Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 23:18   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I have a Etios VX petrol May 2012 which has done around 9,500 km so far. No problems at this stage. No complaints even about the interiors. However, the sheet metal is a lot thinner and not thick enough. Overall, a good ownership experience so far.
Just 9500kms so far? Damn, I thought mine had less mileage compared to others here! :P
Dont commute much eh?
Old 9th June 2015, 07:04   #842
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Belongs to my wife. If it were up to her, it would not even be 2000 km in 3 years. What has made it to 9500: my brother using it when home from London (300-400 km, once a year), and me using it as an office commute 1-2 times/week(40-50 km per week).
Old 9th June 2015, 19:18   #843
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has an idea what is the cost of rear bumper replacement for Etios. Just the cost of bumper including everything. Of course paint cost is extra.
Old 11th June 2015, 10:09   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has an idea what is the cost of rear bumper replacement for Etios. Just the cost of bumper including everything. Of course paint cost is extra.
I replaced the front bumper of my Liva a few months back. The cost of the bumper came to Rs.2430/- from Nandi Toyota. Painitng and fitting was done at Trend Automobiles which is quite popular among Bangalore Bhpians. They charged Rs.3300/- all inclusive whereas Nandi Toyota quoted Rs.5000/- plus taxes.

No idea about rear bumper though, guess it could be in similar range.
Old 11th June 2015, 15:37   #845
Senior - BHPian

Yes talked to Toyota workshop. The cost of bumper and paint for Etios is around 7000 all taxes included. Paint is 4500 incl tax so bumper must be 2,500.
You paid 2430+3300=5700. Is that correct.
Old 11th June 2015, 15:42   #846
BHPian

Quote:
You paid 2430+3300=5700. Is that correct.
Yes, total I paid was 5730/-. 2430/- to Nandi Toyota for bumper alone and 3300/- to Trend Automobiles for paining and fitting.

Initially Nandi Toyota quoted 5000+taxes for painting alone. When I told them that I was going to get the paining done outside, they offered to do it at 5000 all inclusive. But I went ahead with Trend since their rate was still cheaper and there was no doubts on their quality of work.

Last edited by Edwardanto : 11th June 2015 at 16:06. Reason: Added a few more info
Edwardanto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 16:04   #847
Senior - BHPian

So in that case, the point is to save 1,000-1,500 by taking the bumper outside for paint. I have a very reliable guy who has been painting off and on my Corolla at last price of 3000 per panel. Costs do increase but this was late last year.

I will make the decision but thanks anyway.
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 16:53   #848
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here installed the red rooster performance modifications on their Etios? Or has anyone done any modifications to the engine of their car?
Old 21st July 2015, 22:46   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashver9133 View Post
Both vehicles have the same rattling sound coming from somewhere in the dashboard (seems like behind the stereo).
Had read on some forum here that this is a common issue and service centre is aware of it. It's got something to do with the airbag. I had to leave the car for a day with them to fix it. After that, 2 yrs on, no issues!
Old 22nd July 2015, 01:06   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Had read on some forum here that this is a common issue and service centre is aware of it. It's got something to do with the airbag. I had to leave the car for a day with them to fix it. After that, 2 yrs on, no issues!
Not really.
Its not the airbag. It's the stereo! My Liva GD had the rattling too, fixed it in the 2nd service.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:57   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Not really.
Its not the airbag. It's the stereo! My Liva GD had the rattling too, fixed it in the 2nd service.
I think Sadat is right, it's the stereo, if it's an aftermarket one. I also had this problem and it was fixed on my second service.

What I found out was, the space for stereo that you have for Etios/Liva is slightly bigger than the stereos available in the market. So the stereos won't fit snugly, thereby causing the rattle. Toyota service people added requisite spacers inside and solved the problem. And they did this for free, no questions asked!
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:00   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
it's the stereo, if it's an aftermarket one. I also had this problem and it was fixed on my second service.
Well mine is the stock stereo, so I think the rattling maybe due to an aftermarket stereo, but it has to be because of something else too. Will check with service guys and see if they can throw some light on that.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:10   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Well mine is the stock stereo, so I think the rattling maybe due to an aftermarket stereo, but it has to be because of something else too. Will check with service guys and see if they can throw some light on that.
Mine was also Etios VX with stock stereo and the rattle is definitely from the air bag module, which TKM dealers took their own sweet time to fix.

It sounds like you have put something in an empty jar and now you are vibrating it.

I think now most of TKM dealers know how to fix it. I think nkrishnap has described in his thread or elsewhere how to fix it. I think they dismantle the dash and wrap it tightly with tape.

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 00:44   #854
BHPian

People!
Have any of you tried wading through bonnet high water? I did today in my Liva Diesel and it started chocking when I braked on seeing a car come in the opposite. Created a huge wave and both my car and the one that came in the opposite( Jazz) got hit by the wave. After he passed, I started to move and noticed the car chocking.
Switch on my hazard lamps, backed out of the street. Scared the crap out of me because it happened sometime ago( 12:30am ) and it was raining.
Are the etios twins capable of handling situations like these? :/
Old 27th July 2015, 07:28   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

@saadat1992 lucky you. Water wading in situation described is sure way to kill the engine with hydrostatic lock. It seems the air filter got wet and you came out before water ingestion could happen.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks