Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:41   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Toyota Etios 2017 will have automatic transmission, new look and revised engines - For Brazil. No India plans known yet.

Quote:
By all indications, chosen by Toyota transmission will be a box already known of Brazilians: the four-speed automatic transmission used by the last generation of the Corolla
The feature will be offered in both hatchback and sedan body.

Quote:
As anticipated by the end of the mark in the past "are new engines 1.3 and 1.5, different from the current". Both are produced in the factory of Porto Feliz (São Paulo) and promise best power numbers, consumption and, above all, emissions. With all of this will come a slight retouching in visual, with changes to the grille, bumper and headlights.

http://carplace.uol.com.br/toyota-et...res-revisados/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 18:55   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

More leaked info on the 2017 Etios - will get the 4 speed AT, a six-speed manual, updated interiors with digital panel and a more powerful modified engine - Brazilian Market

Options like 2 tone dash, cruise control will be made available.
Quote:
From now on, the 1.3 and 1.5 blocks are 9% more econ micos and come out with Dual VVTi command. In addition, they were more powerful: the smallest offset passes 90 cv to 98 HP, while the strongest jumps of 96.5 HP for 107 HP

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-novotoyotaetios2017620x417.jpg
Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-novotoyotaetios2017paineldigital620x439.jpg
Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-novidadesetios2017620x445.jpg

http://carplace.uol.com.br/vazou-eti...ainel-digital/
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 09:29   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More leaked info on the 2017 Etios - will get the 4 speed AT, a six-speed manual, updated interiors with digital panel and a more powerful modified engine - Brazilian Market

Options like 2 tone dash, cruise control will be made available.

Hope that Toyota brings this to India as well.

Yesterday I took a test drive of 1.5 petrol and boy I was so impressed. The engine is just so peppy. I guess the diesel and the petrol are at opposite ends in terms of peppiness. Also, the car was just so comfortable to drive. It hardly took me a few seconds to get comfortable driving it.

But sad looks, boring interiors & lack of features at this price point does not make it a worthy buy.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 9th April 2016 at 09:31.
Old 9th April 2016, 15:22   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Yesterday I took a test drive of 1.5 petrol and boy I was so impressed. The engine is just so peppy. I guess the diesel and the petrol are at opposite ends in terms of peppiness. Also, the car was just so comfortable to drive. It hardly took me a few seconds to get comfortable driving it.

But sad looks, boring interiors & lack of features at this price point does not make it a worthy buy.
Diesel isn't sluggish. The lag is very minimal. You need to be in the right gear & it never disappoints. I've kept up with petrol versions & other big boys on the highways. This is no MJD, but it certainly is a drivable unit.
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 15:27   #890
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling this won't make it to India. We're supposed to get the Vios by 2018. I think Toyota will be preparing for the Production of the Vios and not really care too much about the Etios.
Old 10th April 2016, 13:42   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Before buying the Etios, I pretty much TDed almost all cars below 13 OTR. I couldn't get my mind of the drive-ability, seating comfort , lack of blind spots, and cost of ownership and safety. It has 2 airbags, ABS , seat belt pre-tensioners and NCAP rating of 4 star. All the basics were there at a cost of 8.2 L OTR ( my price - last november). Now if you laid down a costing sheet in front of me and asked me to start paying additional for each feature that makes the difference between the etios and say something like a honda city then I would just walk away. For me the Etios was the minimum "real sedan" to buy. I did a 1200 Km drive 2 weeks ago and there was no driver fatigue.
kotirajendra is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 12:55   #892
Senior - BHPian

Recently I drove a friends Etios. It has a fantastic engine. The huge booth could swallow 6 medium size bags. The driveability is also excellent. Overall I found it to be a very well engineered car. But biggest let-down was its interiors. I don't know why but I was too distracted with center mounted instrument cluster. As this design is disliked by many people, I thought Toyota would change it in Etios upgrade, but pictures above show instrument cluster still on center fascia. I would love to buy Etios but it just won't happen because of the interiors.
Old 14th April 2016, 13:55   #893
BHPian

Much needed improvements but doubt they'll make it here anytime sooner. Looks neat though. The best in class engines get a shot in the arm. Just improve the interior quality & make the diesel clutch lighter. Rest is spot on.

For folks saying this diesel is not as great as the petrol, take a spin. The most sedate diesel around. Hands down.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:20   #894
BHPian

I didn't like the center console one bit. On a scale of 1-10, it ranked 10 in terms of don't like.
Just before I TDed Etios, I had taken a TD of Zest. The sales man told me that the steering could be tilt adjusted and I adjusted it for my comfort. To my dismay the steering wheel blocked my view of the console; it was a put-off.
After that experience, my dislike rating dropped from 10 to 4. At 4 it wasn't such an issue at all; I could see some function.
I really think that the console, even by maintaining its center position could have been designed better. Its a low hanging fruit that can be easily solved. I saw in an earlier post on this thread some pics of the console and it seems that Toyota is addressing it.
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:14   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Etios in Brazil- detail video,

Source -Noticias Automotivas
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:30   #896
BHPian

Thats a nice dashboard. It would be fantastic if existing Etios owners could get this console as an upgrade. The touch screen MID was available in the Etios Xclusive edition.
Old 9th May 2016, 14:05   #897
BHPian

Re: Refreshed Toyota Etios spotted on test

What is the typical mileage of Etios? I was considering it, but got a bit turned off by the taxi image in the last year or so.

I wonder if it will affect the facelift too?
Old 11th May 2016, 11:25   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
What is the typical mileage of Etios? I was considering it, but got a bit turned off by the taxi image in the last year or so.

I wonder if it will affect the facelift too?
My petrol Etios gives 9.5 kmpl in the city and 13.5 kmpl on the highway.
Old 11th May 2016, 17:51   #899
BHPian

11-12 in city and 15 on highway. Caveat - I am a sedate driver.
Old 30th July 2016, 13:39   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I don't know why but I was too distracted with center mounted instrument cluster.
Interestingly, I found the center mounted meter a blessing.. at 6ft, I had problems in most cars.. even throwing in steering adjustment and seat height adjustment.. sometimes the posture was not right, sometimes the steering wheel angle wasn't. But with the center mount, I can see it in my peripheral vision.

Although I agree that its pretty different from the usual position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks