Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 00:21   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: The Force Gurkha 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Here is a trip down the memory lane with "Only one black color "ideal vehicle" ever existed"

Here is a reminder of "huge stickers on the body, aftermarket seat covers and Mary Poppins ribbon cross on top of the driver's head!"

Contrast is clearly visible in the Black vs the Orange and Red colours.
Have you noted the Snorkel (or whatever that is) on the Orangee. The routing is strange isn't it?

Last edited by 1100D : 8th January 2015 at 00:23.
Old 8th January 2015, 00:49   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Have you noted the Snorkel (or whatever that is) on the Orangee. The routing is strange isn't it?
Not sure, but looks like a dummy snorkel to me.
Old 8th January 2015, 12:06   #3273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Here is a trip down the memory lane with[i] "Only one black color "ideal vehicle" ever existed". Here is a reminder of "huge stickers on the body, aftermarket seat covers and Mary Poppins ribbon cross on top of the driver's head!"
Dear Parm - hello after a very long time, how are you? Thank you for the photographs, it is indeed nice to see them, especially the second and the third ones!

So, isn't it nice to see "From a Dream" - "To Reality"? This, is the "Power of the Dream"! (Sirs, if you are reading this, this gift is for you, enjoy!).

As far as the "dhinchak" color is concerned, I am not talking about the orange color, I meant the "limited edition". Those vehicles look really yucky in brown color. I cannot think of any other word to describe how they look. Brown does not suit the MM shape at all, again a clear case of "common availability" - sigh! One of my friends actually went out there and bought one! He actually paid more money to buy it and now he has removed all the stickers and the seat covers. He wants me to help him to paint it in black color, good gosh! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:00   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Parm - hello after a very long time, how are you? Thank you for the photographs, it is indeed nice to see them, especially the second and the third ones!

So, isn't it nice to see "From a Dream" - "To Reality"? This, is the "Power of the Dream"! (Sirs, if you are reading this, this gift is for you, enjoy!).

As far as the "dhinchak" color is concerned, I am not talking about the orange color, I meant the "limited edition". Those vehicles look really yucky in brown color. I cannot think of any other word to describe how they look. Brown does not suit the MM shape at all, again a clear case of "common availability" - sigh! One of my friends actually went out there and bought one! He actually paid more money to buy it and now he has removed all the stickers and the seat covers. He wants me to help him to paint it in black color, good gosh! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Beloved Bawa Ji, its always a pleasure to be in touch with you, even after a very long time.

As a wise man said > With the change of times, people move on, ideas move on and those who don't move with the change of times, gets left behind.

Acchey din aa rahey hain (Good days are coming soon)
Old 9th January 2015, 12:30   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend View Post
Quote:
Dear Parm

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
BD sir, I am quoting one old snap of 2012 Thar expedition model in brown color from this thread itself. It looks that this color is not new to us and it was offered at that time too. surprisingly it was never introduced as a regular color.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 9th January 2015 at 12:31.
Old 18th January 2015, 15:47   #3276
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Got Delivery of The Thar a few days back. Surprisingly, the dealership - Global Gallarie Vasai, still haven't given me the Service manual and warranty card. Initially they said it has to come from their Thane dealership, and last evening they said that its not at Thane too

Now they say it will have to come from the company and will take few more days??

But, The vehicle, The Thar is awesome. Just love it. Can't get enough of it at the moment...Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_20150118_134631.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_20150114_130955.jpg
Magnaspectre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 06:55   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
Got Delivery of The Thar a few days back. Surprisingly, the dealership - Global Gallarie Vasai, still haven't given me the Service manual and warranty card. Initially they said it has to come from their Thane dealership, and last evening they said that its not at Thane too

Now they say it will have to come from the company and will take few more days??

But, The vehicle, The Thar is awesome. Just love it. Can't get enough of it at the moment..
please check and reconcile all receipts received against prices quoted to you at the time of sale. You might want to buy me a gift after that.
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 09:01   #3278

congratulations @magnaspectre

That's the same colour as mine. I bought my Thar on 2nd Jan. But it is manufactured in Dec 2014. Is yours a 2015 model or 2014?

Do let me know if you notice a grinding churning sound from under the jeep? the front tyres particularly.

Neither Mahindra nor the suggestions here have been able to fix it for me. My only resort now is to listen to desertfox's advise of taking it to Gurgaon's RR Auto.

Congratulations once again - but

booklet and receipts should be checked and given to you upfront at the time of vehicle delivery. You should insist for your copy and if you do not get it, let me know - I know the North India sales head for Mahindra. He can certainly impress upon the guy in your area to have this expedited.

paper work must always be completed as a rule.

su
Sanket.u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 14:20   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mahindra has started testing a facelifted version of the Thar.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Motorbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Alas - one more disaster!

The Mahindras seem to be heading the Maruti way, every refresh making the design worse!

1) The slope given at the rear is unwarranted, yes, the Jeep Wrangler has a slope, but is also has the A and B pillars sloping inwards unlike the Thar, where they are vertical! 5 people sitting at the rear is going to be difficult!

2) As it is, the shorter rear wheel-track (compared to the front) looks odd with the current fender extensions. Now with the extended fender extensions, it sure makes it worse! At least, they could have equalized the wheel-tracks front & rear, it is not 'that' much of an engineering exercise!

Just hope that the dash is a genuine 'improvement' over the previous one.

The timeless design of the 540 is doubtless lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
Too bad the snapper couldn't catch the face of the face-lift!

I guess the dashboard may not be a jugaad of the Bolero's former dash. Or it maybe a jugaad of the Bolero's latest dash.
The fender extensions look a tad too wide for OEM tyres, but of course prevents mud from splattering all over the sides. They could have upgraded the tail lamps and front blinkers to LED units. But I like the bend in the C pillar.

Actually they should just introduce a higher model with:
  • the Quanto's 3 cyl engine
  • an OEM hard top
  • Second row front-facing seats, with the front seats collapsing to give way
  • ABS, EBD, and Air Bags
  • Immobilizer
  • 4x4 (duh!!)
And they can retain the current CRDe, with differential lockers, and maybe add a snorkel, and keep it for the hardcore enthusiasts.

But, when the 2 new Mahindra SUVs come in this year, we will know for sure why they have done only this much.
I got a call today from sales executive of Mahindra that my Thar in in transit and it will be delivered anytime within this week and now this news
Should I wait for the new uplifted Thar on the cards or go by the one on the way. Secondly price has shot up by 21k OTR because of excise

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 19th January 2015 at 14:22.
Old 19th January 2015, 20:02   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bopannaji - hello, how are you? Long time no see, let's catch up sometime!

You have already written exactly what I would have written, so there is nothing for me to comment, except that - guys, buy it before the "Primary USP of Timelessness of the Outside Appearance" is lost forever! (Ruchir, this goes for you too dude, buy it, quick)!

As I always live with hope, this time also I hope that good sense prevails and the outside appearance will be left unchanged. The tilt of the canopy looks absolutely hideous! .

Dear Vinod - as "they" would have "gone ahead" (whatever that means) but the least you can do is retain the current canopy size and shape and introduce color combination canopies. Burgandy red canopy on a white vehicle will look beautiful, both of us know that we always wanted to do this combination to give it that superb look! Oh come on now, it's been 4 years now! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thanks BD sir, your input has really come at a right time. I am going ahead with my booked Thar. I have requested for a TD & PDI which they agreed but is asking to make all payments in advance. They also mentioned that if there will be any issue in the model, I have a right to say No. Should I pay them in advance?
Old 20th January 2015, 12:02   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th January 2015 at 12:56.
ruchirtnt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th January 2015, 12:26   #3282
Senior - BHPian

The person who was responsible for Thar to be a reality has already offered you his suggestion.
I do not know if it makes sense for me to comment, but having seen your queries about 265 section tyres, additional lights and stuff, maybe you would also like better interiors and those fender extensions would help with those extra wide tyres.
Cheers,
Deepak

PS: I would pick the current version
Old 20th January 2015, 14:37   #3283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
I would pick the current version.
Dear Deepak - you are absolutely correct, so would I. Actually I am seriously thinking of buying one in black color. Besides the steep price, the only reason why I have not bought so far is absence of secure parking for it in Mumbai, which I don't have! .

Dear Ruchir - reply to your query - "they also mentioned that if there will be any issue in the model, I have a right to say no. Should I pay them in advance?" - they will say anything, it means nothing, you must ruthlessly protect your interest! Of course they will ask for full payment and of course you must refuse! Drive it first, satisfy yourself that everything is OK and then only make payment. Also ensure that you put the vehicle in their secure parking spot and insist that they shall not move it at all from the time that you make the payment to the time that you take delivery. If you first make the payment and then something is not OK, will you have the time, the energy and the inclination to fight the system? Oh come on now, you must be joking!

(by the way, I bought my Alto K10 in exactly the same way - "no payment before test drive, one cheque, date and time of delivery pre-determined, take it, drive out, thank you very much, end of story!"). .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 22nd January 2015, 03:19   #3284
BHPian

Thank you @ shivshanker & Sanket.u

I have received all the receipts,etc for the payments made. I'm only waiting on the service manual and warranty cards. I shall wait a couple more days, hope the dealership will get me all the paperwork by then.

@Sanket.u : Mine is still a 2014 model Thar. I have not noticed and un-usual sounds from the vehicle as yet.
Old 9th February 2015, 22:01   #3285

Thar accessories and fabs in Chennai?

Hello everyone,

So, I booked a Mahindra Thar CRDE, 2014, Rocky Beige a couple of weeks back and then changed it to a 2015 model and am waiting for its delivery (5 - 6 weeks). I also ordered the SA rollbar, center console and their basic ICE as accessories.

I see that there is Bimbra up north, new mars in hyderabad, swastik in bengaluru. I don't see a lot of options when it comes to Thar fabs and mods in Chennai.

While I don't plan on modifying the Thar a ton rightaway - not having a trusted place to do the things that ASC guys don't take care is worrisome.

When I placed the order for the SA Rollbar, the India Garage guys told me that I was the first one to place the order. They also said that they don't do the 12V socket installation anymore.

Right off the dealership, I would have to:
a) fit the front facing rear seats (as I seem to recall reading that SA rollbar and the stock bench seats don't play together) so that my 6 year old can enjoy his first Jeep ride.
b) install the 12V sockets

Any recommendations from the Thar owning Chennai folks might actually save me from having a premature death from anxiety.

Cheers
Lakshmi
navilan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks