Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 11:12   #751
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

My Etios (p) has now run 35k kms in 2.5 years. The TATA Green battery is working perfectly fine so far. But my next replacement would definitely be Amaron.
heman_369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 10:55   #752
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Green Battery Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
My Toyota Etios VX (P) car's Tata Green Battery suddenly died one fine evening.
When you replaced this battery, did you get any discount for the new battery ? Did the old battery have any kind of warranty ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
I called Toyota Roadside Assistance at 8 PM last Sunday (June 30th 2013) and they promised to send somebody next morning before 8 AM.
But that person arrived only at 10:30 AM.
Call Toyota Customer service and raise your complaint. This is not what a 24x7 road side assistance is for. I would have got service within 2 hours maximum for a Maruti!
Old 15th August 2013, 11:56   #753
BHPian

Re: Tata Green Battery Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
When you replaced this battery, did you get any discount for the new battery ? Did the old battery have any kind of warranty ?
I got a discount of 500 INR.

No. old battery did not have any warranty left. As per the owner's manual and warranty booklet page 342 battery warranty is for a period of 12 months.

Quote:
Call Toyota Customer service and raise your complaint. This is not what a 24x7 roadside assistance is for. I would have got service within 2 hours maximum for a Maruti!
When I called them it was 8 o'clock in the evening so I told them to come next day morning before 7AM so that I could go to office by 9AM, but the gentleman arrived at 10AM.

I replaced the old Tata green batter with Amaron GO battery.

Last week when I went home, from Kerala to Bangalore and then Raichur, I left my car at Bangalore for 3 days and when I returned this Amaron GO battery also died (the car wouldn't start), even though I had not kept anything on (headlamps or fog lamps, even I disconnected the USB pendrive from the music system).

I guess it is shorting somewhere and the Tata Green battery wasn't actually bad. I need to take the car to Amana Toyota for a thorough checkup, not getting time, so probably will give them a visit this Saturday.

Thanks for the concern.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 11:59   #754
BHPian

Quote:

Call Toyota Customer service and raise your complaint. This is not what a 24x7 road side assistance is for. I would have got service within 2 hours maximum for a Maruti!
TKM take customer issues more seriously than the dealers!
I did not receive my RC book at the time of delivery. They told it will reach me after 2 weeks!
I did not receive it after 2 weeks, called up the sales person and asked about the papers, he gave me vague answers.
After waiting patiently and a lot of phone calls to the Manager which were of no use, had no other go than to write to TKM.
A strong mail to TKM settled things down. TKM called up and profusely apologized the very same day! The next morning, personnel from Harsha Toyota were at my doorstep with the RC book.
So, this clearly shows how serious TKM take up things! And what surprised me is that they even call me up and ask me how the service quality was, the day after the service was done!
saadat1992 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 22:11   #755
PCS
BHPian

Toyota launches Etios Limited edition

Here goes another limited edition from toyota. saw the vehicle in dealer yard... sorry no pics

But looks like this time its really worth for just 6k extra as told by sales officer

Based on G grade , extra features would be

- 2 tone interiors (beige) (earlier g had black)
- reverse sensors
- Bluetooth for audio
- limited edition badge
Old 10th September 2013, 22:27   #756
BHPian

Greetings

It all depends on the premium they ask for ! The beige interiors are good because the all black look too drab and the Bluetooth and reverse parking sensors are good add ons ! Atleast there are no cheap chrome accessories haha.
Hardly a limited edition but yeah hope they price it sensibly .
Regards
Imran
Old 10th September 2013, 22:36   #757
BHPian

Re: Toyota launches Etios Limited edition

Here are the details on this Etios Xclusive

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ive/index.aspx

and

Liva Xclusive

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ive/index.aspx

Seems it's a marketing gimmick for the festive season.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:51   #758
Senior - BHPian

I am sure TKM is aware of the issues with Etios but they are keeping their eyes closed.

They should rework on the dash of the car and I am sure the sales will surge up. A central mounted speedo has not worked in India for any of the manufactures.

- Chevy Spark - not selling anymore (reason central speedo unit and beat is much better to look at)
- Tata Vista - gone back to original, started using the Manza dash in Vista and people started liking the change (soon they will be shifting the 75 BHP as well as Petrol cars with the Manza dash also - expect this around Diwali)
- Toyota - Sleeping or keeping eyes closed (am not sure of the reason). They have worked on NVH, head rest etc, they should work on the dash also.

Cheers

They seem to be equally doubtful of the limited edition and thus talking about just 1000 units to be produced !

Last edited by i74js : 11th September 2013 at 11:54.
Old 11th September 2013, 13:19   #759
BHPian

Rework the Dash Toyota ! I would have considered the etios had the dash not been center mounted . Bought the amaze diesel instead .
Old 11th September 2013, 19:52   #760
Senior - BHPian

Biege and Gray ??? Unheard-of combination !!!
Old 11th September 2013, 20:33   #761
BHPian

I dropped in today to the nearest T dealer in B'lore to have a look at this "xclusive" car and indeed it was (pun intended).

Even the sales staff were unaware of such a version and vehemently denied the existence. Finally one of the seniors among them (chota boss?) reluctantly disclosed to all that yes there was one indeed which has been announced. However the price is yet to be disclosed.

From the photos on the website, the existing G/ GD/ V versions already have this so called "2 Tone Premium Interiors". The only addition i can make out is the sensors and bluetooth/ Aux-in audio system.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:56   #762
Senior - BHPian

The pricing of the special edition as per Toyota's website (yes it is updated there) is as under:

Ex-Showroom Prices (Delhi)
1. Liva Xclusive - Petrol - INR 495,349
2. Liva Xclusive - Diesel - INR 605,400
3. Etios Xclusive - Petrol - INR 605,900
4. Etios Xclusive - Diesel - INR 713,243

Beige & Grey combination does not sound appealing. Lemme check out.
Old 4th October 2013, 08:52   #763
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Etios "Cross"ing over!

Just happened to come across this supposed to be launched soon bold outlook of Toyota Etios in Argentina.

Source: http://autoblog.com.ar/2013/09/exclu...l-etios-cross/

Just searched around and few reports came up at http://caranddriverbrasil.uol.com.br...disfarces/6008, http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/t...il-spied-97246, http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/t...na-spied-97963

Seems like Toyota is trying to look mean with this outlook with the backing of the 1.5 ltr 90 bhp powerhorse underneath which has been applauded even in the sporty version launched here.

This outlook draws quite an attention and in that sporty color with the outfit it is wearing looks like it may appease some sporty minds.

What seems to have been done is put on some Rough Roady characteristics on it:
1. Mean looking front grill and bumper, nudge guard type add-ons to front and rear
2. Sporty looking Black Front and Rear Bumpers
3. Sporty looking Black Side Cladding with silver accents
4. Sporty looking Yellow color that brings out the entire outlook
5. Sporty looking Roof Rails that seem to gel superbly with the roof-line from A Pillar to the end
6. Rear Spoiler
7. Sporty Alloys

Hope these will add to the weight of the feather-lite hatch and get her planted well on road while retaining the gliding character it exudes on road!

It seems in Argentina, the Etios is simply known as Etios sedan and Etios hatchback and not Etios and Etios Liva.

It remains to be seen if Toyota will bring it to Indian market and at what costs.

Last edited by parsh : 4th October 2013 at 09:49.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:49   #764
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see an Etios @ Toyota showroom with the 2013 model spoilers fitted. Just thought of sharing the pictures. :-)

Name:  ForumRunner_20131011_124833.png
Views: 8802
Size:  359.9 KB
From a slightly different angle
Name:  ForumRunner_20131011_124844.png
Views: 10024
Size:  389.8 KB

I was not able to click from far behind because the car was parked just in front of an obstruction.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 19:04   #765
BHPian

2013 Toyota Etios Petrol Test Drive Review

Took a test drive of the 2013 Etios petrol on the 1st week of October, 2013. At first I was seriously interested in Honda Amaze Petrol, but then got reluctant due to the progressive negative feedbacks from forum members. Then came Etios Xclusive, which according to me it is a great VFM.

Being well aware of the flaws in Etios' previous version, I was particularly apprehensive about the NVH levels within the cabin. But the test drive proved otherwise. The cabin space was really silent. Toyota really worked on it in the 2013 version. A special mention about the suspension, according to my dad, who was at the rear seat, the ride was comfortable even when I was driving through an uneven road. Though I felt there is still scope for improvement.

Etios looked cool in classic grey color. The cleverly designed beige-grey interiors were to my liking. The central console bit awkward but will get used to with practice. AC was not powerful but again not a deal breaker. The need for rear speakers was apparent, and in-comes aftermarket composites. Apart from that the HU with front speakers did a great job for the front passengers.

The TD, VFM of the Xclusive edition, festive season offers and reliability of the Toyota brand(along with the presence of relative within the company), sealed the deal for me. Booked it two days after my TD. Must say myself and family happy about the decision
Apple Master is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks