Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 18:25   #3136
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Now this one is the last color on my mind until I saw rocky biege in flesh. I was not at all considering to buy this one and was most convinced with a red one. Iam more confused now after seeing this color. Sales executive told me that there are 4 black, 2 rocky biege and 2 white sold by him but no red.
Please suggest.
Dude, my two cents...RED THAR !!!

Also, from what I infer from your earlier posts you're looking at this baby to be a real head-turner, a show (traffic) stopper and trust me a Red Thar after a small dosage of Vitamin-M will be everything you've ever wanted !!!
Old 30th September 2014, 18:34   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I booked a Thar CRDe on 25th of September with Punjab Auto here in Ahmadabad
1. Congratsss on booking a new Thar, wishing you many wonderful miles ahead

2. Punjab Auto in Ahemdabad ... now that's true national integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
They are charging (ripping is the proper word) around Rs. 35,000 for zero dep insurance and you do not have the option of getting your car insured on your own!! So they overcharge 7,000 rupees and you cannot buy Thar if you do not buy insurance from the dealer!! What is Mahindra doing?
Dude, I've generally seen that raising these critical issues to Mr. Mahindra directly on social media solicits a response from the correct people in the food chain. Suggest you to tweet him directly with your experience.
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:43   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post

Also, from what I infer from your earlier posts you're looking at this baby to be a real head-turner, a show (traffic) stopper and trust me a Red Thar after a small dosage of Vitamin-M will be everything you've ever wanted !!!
I take your point. but once you see a RB in flesh the heart will bound to change
Old 4th October 2014, 19:06   #3139
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I would like to mention two very important observations:

Statistics on Thar threads on TeamBHP:
Total number of views = 68,39,810 (sixty-eight lakh hits is not bad by any stretch of the imagination!). Total number of replies = 14,798. Percentage of replies with respect to views = 0.22%. This means that 99.78% of the people who read the posts on TeamBHP do not reply but they do read very carefully, they observe very precisely, they digest the information completely and take informed decisions. So, thank you my dear 99.78% friends, you are the backbone of success! .

Thar in Hindi movie:
I do not watch Hindi films (no time, not much inclination). However, recently a colleague in my office mentioned the Hindi movie called "Chennai Express" to me. He also gave me the whole movie in a pen drive. He told me to see it on a holiday. Yesterday was a holiday. I saw it, oh my god, this is one crazy movie, I just could not stop laughing, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Then, around halfway through the movie, I suddenly realized why my colleague wanted me to see this thingy. The hero Shahrukh Khan was driving a red Thar CRDe, that too with the windshield glass folded down! Wow, I loved it! Paisa Vasool! .

Some day, when I can afford it and I have secure parking place, I will buy it and use it with the windshield glass folded down!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 01:51   #3140

NCR jeepers: (Sorry for OT) Does anyone have the Thar OE soft top/fender flares for sale? The NGCS 550 is almost done and I was hoping for some hand-me-downs from jeepers with hard tops and custom flares.

BD Sir: It won't be quite like Chennai express, but I plan to be seen in a black 550 soon.
Old 8th October 2014, 10:10   #3141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjeet_Singh View Post
Does anyone have the Thar OE soft top / fender flares for sale? The NGCS 550 is almost done and I was hoping for some hand-me-downs from jeepers with hard tops and custom flares. I plan to be seen in a black 550 soon.
Dear Manjeet - thank you for your reply. If you get the fender extensions, paint them black with PU based paint (shining or dull is your choice) before you fit but please don't keep them silver, for God's sake! Please use M6*1.0 thread size flanged nuts and bolts, these are used extensively in all cars and are available in any auto parts shop. Please do not use the screws which are used in production Thar. If you don't use these screws, the fender extensions will become loose very soon. If you want a new canopy, send me a PM, the vendor is in Pune only. The only issue is cost.

A nicely restored black MM550 with the production Thar CRDe canopy, fitted exactly like in Thar (there are two types of superstructures ) will look really good!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 12:47   #3142

The fender extensions have been procured and painted dull black, and will inform the mech to install as suggested.

I don't quite have PM privileges yet. If you can PM me the cost, that would be great.

Thank you very much.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:38   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all

Statistics on Thar threads on TeamBHP:
Total number of views = 68,39,810 (sixty-eight lakh hits is not bad by any stretch of the imagination!). Total number of replies = 14,798. Percentage of replies with respect to views = 0.22%. This means that 99.78% of the people who read the posts on TeamBHP do not reply but they do read very carefully, they observe very precisely, they digest the information completely and take informed decisions. So, thank you my dear 99.78% friends, you are the backbone of success! .
and one person out of the above 99.78% did actually buy the Thar... it would be interesting to note how many actually fell in love with the Thar.
Old 8th October 2014, 15:46   #3144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
One person out of the above 99.78% did actually buy the Thar, it would be interesting to note how many actually fell in love with the Thar.
Dear Shivshanker - yes, this would be a very interesting and a wonderful exercise indeed. Let the poll begin.

Also, the primary reason for me to come on TeamBHP was to connect with like minded and auto-passionate people like you and gain valuable insights into the wonderful world of "Customer-Centricity", in real terms and in real time. So thank you TeamBHP! .

Dear Manjeet - OK, I'll ask the vendor and tell you by PM. Knowing the guy, please be prepared for a surprise! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 01:50   #3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
and one person out of the above 99.78% did actually buy the Thar... it would be interesting to note how many actually fell in love with the Thar.
This is my first post and dude what a way to start. I roamed around on each and every thread related to Thar and finally bought a black one in April,2014. I'm using my Thar almost every day and I must admit I LOVE MY THAR. There comes the first vote.
SpeedyS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:10   #3146
Senior - BHPian

Continuing my story of prebooking. I have got a confirmation from dealer that I can book thar in the month of december and it will take almost 40 days to get me a 2015 make Thar in January itself. Good news for me but I am still contemplating between a red and RB color
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 17:48   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Continuing my story of prebooking. I have got a confirmation from dealer that I can book thar in the month of december and it will take almost 40 days to get me a 2015 make Thar in January itself. Good news for me but I am still contemplating between a red and RB color
Buy either of the color and later when you feel bore with one color wrap the car with a color of your choice .
Old 13th October 2014, 14:33   #3148

I drove my 2 months old THAR CRDE from Delhi to Ranchi (1250 km) and back three days later with a friend. We started at 5.30 am and reached Ranchi before midnight. We will take good 3 stoppage (45 mins each) to take proper rest for both us and the vehicle. We also had to stop for fuel at least 3 times. Overall Mileage - 9 kmpl. Route taken (NOIDA->expressway to AGRA->Kanpur->Allahabad->Varansi->Barhi->Ranchi. We drove at high speed, 120+ most of the time but were slowing down while crossing villages/cities. I must say that all my apprehensions regarding highway driving comfort were proven wrong. The vehicle was very stable at high speed and we thoroughly enjoyed the drive. The hard seats proved to be helpful as there wasn't much fatigue at the end of the journey. So far so good with the THAR. Coolant spill is the only issue I have noticed so far.
Old 13th October 2014, 15:54   #3149
BHPian

Repost : thought I'd move this to a more active thread.

I found a similar torsion bar setup for the 1998-2010 ford ranger. I know going with the torsion keys is not a good idea but for a modest 2" lift, i arguably don't see why not.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...spension.shtml

check out the details under the 1998-2010 Ford Ranger 4WD Front Suspension. This setup is very similar to that on the Thar (My opinion)

Many sites also suggest using a torsion bar unload tool as well.

I wonder if I could use a bolt on Ranger lift kit (complete upper arms) or just the torsion keys.

I believe that the Toyota LC80 torsions bars can be used as well.. with a little bit of jugaad.

Any thoughts on this ??
Old 15th October 2014, 10:04   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
I was always confused between Silver and Rocky Beige. Black is a great color but you will need to take a lot of care to keep the paint flashy. All minor defects in the paint show in black. Silver and Beige will not show dust as easily. However after getting the Toreador Red Thar - cannot think of any other color. Go Red !
I agree now. will buy red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Simple suggestion - no modifications (hard-top, etc), go with black
Many modifications - go with Rocky Beige, the contrast between the body and soft-top stands out in the Rocky Beige!
I am in total love with RB but its an army color and quite frequently seen in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
I have made up my mind for Thar. even the Thar brochures showcases red ones

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks