Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2023, 10:12   #1036
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Hi Guys,

This is for one a friend who had a 2018 Etios GD. It's mainly used by his father and he wanted to install an infotainment system that integrates the reverse cam as well. Any model reference / help in this regards is greatly appreciated. TIA
Old 13th February 2023, 13:54   #1037
RRU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi Guys,

This is for one a friend who had a 2018 Etios GD. It's mainly used by his father and he wanted to install an infotainment system that integrates the reverse cam as well. Any model reference / help in this regards is greatly appreciated. TIA
I recently (last week) installed an infotainment system with reverse parking camera in my Etios GSP (2013) petrol. My requirements were limited to a good ICE system with Apple Carplay and fits well in the slot available.

The systems I shortlisted (after a brief R&D) were:

1) Pioneer DMH-Z5290 - received a quote of Rs.26,000 (with camera and installation) from aftermarket.

2) Sony XAV-AX5500 - received a quote of Rs.26,000 (with camera and installation) from aftermarket.

3) Blaupunkt New York 750 - received a quote of Rs.19,500 from Nandi Toyota, Whitefield and Rs.20,000 from aftermarket.

Wanted to save some money without compromising on purpose. So, went ahead with Blaupunkt. Here is my cost breakup:

System (New York 750) - Flipkart: 13,429
Blaupunkt BC-DH2.4 Camera: 2,600
2 Couplers: 700
Installation Charges: 700
Total Cost: 17,429

Got these done at Cartech, Whitefield on recommendation from the ASM of Blaupunkt i spoke to for camera options. Quite satisfied with this guy's services. Other aftermarket shops/stores recommended were Favara Car World and THE DRIFT. All in Whitefield.

Hope this information helps...
RRU is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:13   #1038

Etios Mod suggestions needed

Hey guys I own a Toyota Etios 1.5G petrol 2011 and looking forward to mod it's suspension as the steering of this car is very light. Sadly there are no aftermarket suspensions like ARC available for etios, I'll get new monroe absorbers and all the link rods, arms, bushes changed but still need stiff coilover. Anyone who has done such a mod of coilover before or knows anyone help me out. Moreover I live in Kanpur (UP), the market here for mods isn't that big and I'll definitely need to ship the parts.
Old 6th September 2023, 22:21   #1039
BHPian

Re: Etios Mod suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelburner_21 View Post
Hey guys I own a Toyota Etios 1.5G petrol 2011 and looking forward to mod it's suspension as the steering of this car is very light. Sadly there are no aftermarket suspensions like ARC available for etios, I'll get new monroe absorbers and all the link rods, arms, bushes changed but still need stiff coilover. Anyone who has done such a mod of coilover before or knows anyone help me out. Moreover I live in Kanpur (UP), the market here for mods isn't that big and I'll definitely need to ship the parts.
Sorry, didn't quite understand the relation between light steering and suspension. And again not an expert so please bear with me. Few months ago I felt there was some kind of more than usual boat like movement when the car passed over small pot holes etc. Is that what you refer to? In my case after agonizing over suspension etc, I accidentally found the solution by inflating the tyre pressure 2 PSI over the usual. Now the suspension feels tight and right.
Old 7th September 2023, 07:51   #1040
Senior - BHPian

If your concern is that your steering is too light, the easiest solution is to upsize tyres. What size are you running now?
Old 25th October 2023, 10:43   #1041

Re: Etios Mod suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Sorry, didn't quite understand the relation between light steering and suspension. And again not an expert so please bear with me. Few months ago I felt there was some kind of more than usual boat like movement when the car passed over small pot holes etc. Is that what you refer to? In my case after agonizing over suspension etc, I accidentally found the solution by inflating the tyre pressure 2 PSI over the usual. Now the suspension feels tight and right.
Suspension overall improves the stability of the car at high speeds, They stiffen and give a better response. When your suspensions are good one's, they'll give you more confidence of high speed controls. Actually my etios has many issues with the suspension, they were changed 100k kms back and only the front one's. Their ability to absorb shocks has gone down a lot, I'm looking for a whole suspension job(incl. link rods, control arms, mounting, bushing) as my friend who's owns a garage advised me to. Better to spend a little more money on better aftermarket solutions than the cost-cutted OEM one's being provided now. Gabriel are good and company provides Monroe or markxtralife which are not long lifed.
fuelburner_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 15:27   #1042
BHPian

Link to my previous post where I talk of 60,000 kms service of my Etios:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5430448 (Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review)

Update on 70,000 kms service of my Etios VX purchased on December 2015:

Service was done at 63K on the ODO.
Problem areas
  1. The clutch has started to become a bit stiff. Pickup, gear transition, drive quality etc is still top-notch.
  2. Stock brake is still going good. However at 8 years and 63K kms, I decided to get it replaced no matter if it would run a few thousand kms more. I have neither any interest in doing mental calculations of how much more the brake pads would last nor do I want to visit the service station for an unscheduled brake change visit.

Clutch
When I was doing my test rides, I was really impressed by the soft and short clutch throw of the Etios and how lovely the test drive experience was on my daily commute route at peak hour. Now with the clutch starting to become stiff, I was robbed of this delight.I went through the Etios maintenance bible maintained by BHPian Samba and found the following to ease my decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
60,000kms service update- ]

Saini Toyota once again did a great job, am happy with the over all experience with them. With the new clutch cable the clutch pedal feels atleast 30% softer than before and the gear shift also feels a bit more smoother than before.

[.[/b]

Quote:
The odometer reading is nearing the 63,000 kms mark and Etios is just back from a 2,200+ kms road trip to Bhutan & Dooars !

The stock clutch is still holding up well. No unwanted juddering or lack of power during the up hills climbs or spirited driving even with the Ac on. The only matter of complain is, the clutch pedal is not as soft as before. Its a bit hard now.
Quote:
Odo reads 99,000 km.

Did a 750 km weekend drive. It was pure bliss on the highway. With the new clutch the car was a delight to drive.

My takeaway from the above was the following -
  1. For both Samba-ji as well as me, the clutch started feeling stiff at 63K. The pleasure was beginning to fade.
  2. A clutch cable change didn’t solve the problem.
  3. The car was driven for 30K kms more but with a stiff clutch and only a replacement could bring back the smile and joy.
I told the service advisor that I wasn’t happy with the clutch and wanted it back as new again. Service advisor said that the pressure plate seems to be giving in but will easily last few more thousand kms. The Etios clutch overhaul is required only around 100K kms. I asked him to go ahead and make the change regardless of how many more thousand kms it would last. Thankfully he agreed without any further discussion.

The test drive after the servicing surpassed all expectations. For the price of a mid-end mobile phone, I have regained the pleasure of driving a new car. At 60K the engine is silky smooth and paired with a new pressure and clutch plate its whole new experience altogether.

Work done -
  1. Replace clutch plate and pressure plate

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-screenshot-20231217-14.26.53.png
    Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-screenshot-20231217-14.27.30.png

Total parts cost: Rs 6725, Total labor cost: Rs 3500

2. Oil change (semi-synthetic), oil filter and gasket
  3. Replace brake bad and brake fluid change

Total cost for this service including parts and labour was Rs 18500 /-

Parts replaced so far -

At 55K on the ODO
  1. Bush Stabilizer (2)
  2. Cushion Stabilizer (9)
  3. Link Stabilizer (2)
  4. Retainer Cushion (8)
These were done because I had reported that my car had a boat like wobble on uneven roads. These replacements made it a bit better, however I found out by accident that filling the tyres to 34 PSI completely solved the issue.

At 63K on the ODO
  1. Clutch and pressure plate assembly
  2. Brake pads

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-20231217_150013.jpg
kotirajendra is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks