Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 20:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

@ GTO: Yet to read the review fully but let me tell you this was by far your most eagerly anticipated review across T-BHP. Trust me on this one. At first glance, of course, the VFM quotient appears massive!
Old 19th December 2010, 21:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review! But the chrome strip on the boot lid reminds me of the Opel Vectra. And also if they had chosen some other color shade than the vermilion one; on both the seats and doors it would have looked better. But otherwise the interiors look ok. Fit and finish too seems to be pretty nice.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:08   #18
BHPian

Have been waiting gor this review for a long time.
Thanks GTO!! You know how they say Jeremy Clarkson's reviews usually define the success of a car, i guess you're heading in the similar direction and you could be our very own Jeremy Clarkson!!!

Geting back to the point. The car screams function over style. Here the function being, keeping the price low, and provide a good car for the Indian public.

Couple of years back, i was in a back seat with one of our client in his BMW. He was complaining that there are no cup holders in a BMW, while a Toyota has them.
One of his friends, immediately replied BMW doesn't provide cup holders, as they dont expect you to be drinking while driving, and they consider cup holders a distraction. While in a toyota it's all about making your drive as comfortable as possible.

Seems like a similar function over styling in a different scale has been the approach with Toyota Etios.
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2010, 21:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Again very nice reviews GTO. To me, the etios looks like an overgrown version of Logan. Infact, I was watching the car and bike show today and they compared the etios to the dezire and the manza. While siddharth was driving the etios, a logan was following it in one of the clips and both the cars looked strikingly similar even from the front.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

DZire has competition and how! DZire sells because it is a well rounded package where postives outweigh negatives, and looks like Toyota has exceeded in the exact same criteria.

Hope Maruti has answers when the next generation Swift comes in!

Etios Liva will be a revolution, specially with a diesel!
Old 19th December 2010, 21:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

So not really bad as expected. Quality is definately not what we have seen from Toyota. But fine...they did indicate that this car is for the masses and for emerging markets. I wonder what steps will Maruti and Tata will take to counter.

I see mentioned that an USB/AUX in will be provided as an accessory. Any idea how will it be integrated with the audio system?
Old 19th December 2010, 21:21   #22
BHPian

i still feel like this a truly "unlike toyota" product! ..

Unlike the quality feel you usually get
Unlike the please all exterior styling - its infact very boring i should say
Unlike the please all interior styling - looks very unfashionable!

Truly Confused! Dont know what to make of it! I really wish we could have got the Vios and Yaris instead!
Old 19th December 2010, 21:27   #23
BHPian

Amazing review GTO.. After coming across team-bhp I have completely stopped looking elsewhere.. Did the photo shoot of my new car today and me and my friends were discussing team-bhp and GTO throughout

Have been waiting for this one. As a friend has booked the car and was contemplating whether it is a good decision or not.. Would really help.

Anyway.. Have obviously read the whole article but if you were to compare the car with manza and dzire and especially the interior quality then what's your preference?? And not that they are in the same segment but how does the car stand against SX4 and City?? Asking all that because the car ventures in to at least sx4's price bracket.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

A Decently Handsome Car with "no frills" what so ever.
i20,Dzire,Manza, ANHC,Vento and Linea could be in trouble??

Toyota's are known for their Huge OVRM's (which i Love by the way) . Why reduce the size on the ETIOS?

Kudo's GTO , Great review as usual !
Old 19th December 2010, 21:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

^^This is indeed would be a game changer for sedans. A great review, as always!

Just a query- are the windows tinted by default or is it done specially for the tested version?
Old 19th December 2010, 21:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you Sid! I was just hoping you don't beat me to this one, going by your scoop records
*stern smile*..I haven't seen this car in person yet.

The VX comes with DVD MP3 player and the V variants come with single CD/MP3 player. The USB/aux-in jack will be provided as an accessory for about 650-700 bucks and will be fitted at the back of the audio system and I think will come in from the glovebox like that of the cedia. J and G variants do not come with an audio at all.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:53   #27
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review GTO. I've started liking this car, though the rear chrome strip is a overdo. The car is quite well-proportioned. And I like the interiors too, even though they may be a bit quirky or flashy.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:59   #28
BHPian

Great review as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Current level of localisation is 70%.
It seems TOYOTA wants to sell ETIOS with much higher localised content. This is clearly reflected by the current waiting period of over 9-10 months!
10 months to clear 12 k bookings!
Probably, they are not ready with the plant as yet, otherwise going by their claim of 70 k production per year, the cars should be delivered by March 2011 (even if the Liva nos. are added)

TOYOTA should clear this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
No adjustable head restraints in any model, not even on VX.

Accent replacement? perhaps another transformation?
Do we see a new thread coming!

Last edited by Zappo : 20th December 2010 at 09:16. Reason: Do not make consecutive posts. Use multiquote button to respond to all at one go.
Old 19th December 2010, 22:10   #29
BHPian

I would think that when the diesel version is launched it will be the first choice in the taxi segment like Qualis and it will rule the roost. Death knell for Logan & may be indigo marina. God bless competition
Old 19th December 2010, 22:16   #30
BHPian

Hi,
In the first round, testdrive cars are getting delivered to dealers in 3rd week of december,customer deliveries start Jan onwards. Answering breezydrive,it will not take 10 months to clear 12k order bookings,target is 50k ,order bookings,going by the demand,looks like it will go the fortuner way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks