Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 16:35   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
"Fairly Reasonable" ?? I would call it dirt cheap! My Swift VDi costs a 3.5K for 10K servicing.
This is not totally correct and is out of context. Swift first 10 K Servicing is just oil and oil filter cost that is borne by customer (Servicing cost is free) and that costs 950 Rs. Max. 20 K km service is more expensive and will be about 5-6 K for Swift. As the car gets older you would have part replacements coming by and would cost more.
Old 25th January 2012, 14:40   #692
BHPian

There were some reports that an improved version with better interiors and reduced NVH is being brought in by Toyota. Is this true ? With the C segment Sedan category awash with so many options (Honda City CE, Skoda Rapid, New Dezire,Manza,Fiesta Classic,Verito,Sunny ), Toyota definitely needs to do something to be competitive.
Old 21st April 2012, 19:32   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
There were some reports that an improved version with better interiors and reduced NVH is being brought in by Toyota. Is this true ? With the C segment Sedan category awash with so many options (Honda City CE, Skoda Rapid, New Dezire,Manza,Fiesta Classic,Verito,Sunny ), Toyota definitely needs to do something to be competitive.
Yes they have! They have introduced the Toyota Racing Department Sportivo Accessories for both Liva and Etios. And the best part is that it doesn't come as a package. If you need just one accessory, you can buy that alone. Posting two links below.

Toyota Etios Liva TRD accessories reach dealerships
Toyota Etios sisters become sportier with Sportivo accessory package | CarKhabri.com
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 20:35   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
Yes they have! They have introduced the Toyota Racing Department Sportivo Accessories for both Liva and Etios. And the best part is that it doesn't come as a package. If you need just one accessory, you can buy that alone. Posting two links below.

Toyota Etios Liva TRD accessories reach dealerships
Toyota Etios sisters become sportier with Sportivo accessory package | CarKhabri.com
Thanks for sharing those links.
The fact that TRD ( Toyota Racing Development ) team has chosen Etios as the most suited car for racing among the Toyota vehicles in India means that we can be hopeful of more such TRD accessories from Toyota for Etios.
PS: I did not like the TRD grill though. The stock grill used on the Etios Motor Racing concept car looks more sportier than this.

Last edited by amalji : 21st April 2012 at 20:36.
Old 21st April 2012, 21:18   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Thanks for sharing those links.
The fact that TRD ( Toyota Racing Development ) team has chosen Etios as the most suited car for racing among the Toyota vehicles in India means that we can be hopeful of more such TRD accessories from Toyota for Etios.
PS: I did not like the TRD grill though. The stock grill used on the Etios Motor Racing concept car looks more sportier than this.
The carbon fibre dashboard looks somewhat good but it's hard to judge from those pics isn't it?
What's that 3T LED sensor all about? Is it just a reverse parking sensor? And like you I'm also eagerly waiting for more accessories from Toyota.
Old 21st April 2012, 22:11   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious
The carbon fibre dashboard looks somewhat good but it's hard to judge from those pics isn't it?
What's that 3T LED sensor all about? Is it just a reverse parking sensor? And like you I'm also eagerly waiting for more accessories from Toyota.
True, cannot find any logical reason why toyota hasn't published details about these accessories on their website! It's true that trd is a separate company ( but owned by toyota ). But, in that case they should have given information about these accessories atleast on trd website for etios.

And I have no idea regarding the led sensors as well.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:37   #697
BHPian

I think the 3T led sensor is just a reverse parking sensor. Got this after some googling Parking Sensor System (QR-3T), Parking Sensor System, Sensor | DHgate Factory
Instead of the mirror display, the Toyota one might be having an led display.
Or is it something like this : Improving CMOS image sensor performance with combined pixels
But for just 3.5k I don't expect anything more than a reverse parking sensor from Toyota. Actually you cant even expect that because they charge Rs.5350 for the parking sensor system they provide as an optional accessory. And that one IIRC, doesn't even come with a display. Just the 'beep' sound.
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:07   #698
Senior - BHPian

My friend who is in the Navy bought a Etios ( base Model ) yesterday - white color - OTR price of 7.6 Lacs - new budget price - Diesel.

I am also on the lookout for something between 6-8 lacs but no tearing hurry so when he came over I took over the steering and drove it for about 40 km's in the night.

Here are my observations on the vehicle -

Pros -

Roomy and spacious.
Good AC.
Base Variant comes with Remote Central Locking.
Looks good from outside. In fact I think it looks quite nice.
Good FE - He filled up 1500 rupees ( About 35 Litres ) He had already driven it 540 km's and there was still 30 - 40% of the tank full. Comes to about 21 - 22 kpl !!!

Cons -

The car is NOISY. Absolutely zero insulation or padding. I could not stand it after 5 minutes. The Horn would sound as if someone was blowing it inside. Pathetic !

Cost cutting is obvious at so many places - the seats and the foam used is terrible. No beading around the doors hence the cabin noise as well.

No Mudflaps, No RPM Meter !! The dash looks ugly - nothing to cheer you up specially at night. Of course there was no sound sytem so that did not help.

The seats were uncomfortable after a while as we are both tall and well built.

NO dead pedal and changing the gears is a pain ( I may be wrong as I am used to driving my Verna which has excellent ergonomics ).

So that is my sum up of this car.

Although I must add that at 7.6 lacs there was nothing available near it except for the Dezire which had a long waiting list. So VFM is there BUT the cost cutting was too evident and that is a deal breaker for me.
Old 6th May 2012, 12:24   #699
BHPian

Can someone tell if the window as well as the front/rear glasses of Etios P 2011 have any original OEM tints? If yes, what's the VLT (Visible Light Transmission)% of the glasses, and does it vary from variant to variant?
Old 6th May 2012, 12:28   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Can someone tell if the window as well as the front/rear glasses of Etios P 2011 have any original OEM tints? If yes, what's the VLT (Visible Light Transmission)% of the glasses, and does it vary from variant to variant?
I don't think there is a tint. But, maybe someone else can confirm on it.
Between, the supreme court ruling was stupid to say the least!
Old 6th May 2012, 12:47   #701
BHPian

No it's not tinted. Just plain, tempered glass on the sides. AFAIK, even the Innova doesn't come with tinted glass.

Last edited by fast&furious : 6th May 2012 at 12:57.
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 22:40   #702
BHPian

I have completed 10K on the Odo last week. I could have effortlessly done a 10k report but for the temporary demotivation caused by the steep hike in fuel prices.

I really want to know if I can have an LPG or CNG kit fitted in my Etios. It is ideal if Toyota or its dealers would offer these kits but I think it is less likely. I look forward to valuable tips from fellow BHPians on adding an LPG or CNG kit.
Old 6th June 2012, 07:59   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro
I have completed 10K on the Odo last week. I could have effortlessly done a 10k report but for the temporary demotivation caused by the steep hike in fuel prices.

I really want to know if I can have an LPG or CNG kit fitted in my Etios. It is ideal if Toyota or its dealers would offer these kits but I think it is less likely. I look forward to valuable tips from fellow BHPians on adding an LPG or CNG kit.
It could void the warranty.

As for lpg kits, I've used lovato and BRC . Both offered hassle free performance. Also consider service availability in your area.

Normal LPG kits remove the ecu control over the fuel injection. There are a newer set which comes with direct injection and a separate ecu. They claim close to stock performance and mileage. But, they are costly though ( will come to around 45000.) Technically, they should offer the best performance. But, haven't used it in real.

When you do the comparison between the running cost of petrol and lpg, reduce the expected mileage by 15% on lpg compared to petrol.
Old 9th July 2012, 12:16   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross posting for the benefit of the Eitos sedan seekers.

The Etios and the Liva would receive minor changes on the interior to spruce it up further after the feedback received.

The updates are expected to go into production in the second half of August 2012. Will try and extract more information on the changes.
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 13:03   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Hi amateurpro, what F.E are you getting out of your Etios nowadays, curious to know since I might opt for an Etios or a Liva,not yet decided between petrol or diesel.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks