Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 15:27   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Platinum Limited Edition launched at Rs. 7.84 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Toyota may not want to have two cars in C segment. Yaris is almost certainly coming in India though several reports have indicated that it may not be offered with a oil burner; this launch is just another attempt to keep the assembly line running with some alterations here and there.

Etios is on its way out as beyond the standard "Toyota Reliability Tag" there is nothing more to report about this car that may attract buyers shopping in this segment.

Nissan Sunny & Toyota Etios can go hand in hand !!!
The Etios isn't a car people would like as a daily drive. Interiors are blah, diesel lacks power, poor NVH, limited features, and boring looks.

But then when you scratch below the surface, you realize:
- balanced ride and handling
- decent safety relative to competition
- it's one of the rare cars that can seat 2 6 footers one behind the other with ample legroom and headroom
- HUGE trunk!
- ample Ground Clearance - a fully loaded etios will barely scrape most speed breakers unlike some of it's counter parts.
- superb Fuel Economy - We did a 700-800 kms road trip around Rajasthan and not once did the driver stop to fill up the tank.

Therefore as a beater / chauffeur driven / taxi usage the car is quite brilliant!

The Yaris will probably not replace the Etios. There is no doubt it is going to be priced at a premium to the Etios and will take the fight to the next level (Verna / City).
I am a little pessimistic as to how it would survive in that segment though.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 09:41   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota has quietly introduced the Etios Platinum Limited Edition in India. It is available in VX trim with a petrol or diesel engine and is priced at Rs. 7,83,900 for the petrol and Rs. 8,93,900 for the diesel model.
Limited edition VXD pictures

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0004.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0003.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0002.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0008.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0007.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0006.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img20180412wa0005.jpg

New colours, touchscreen infotainment system and seat colour options.

e-brochure

[ATTACH=e-brochure-platinum-etios-le.pdf]1751445[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-platinum-etios-le.pdf (734.4 KB, 1353 views)

Last edited by ampere : 13th April 2018 at 15:22. Reason: back to back posts merged
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:52   #993
MMV
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Etios should continue as a C1 car as Yaris is positioned well above. Also it's still preferred by fleet owners and a no no nonsense car with powerful engine and excellent driveability for many private owners too.

IMO Toyota should stop Liva and go for a new hatch based on Yaris.
Old 20th September 2018, 20:30   #994
BHPian

Toyota has achieved sales milestone of 4 Lakh units for the Etios Series.

Etios series consists of Platinum Etios, Etios Liva and Etios Cross. The Etios line up was first launched in 2011.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/toyota-se...series-1919656
Quote:
In fact it was with the Etios series set a safety benchmark in the industry by becoming the first in segment to standardize dual SRS airbags and ABS with EBD across all grades, Front Seat Belts with Pre Tensioner & Force Limiter, Isofix Child Seat Locks for all models and all grades. The made-in India Etios has bagged 4 Stars at a crash test campaign organized by Global NCAP as well, which speaks volumes of its build quality.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 19:25   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota introduced this new shade in blue for their Platinum Etios.

Physically with the new alloys and this color, the car is looking good.

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img_0503.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img_0517.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-img_0518.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 2nd April 2019 at 19:27.
Samba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 11:21   #996
BHPian

Folks from Pune - which is a better for servicing? Shaw, Sharayu or Kothari?
I have been to Sharayu and I found them to be lacking in organizing their operations properly. Even after taking the earliest appointment it took almost an entire day for them to complete the servicing. DSK on the other hand was very efficient and organized in this respect. Cannot comment much on how good was the servicing as I don't have a way to judge the effectiveness.

@Mods - I am cross posting this to other Toyota topics just to get a wider opinion. Hope its ok.
Old 18th November 2019, 17:05   #997
BHPian

Had an obscure observation on the Etios. Hope this is the right place to share.

I had occasion yesterday to use the spare tyre in my 2011 Etios V. Consulted the handy guide on T-bhp for peace of mind (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...at-tyre-2.html (Pictorial Guide: How to change a flat tyre!)).

The job itself went easily enough, but noticed something odd. Since the spare is not an alloy, the design is naturally quite different. There is a central nut in the wheel assembly that, in the regular alloy wheels, gets covered by the wheel hub. But in the spare wheel, it pokes through the centre.
I guess this nut is covered by the hub-cap of a regular steel-wheeled Etios, but since the spare doesn't have a cap, it just pokes through bare. (see pics).

It just looks really "wrong" to me - as if a central bolt is missing and wheel isn't fully secured. Plus I'm afraid grime will collect on the threads of the nut. Wish Toyota had provided a cap or extra bolt along with the spare, to mount on this central nut. In fact I looked hard for some such fitment in the spare wheel storage, with no luck.

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-spare2.jpg

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-spare1.jpg
Old 29th December 2019, 10:29   #998
BHPian

I recently had a shocking experience with my Toyota dealer. The AC in my Etios Petrol (V) was not working and gave the vehicle for service on 27th Dec morning. By 28th Dec afternoon, I had to call twice before the service engineer gave the following oral estimate. A written estimate has still not come and the service engineer has indicated that the vehicle may be ready only by 31st Dec.

a. Regular service cost - 30,000.

1 lakh km service
4 new tyres
Headlamp polishing

b. AC repair - 38000

Changing magnetic clutch

c. Other issues - 17000

Change of front shock absorbers
Changing rear beam bush

Total cost - 85000 (all costs including GST)

I was shocked seeing this figure considering that my 8 1/2 years vehicle is due for replacement in a year or two. Just a background information about the dealer. I had not felt service quality or cost issue before with this Toyota dealer. There is one significant change now. They do not have any vehicles for sales now. They do not have a single car of Altis, Fortuner, Etios, Liva and Yaris. Crysta alone is being supplied in limited numbers. Toyota has reportedly cut supplies before they launch their BS 6 versions in March 2020.

Is it possible that the dealer is fleecing customers to cover up their drop in sales? In such a case, TKM staff should intervene and solve the issue. I request senior BHPians to comment if the costs given above are reasonable. I am reasonably certain that the jobs mentioned above need to be done and there is probably no question of whether any of this can be avoided. The only question is how reasonable the estimate is. I request TKM staff to PM me so that I can share my contact information for a detailed conversation.

I appreciate some quick help.

Last edited by amateurpro : 29th December 2019 at 10:31.
Old 29th December 2019, 10:31   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
I recently had a shocking experience with my Toyota dealer.
I suggest that you raise this with Toyota and see what they have to say. The estimates look unusually very high to me.

Last edited by searacer932 : 29th December 2019 at 10:36.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 10:34   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I suggest that you raise this with Toyota and see what they have to say. The estimates look usually very high to me.

Thank you. I shall do that.
Old 29th December 2019, 10:54   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
I recently had a shocking experience with my Toyota dealer.

a. Regular service cost - 30,000.

1 lakh km service
4 new tyres
Headlamp polishing

b. AC repair - 38000

Changing magnetic clutch

c. Other issues - 17000

Change of front shock absorbers
Changing rear beam bush

Total cost - 85000 (all costs including GST)
I hope that you have an itemised bill, that gives the material (spares) list and labour charges separately. For all spares that were changed, ask the dealer to show the old spares and justify why they were replaced.

Then if you are not convinced then while raising a query or complaint to Toyota, attach the itemised bill and also photos of old spares to make your query / complaint show the genuine concern of yours.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 13:39   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I hope that you have an itemised bill, that gives the material (spares) list and labour charges separately. For all spares that were changed, ask the dealer to show the old spares and justify why they were replaced.

Then if you are not convinced then while raising a query or complaint to Toyota, attach the itemised bill and also photos of old spares to make your query / complaint show the genuine concern of yours.

Many thanks. Since I have not been given a detailed estimate two days after leaving my vehicle, I called up Toyota customer care and informed them of the issue. They should hopefully resolve the issue by Monday. I will have the estimate and bill checked item-wise as you have suggested. TKM's direct involvement would also help.
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:57   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. Since I have not been given a detailed estimate two days after leaving my vehicle, I called up Toyota customer care and informed them of the issue. They should hopefully resolve the issue by Monday. I will have the estimate and bill checked item-wise as you have suggested. TKM's direct involvement would also help.
Would appreciate if you can post what happened post you raised the issue with Toyota customer care. Generally, such experiences are limited to Germans but new to me considering it is Toyota.

Would be good for everyone to know the actual cost you paid and what all work/replacement was carried out.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 04:17   #1004
BHPian

To cut the long story short, a senior service person from the dealer got involved and presented a detailed estimate on the 3rd day. For air conditioning, they had to change the coil assembly for condenser and hence the high cost. They offered a discount of 10% on the total bill value and the servicing was done to my satisfaction at a little over 78 grand. I know it was high for Etios but my car had undergone some damage in Chennai rains in 2019. No one from Toyota spoke to me during this period but they must have put in a word to the dealer to handle this. I must say that they did a good job in the end despite the initial delay in presenting an itemised estimate.

The car feels as good as new again. But I should seriously look at an upgrade considering the possible escalation in service cost for a 9 year old car.

A C2 sedan is in my consideration as they score well over the crossovers or mini SUVs on comfort. I started liking Yaris too as a good 4-seater car. How often do I take a 5th passenger? Yaris looks and feels the most sturdier among the C2 sedans. But it feels expensive for what it offers. I see better value in the evergreen City with its unmatched engine and the new improved Verna. My mind is tilting towards Verna 2020 at this moment. Considering the performance, reliability, and space, an updated Honda City could not be ruled out. I would wait for the launch of new petrol engines matching BS6 norms.
amateurpro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 06:50   #1005
BHPian

Toyota should not have phased out the petrol Etios and liva. They are still great VFM vehicles and have the ability to be both a family run of the mill car and an enthusiast's choice this side of 10 lacs besides the Honda city. I can live without a few features but the reliability of this vehicle is something that is found amiss amongst the competitors. Etios. You will be missed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks