Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:17   #781
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Master View Post
Talked to the dealer person today. They don't supply rear speakers neither will they fit them and quite obviously will not cover any damage arising because of my modifications.It seemed strange. If I know correctly, Toyota dealers of other cities are readily providing the same service.

I guess I will have to fit the speakers from a good workshop.

What a drag!!!
Get the speakers fitted from a good workshop. Most of them know what are the clauses of warranty and fit your stuff in such a way that your warranty remains intact. I got my Pioneer speakers fitted this way (the entire music system to be precise) and Toyota did not object.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 14:21   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post

Get the speakers fitted from a good workshop. Most of them know what are the clauses of warranty and fit your stuff in such a way that your warranty remains intact. I got my Pioneer speakers fitted this way (the entire music system to be precise) and Toyota did not object.
I see you are also from kolkata. Who was your dealer?

Can you give me the name of the workshop who did the work for you. Will give them a visit then and hear out what they have to say about the fitting and warranty.
Old 20th November 2013, 21:13   #783
BHPian

December or January Delivery ? Please sugggest

Ok, so I booked the Etios on Oct,13 and was promised of delivery by mid Nov. But as things stand, the dealer promises to give delivery on mid Dec.

I am thinking of making the best out of this situation. After the car arrives at the dealer I plan on asking them to make the registration and delivery on 1st week of Jan,14 to get that extra resale benefit. Do point out if I'm right in this approach.

Also I have a query regarding the Dec delivery thing. The booking form says prices and offers valid as on the date of delivery. I have already made payment with respect to the existing offers on Oct. Now we all know December brings the best offers that automobile industry has to offer. So, in case the offers provided on Dec earn more discounts than what I paid for, will I get cash back ? Does things work this way or am I being speculative ?
Old 20th November 2013, 21:44   #784
BHPian

Re: December or January Delivery ? Please sugggest

Quote:
Ok, so I booked the Etios on Oct,13 and was promised of delivery by mid Nov. But as things stand, the dealer promises to give delivery on mid Dec.

I am thinking of making the best out of this situation. After the car arrives at the dealer I plan on asking them to make the registration and delivery on 1st week of Jan,14 to get that extra resale benefit. Do point out if I'm right in this approach.
Interesting question. I am not an expert but based on the the reading I have done on this forum, wouldn't the price of your car be a function of the month of manufacture, which in turn could be de-coded by the VIN number?

Of course decoding manufacturing information etc is probably known to few people anyway - I did not appreciate it until I discovered team-bhp, so you may be right.

I would also be interested in knowing the answer.
Old 20th November 2013, 22:34   #785
BHPian

Many would not know where to look for VIN and how to interpret. But the RC book has the month and year of manufacture. People look at it only to calculate the age of the vehicle.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:38   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am thinking of making the best out of this situation. After the car arrives at the dealer I plan on asking them to make the registration and delivery on 1st week of Jan,14 to get that extra resale benefit. Do point out if I'm right in this approach...
It's a good idea. But even better if you can wait for another month and request for a Jan make. Would ensure better resale.

Quote:
...Also I have a query regarding the Dec delivery thing. The booking form says prices and offers valid as on the date of delivery. I have already made payment with respect to the existing offers on Oct. Now we all know December brings the best offers that automobile industry has to offer. So, in case the offers provided on Dec earn more discounts than what I paid for, will I get cash back ? Does things work this way or am I being speculative ?
Precisely! There is another side to it though. If there is any price hike before your delivery, then you pay the revised higher price too. So watch out please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
...Of course decoding manufacturing information etc is probably known to few people anyway - I did not appreciate it until I discovered team-bhp, so you may be right...
Depends on the person. While a bunch will try to bargain based on this, a sizeable lot still don't worry about these things.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st November 2013 at 10:40.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 11:52   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

It's a good idea. But even better if you can wait for another month and request for a Jan make. Would ensure better resale.
Thank you swiftnfurious. I think it's a little late to make a request for Jan make. Also there will be a high probability that there will be a price hike in Jan-Feb. Again a big part of me is getting impatient to get hands on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Precisely! There is another side to it though. If there is any price hike before your delivery, then you pay the revised higher price too. So watch out please.
This makes things interesting. Only santa can tell what I am gonna get
Old 13th December 2013, 12:01   #788
BHPian

Extraordinary Sales Attitude: Thirty Six Toyota, Faridabad

Hi Guys,

I went in for a Etios test drive at toyota showroom, the experience was simply great.
1. The sales executive had great knowledge about the product/schemes.
2. The staff was extra courteous. Felt like being pampered.
3. The staff was well trained & well mannered.

Even though I did not like the car, but the experience was simply superb.

I had visited 3 Honda, 3 Maruti dealers on the same day & none of them was even close to the this Toyota dealership.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:51   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Extraordinary Sales Attitude: Thirty Six Toyota, Faridabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi Guys,

I went in for a Etios test drive at toyota showroom, the experience was simply great.
1. The sales executive had great knowledge about the product/schemes.
2. The staff was extra courteous. Felt like being pampered.
3. The staff was well trained & well mannered.

Even though I did not like the car, but the experience was simply superb.

I had visited 3 Honda, 3 Maruti dealers on the same day & none of them was even close to the this Toyota dealership.
I have felt the same difference. The one who I went to (Nippon, Kottayam, Kerala), they had a higher state of dignity. The showroom ambiance was better and the staffs' behavior. It felt they are very professional.
Old 15th December 2013, 00:37   #790
BHPian

Quote:
I see you are also from kolkata. Who was your dealer?

Can you give me the name of the workshop who did the work for you. Will give them a visit then and hear out what they have to say about the fitting and warranty.
Sorry for the late reply. I got them fixed at a dealer at Anwar Shah Road, just opposite Dhaka Kali Bari. Karan's Car Decor. The owner Karan is young, energetic and very knowledgable about warranties. His number is 9830287505. You can also try Glix at Alipore. They supposedly are quite good.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 23:37   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Talked to the dealer person today. They don't supply rear speakers neither will they fit them and quite obviously will not cover any damage arising because of my modifications.It seemed strange. If I know correctly, Toyota dealers of other cities are readily providing the same service.

I guess I will have to fit the speakers from a good workshop.

What a drag!!!
I know, I own an Innova. My rear right tail-light bulb needed replacement and the A.S.S. department of the showroom in Kolkata(I purposely wont take the name) refused to give me a spare tail-light bulb.
Old 5th January 2014, 23:32   #792
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios "Cross"ing over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Just happened to come across this supposed to be launched soon bold outlook of Toyota Etios in Argentina.

Source: http://autoblog.com.ar/2013/09/exclu...l-etios-cross/

Just searched around and few reports came up at http://caranddriverbrasil.uol.com.br...disfarces/6008, http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/t...il-spied-97246, http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/t...na-spied-97963

Seems like Toyota is trying to look mean with this outlook with the backing of the 1.5 ltr 90 bhp powerhorse underneath which has been applauded even in the sporty version launched here.

This outlook draws quite an attention and in that sporty color with the outfit it is wearing looks like it may appease some sporty minds...
It remains to be seen if Toyota will bring it to Indian market and at what costs.
Toyota ETIOS CROSS -> saw the car today during it's advertising shooting. This car looks far better than the "usual" ETIOS. Noticed this car during my eve. run, so without any mobile/camera. At first glance, looked like a copy of POLO cross, the external look. This CROSS (whatever!) looks far better than the standard production ETIOS, adv. shooting was in progress. Had a glance at the interiors, full black, doesn't look cheap ( w.r.t. the ETIOS when launched in India ) with roof rail, dummy bumper guard, black colour plastic lower portion of doors etc.

Not sure if it's already posted in this thread. As shooting was in progress, so guess ... it would be launched sooner than later in India as well.

MODS : Please do the needful, if this is an old news.
Old 6th January 2014, 07:23   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Toyota ETIOS CROSS -> saw the car today during it's advertising shooting. This car looks far better than the "usual" ETIOS. Noticed this car during my eve. run, so without any mobile/camera. At first glance, looked like a copy of POLO cross, the external look. This CROSS (whatever!) looks far better than the standard production ETIOS, adv. shooting was in progress. Had a glance at the interiors, full black, doesn't look cheap ( w.r.t. the ETIOS when launched in India ) with roof rail, dummy bumper guard, black colour plastic lower portion of doors etc.

Not sure if it's already posted in this thread. As shooting was in progress, so guess ... it would be launched sooner than later in India as well.
This is good news. Etios Cross definitely looks far more exciting than its earlier siblings - Etios and Liva. The success of Cross in India would, however, depend on its pricing. But if it is priced well, it can be a game changer.
Looks like Etios is going to stay. That itself is good news. They are good cars.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:45   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Looks like Etios is going to stay. That itself is good news. They are good cars.
Etios was petty much built for India. This will stay! I think they extended this to many other markets primarily because it was a flop in India. If Toyota has dedicated a full year to focus on Etios twins and have delayed all other projects, you can imagine how serious they are about this vehicle.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2014 at 14:51.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:35   #795
BHPian

Quote:
This is good news. Etios Cross definitely looks far more exciting than its earlier siblings - Etios and Liva. The success of Cross in India would, however, depend on its pricing. But if it is priced well, it can be a game changer.
Looks like Etios is going to stay. That itself is good news. They are good cars.
, This does look a lot better(Although I don't like the bumpers & other parts in black). I agree about the "game changer" part only if Toyota did something serious about the interiors.

Interiors of other Toyota's in India V/S Interiors of Etios & E.Liva = Kashmiri Pulao V/S Plain Rice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks