

Including a Yeti in Hubli.

Check them out

http://automateindia.in
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 19:21   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to nsbhagwat I have discovered this option of making the Yeti into an Automatic.

AutoMate from Pune have created an electro mechanical method which works without messing about the car computer and all that.
It looks like they offer lots of retro-fitting products. Just curious to know if you are looking to convert your Yeti into AT with them and keep it?
Old 11th November 2019, 19:32   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Their people were in Bangalore today and I took a demo and test drive in their Honda WRV 1.5 litre Diesel which is fitted with this gizmo.
And it works perfectly.
If it works well in traffic for you to manage then you should ideally retain the Yeti since there is no proper replacement for it in the market as on date. Coming from Yeti a large hatchback is a compromise, the sitting position and view from its driver seat can't be matched by a hatch.
Old 11th November 2019, 20:09   #2124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
It looks like they offer lots of retro-fitting products. Just curious to know if you are looking to convert your Yeti into AT with them and keep it?

Hey
I want a Mini Cooper (second hand).
Hence want to sell Yeti.
I want a small AT Sports Luxe Hatchback at this stage in my life.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 10:25   #2125
BANNED

Somehow while that Auto Mate auto clutch system actually worked very nicely in the demo Honda WRV, I am not able to bring myself to allow it to be installed in my Yeti.
For one thing, whatever one may say, it is pretty crude. Then, The fact that they have to remove my original skoda gear lever and replace it with the Auto Mate one which has the sensor. This bit of modification also worries me.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 11:25   #2126
Senior - BHPian

After a reliable experience over 7 years and 68,000 kms, my Yeti had been acting quite odd last month. Had a series of breakdowns.

1) After a spirited drive on the expressway for 15 kms or so, it went to emergency or limp mode. VCDS scan showed 'Circuit Malfunction' in 'Injector: Cylinder 3'. Took the car to WOS@Noida. Initial suspect was that the injector on Cylinder 3 has gone kaput. So, first thing we did was to repair it and also at the same time, clean the other 3 injectors just to be safe. But to no avail, the limp mode continued even after the repair/cleaning. The second suspect was the ECU and at closer examination, found out the injector module was blown or faulty. Repair done on ECU and costed 11K. Glad I didn't have to incur a lac or more on a new ECU. ECU failure is very rare and was wondering if the Pete's remap contributed to the malfunction.

2) After taking delivery, I had to rush to a wedding around 80 kms away. After 40 kms or so, saw the temperature guage go up north of 120 before finally reaching the red zone and the error pop up. 'Check coolant level'. Stopped the car to inspect. Coolant level was normal and didn't see any other sign of issues. Call up WoS@Noida immediately, and fortunately, my other car was left there for service. Salman and other technician rode the CIVIC to my location within an hour. I went ahead with the trip on my CIVIC and they took my Yeti back to the workshop, with making 10 or so stops to cool down the engine. After 2 days of diagnosis, both the fans appear to be the culprit in that, they do work, but have a mind of their own and shut offs intermittently. Mention may be made that a year ago, I had replaced the larger fan because of AC cooling problem. But the replacement was not a OEM one. This time I insisted on OEM ones with shroud. New one costed north of 30K, but fortunately, was able to source a used one for less than half of that. So finally, with this, the Yeti was back to life again.

3) Just as when I thought the nightmare was over, the Yeti got a broken winshield while I was away at my in-laws in Meerut. Used my insurance to replace a new one with the same OEM make (AGC) from Auto Glass Master. Total cost came about 30K, and my part was around 2700 bucks.

And if that is not all, had been getting punctures quite frequently with my Michelin Latitude Tour tyres, which are now 5 years old with around 30K kms run. So, that again is another expense coming up. I hope to retain my Yeti for as long as feasible, but these recent breakdowns have left a sour note to the overall experience.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 21:01   #2127

Sold my Yeti a couple of days back and moved out of the Skoda family.. The wait for Karoq got the better of me ! It has been a wonderful ride over the last few years and the Yeti taken me places with absolutely no ownership issues. Noting few details for reference and to benchmark the price of this beautiful vehicle for others who are planning to sell.

Model year: 2011 Jan
Version: Elegance 4 X 4 (Top end)
KMs when sold: 96580( I had picked it up when it was 42100 Kms in July 2014.
Service History: All services done at Vinayak Skoda once a year- I used to be present on the shop floor when filters were being replaced and oil changed.
Approximate Cost of Service- 12- 15 K per service with additional costs for Brake sets at 80000 Kms
AC compressor was replaced as part of the Global recall.
Annual subscription of 3M with 2 Trizact treatments,2 UV protects and 1 interior cleaning ensured that the car was in mint condition
Accessories/Mods: Charcoal Black 3 M wrap on the roof and on the Grill Lip and KC Hi-lites
Sale Price: 6.5 Lakhs ; Was bought by a Gentleman who fell in love with the vehicle at first sight- I always make it a point to offer a complimentary UV protect from 3M whenever I sell my cars;A final farewell of sorts...
Had shown the vehicle to Cars24 and Olx Cash my Car. Went there with minimal expectations on the price. But they have mastered the art of giving a shocking/insulting quote way beyond our minimum number... Strongly suggest to avoid if you are not in a hurry.

All in all, a wonderful experience with this allrounder!
Vipinprasad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 21:32   #2128

Quote:
Somehow while that Auto Mate auto clutch system actually worked very nicely in the demo Honda WRV, I am not able to bring myself to allow it to be installed in my Yeti.
For one thing, whatever one may say, it is pretty crude. Then, The fact that they have to remove my original skoda gear lever and replace it with the Auto Mate one which has the sensor. This bit of modification also worries me.
I understand how much you love the Yeti!(Having owned one for 5+ years) and the lack of an appropriate replacement vehicle ..I had contemplated with the idea of converting my Yeti to AT by importing the entire transmission gear from the UK and getting it done at Vagtune/Petes but finally decided against it as the risks seemed higher. I certainly will not recommend the Auto Mate idea.

May be if you can wait for a while, I am told that the Karoq should be here by April 2020. Or your idea of luxe AT hatch seems great.
Vipinprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 01:45   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
The closest stock conversion of your Yeti to an AT would be to utilise the DSG out of a Superb 3.6 (i.e via parts from donor cars sold in India). It shares the same DQ250 (in its AWD variant unlike every other 2.0TDI engine). You might still run into trouble with the necessary control units (not impossible, but I doubt the expertise available locally), and then hardware parts like different front driveshafts, a different flywheel that Yeti (being a diesel) would need, may be a different final drive ratio at the front to match existing one at rear etc. Basically not worth the effort.

I am not sure what was the budget involved in the planned conversion, but perhaps you could also consider a used previous gen Audi Q3 Quattro. Essentially a Yeti underneath, similar compact dimensions, more powerful engine, DQ500 7-speed DSG. Service parts are almost same between both the cars and therefore the costs also (if you utilise a competent garage).
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 03:39   #2130
BANNED

@ avinash - thanks but no thanks.
None of those ideas will work for me.
And I cordially dislike the Q3 though I know it is essentially a Yeti in a different skin.

@ vipinprasad -
Yes on my recent investigations into selling my Yeti I kept crossing your tracks. I am not in a hurry to sell it. I am clear that I will only give it to someone I like and who likes and understands this vehicle. And I will never add something such as this AutoMate business because it is just plain crude and has zero finesse and I love the aesthetics and finesse of my Yeti too much to spoil it.
So I shall hold out for the right buyer for the Yeti and I will move to an AT luxe hatch by and by when I find the right one.

In ref to my vehicle as compared to yours;

It is also a 2011 model - November 29th but it done only half the mileage as yours. It is absolutely stock.

Maintained perfectly at Skoda. Indeed I went to Skoda with a prospective buyer on Saturday to get a general checkup done in front of him.

Every single shred of paper pertaining to this vehicle is right with me.

And given the way I ve cared for it and what I have spent on it, I am not going to succumb to these dirty offers.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks