Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 20:00   #3301
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Finally a Thar with Hankook Dynapro MT!!!

In fact, finally a vehicle with Dynapro MT!!!

I had never come across a Jeep/SUV with these particular Tyres.
anyone here using them?

Cons - Price!, a lot of noise, wear is quite quick.
Pros - Killer looking tyres, good grip.
Old 11th March 2015, 11:34   #3302
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded to a bigger size Intercooler? I head that this will reduce the turbo lag.
I am yet to ascertain how a bigger Intercooler helps in reducing the lag!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img20150310wa002.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img20150310wa005.jpg  

KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 14:33   #3303
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Has anyone upgraded to a bigger size Intercooler?
Is this from Mahindra or after market? Do all new Thar have the larger intercooler?

Quote:
I head that this will reduce the turbo lag.
I am yet to ascertain how a bigger Intercooler helps in reducing the lag!
I suspect overall tube volume is the same, but looks like the fins are larger for better heat transfer.
Old 12th March 2015, 10:15   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Is this from Mahindra or after market? Do all new Thar have the larger intercooler?

I suspect overall tube volume is the same, but looks like the fins are larger for better heat transfer.
This is an aftermarket installation. Stock Thar has the black Intercooler.
The fins are larger thus making the intake air cooler resulting in increased volumetric efficiency. But I still suspect that it will reduce turbo lag.
Thar gets the turbo boost after around 1800rpm. Anything less then that makes it sluggish.
Old 12th March 2015, 10:27   #3305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is an aftermarket installation. Stock Thar has the black Intercooler. The fins are larger thus making the intake air cooler resulting in increased volumetric efficiency. But I still suspect that it will reduce turbo lag. Thar gets the turbo boost after around 1800rpm. Anything less then that makes it sluggish.
Dear KkVaidyaji - sahebhi saaheb, kem cho? .

The production Thar intercooler is exactly same as taken from a mid-size passenger car (don't ask me which one ), there is absolutely no change at all! It meets the temperature delta and the pressure delta so there is no need to upgrade to anything else. However, a bigger intercooler besides costing more will not really do anything substantial. I hope you have fitted it properly and ensured that the hoses are sealed properly, otherwise you will have power loss.

Dear Ashishy - thank you for your comment, especially the second sentence - "Evo names Mahindra Thar as best off-roader at the off-road awards. Personally I am not in agreement with winners of a lot of their categories. (Mahindra Thar not included)".

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 12th March 2015 at 10:32.
Old 12th March 2015, 10:33   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear KkVaidyaji - sahebhi saaheb, kem cho? .

The production Thar intercooler is exactly same as taken from a mid-size passenger car (don't ask me which one ), there is absolutely no change at all! It meets the temperature delta and the pressure delta so there is no need to upgrade to anything else. However, a bigger intercooler besides costing more will not really do anything substantial. I hope you have fitted it properly and ensured that the hoses are sealed properly, otherwise you will have power loss.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Bawaji saab,

I have not changed any mechanicals on my Thar. Not without consulting the 'Guru' ( you know who).
It is just that I found this intercooler being fitted on other Thars that picked up my curiosity.
BTW, do you suggest a K&N or BMC stock replacement air filter? Rather I would ask what do you suggest to decrease the turbo lag?
Old 12th March 2015, 10:42   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bawaji saab, I have not changed any mechanicals on my Thar. Not without consulting the 'Guru' ( you know who).
It is just that I found this intercooler being fitted on other Thars that picked up my curiosity. BTW, do you suggest a K&N or BMC stock replacement air filter? Rather I would ask what do you suggest to decrease the turbo lag?
Dear Vaidyaji - of course I know that this one was not your Thar, yours is black, this one was silver! .

As I have mentioned many times before, please do not change any mechanical specifications / aggregates in your vehicle unless you are hell bent on commiting hara-kiri and spending good money to spoil your vehicle! If at all, you can take the correct but very difficult route of recreating a certain black vehicle which exists only in our memory now. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th March 2015, 10:48   #3308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhi29 View Post
We are using it on different jeeps for 3-4 years now. One of the best MT tyre with less noise (mind it) compared to other MT tyres, strong sidewall.
One correction - MT tyres have good grip on mud but not on road (as compared to HT)

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 12th March 2015, 12:44   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
please do not change any mechanical specifications / aggregates in your vehicle unless you are hell bent on commiting hara-kiri and spending good money to spoil your vehicle! If at all, you can take the correct but very difficult route of recreating a certain black vehicle which exists only in our memory now.
LOL, the famous (albeit notorious for some) MH-01-V-521 -- which was your pet project, Mr. Dhabhar!

The story so far, for those who came in late, is that the Mahindra team solicited the opinions of Team BHPians during the design and development stage of the Thar, but (1) the ultimate product was not as "hard-core" as the serious off-roading community would have liked, and (2) the fit and finish, especially the interiors, was in line with earlier generation offerings of Indian automotive manufacturers (read fairly below par).

To its credit, the Thar team probably didn't have much of a choice and had to make compromises (designers, bean counters and marketing mavens inevitably clash when it comes to the launch of a new product - an example of this is choosing an IFS suspension over a solid axle for a better on road ride). Also, all the minimum regulatory standards were met (if only barely).

So our peaceful little community was forced to take sides and choose between those who felt short-changed (and lashed out against what they were being offered), and others who thought that something was better than nothing (and that the design team had done the best it could possibly do in the circumstances).

Which brings me to MH-01-V-521, considered by many to be the Holy Grail of Thars... and, like the Holy Grail, has remained elusive in that there is no one blueprint to replicate that stellar effort. So here, then, is a compilation of what I have culled out from seemingly infinite posts on this and other Thar-related threads on the Team BHP forum over the years. This is probably an incomplete list -- I have purposely omitted obsolete information such as guidelines on a/c installation, how to improve braking, and interior door handle replacement, since these issues have been sorted in the later models -- but may also have accidentally missed suggestions/modifications which remain relevant. At least it's a start! I would welcome, indeed encourage, corrections and additions from the rest of our wonderful community, including Behram Dhabhar himself - the man who is largely credited with the birthing of the Thar and the creation of MH-01-V-521.

The Hidden Bits (performance, protection, electricals, mechanicals, etc.)
  • upgrade “Big 3” wiring
  • relocate the wiring harness located on the rear bumper and route it in front of the fuel tank (remove all the long clips welded on the rear bumper)
  • relocate the horn wiring out of the chassis area and relocate the horns inside the engine compartment (the wire looks bad from the front)
  • clutch pipe layout - “Purchase the lower flexible clutch hose, banjo bolt and 2 brass washers of a "Scorpio M2DI" from an M&M dealer. Remove the small black hose and fit these parts in its place. The parts will fit perfectly. The thread on the banjo is the same as that on the slave cylinder. As the banjo offers a 90 degree bend by configuration, one can route the pipe away from ground level which is not possible in the small black hose as it has a straight inlet and has to enter the slave cylinder from the bottom side only. Use tie clips to judiciously tie the hose so as to provide smooth bends (minimum radius of 100 mm). Ensure that you have working clearance with the LH torsion bar. As a vehicle packaging engineer, I will want 10 mm here in dynamic condition (full articulation). Bleed the system and you are in business.
  • fuel tank bottom shield - “Two fuel tank bottom shields, welded to each other, provide exceptional strength – to the extent that I could make my vehicle sit on the tank and it would not give way (I know the rear axle weight), with the tank drain plug cut off and covered permanently. The production Thar CRDe tank is that of the Bolero VLX. Drain plug is now eliminated in production.” “For the fuel tank, please buy one additional Bolero fuel tank protection plate and use two of them instead of one. I did the same thing for AKC / EXAMM! Now there is no drain plug also, it is very easy to fit two plates. You need not do anything to protect the radiator, it is above the chassis cross member. For sump, please do same as for fuel tank. For transfer case only, you may need to fabricate a separate part. For hard core off-roading, production exhaust system routing will not work. Please see the South Africa event photographs for details.
  • sump - do the same as for the fuel tank
  • transfer case - fabricate a separate part, from 6mm plate
  • reroute the exhaust so it comes out just in front of the right wheel (improves angles, but may result in fumes getting into the rear passenger area)
  • replace stock tyres with 245/75R16 (either AT or MT, depending on usage)
  • install a winch
  • install a pair of auxiliary lights
Exterior
  • replace stock bumpers with ones removed from a scrapped chassis of CJ3B / CJ500D / MM540 (old non-NGCS) models; cut off rivets and then weld to Thar chassis; paint the registration number on the bumper (do not use license plates); use a good looking number plate light
  • pintle hook from army MM540 should be fixed with sufficient and load-rated binders and mounting plate (acts like a washer) directly onto the chassis; for serious towing, use the CJ3B’s “K” member (the diesel tank will need to be shifted)
  • install insect mesh; to avoid scratches, knock off the spring brackets (chisel the rivets off), drill 4 small holes in the mesh surround bracket, transfer the holes in the radiator guard and use M6*1.0 size stainless steel Allen head bolts to lock the mesh in position
  • remove the OE FRP fender extensions (carefully, they are brittle!) and repaint them black (the production part finish is not good); do not reuse the screws which came with the vehicle to mount them, use only M6*1.0 green passivated bolts with flanged construction
  • install front and rear mud flaps (align to wheel track centre)
  • paint frame (and recessed section?) of fuel tank opening on driver rear side black; use old Maruti 800’s engine oil cap as cover to prevent fuel spilling through keyhole
Interior
  • remove the rear seats and fit the South Africa rollover bar, then shift the seat belts out of the B pillar and fit on the rollover bar (this will require either replacing both rear bench seats with front-facing seats, or replacing the rear left hand bench seat with another independently-sourced right hand bench seat)
  • replace pedals / install pedal pad covers
  • plug holes in the floor (and in toolbox below passenger seat) with rubber plugs; underbody rust protection and greasing of all the suspension joints, hinges, etc. to reduce squeaks
  • replace flimsy plug which closes glove compartment with a sturdier, stronger plug
  • paint frame (and recessed section?) of fuel tank opening on driver rear side black; use old Maruti 800’s engine oil cap as cover to prevent fuel spilling through keyhole

Last edited by Hawkeye269 : 12th March 2015 at 12:47. Reason: missing italics for direct quote
Hawkeye269 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 13:05   #3310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye269 View Post
So our peaceful little community was forced to take sides and choose between those who felt short-changed (and lashed out against what they were being offered), and others who thought that something was better than nothing (and that the design team had done the best it could possibly do in the circumstances).
[*]pintle hook from army MM540 should be fixed with sufficient and load-rated binders and mounting plate (acts like a washer) directly onto the chassis; for serious towing, use the CJ3B’s “K” member (the diesel tank will need to be shifted)
Great compilation. I think more of us felt short-changed and we had reason to be so..............
one point on rear pintle hook.
Is towing plate means long OE plate used in Army 550 NGCS ? if yes, its more than enough. If no, than do you really need to add 'K' member of non NGCS jeep ?
Isnt the mounting plate which came with 55o NGCS does the same job of distributing load?

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 12th March 2015, 14:37   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, the famous (albeit notorious for some) MH-01-V-521 -- which was your pet project, Mr. Dhabhar!

The story so far, for those who came in late, is that the Mahindra team solicited the opinions of Team BHPians during the design and development stage of the Thar, but (1) the ultimate product was not as "hard-core" as the serious off-roading community would have liked, and (2) the fit and finish, especially the interiors, was in line with earlier generation offerings of Indian automotive manufacturers (read fairly below par).

To its credit, the Thar team probably didn't have much of a choice and had to make compromises (designers, bean counters and marketing mavens inevitably clash when it comes to the launch of a new product - an example of this is choosing an IFS suspension over a solid axle for a better on road ride). Also, all the minimum regulatory standards were met (if only barely).

Which brings me to MH-01-V-521, considered by many to be the Holy Grail of Thars... and, like the Holy Grail, has remained elusive in that there is no one blueprint to replicate that stellar effort. So here, then, is a compilation of what I have culled out from seemingly infinite posts on this and other Thar-related threads on the Team BHP forum over the years. This is probably an incomplete list -- I have purposely omitted obsolete information such as guidelines on a/c installation, how to improve braking, and interior door handle replacement, since these issues have been sorted in the later models -- but may also have accidentally missed suggestions/modifications which remain relevant. At least it's a start! I would welcome, indeed encourage, corrections and additions from the rest of our wonderful community, including Behram Dhabhar himself - the man who is largely credited with the birthing of the Thar and the creation of MH-01-V-521.

The Hidden Bits (performance, protection, electricals, mechanicals, etc.)
  • upgrade “Big 3” wiring
  • relocate the wiring harness located on the rear bumper and route it in front of the fuel tank (remove all the long clips welded on the rear bumper)
  • relocate the horn wiring out of the chassis area and relocate the horns inside the engine compartment (the wire looks bad from the front)
  • clutch pipe layout - “Purchase the lower flexible clutch hose, banjo bolt and 2 brass washers of a "Scorpio M2DI" from an M&M dealer. Remove the small black hose and fit these parts in its place. The parts will fit perfectly. The thread on the banjo is the same as that on the slave cylinder. As the banjo offers a 90 degree bend by configuration, one can route the pipe away from ground level which is not possible in the small black hose as it has a straight inlet and has to enter the slave cylinder from the bottom side only. Use tie clips to judiciously tie the hose so as to provide smooth bends (minimum radius of 100 mm). Ensure that you have working clearance with the LH torsion bar. As a vehicle packaging engineer, I will want 10 mm here in dynamic condition (full articulation). Bleed the system and you are in business.
  • fuel tank bottom shield - “Two fuel tank bottom shields, welded to each other, provide exceptional strength – to the extent that I could make my vehicle sit on the tank and it would not give way (I know the rear axle weight), with the tank drain plug cut off and covered permanently. The production Thar CRDe tank is that of the Bolero VLX. Drain plug is now eliminated in production.” “For the fuel tank, please buy one additional Bolero fuel tank protection plate and use two of them instead of one. I did the same thing for AKC / EXAMM! Now there is no drain plug also, it is very easy to fit two plates. You need not do anything to protect the radiator, it is above the chassis cross member. For sump, please do same as for fuel tank. For transfer case only, you may need to fabricate a separate part. For hard core off-roading, production exhaust system routing will not work. Please see the South Africa event photographs for details.
  • sump - do the same as for the fuel tank
  • transfer case - fabricate a separate part, from 6mm plate
  • reroute the exhaust so it comes out just in front of the right wheel (improves angles, but may result in fumes getting into the rear passenger area)
  • replace stock tyres with 245/75R16 (either AT or MT, depending on usage)
  • install a winch
  • install a pair of auxiliary lights
Exterior
  • replace stock bumpers with ones removed from a scrapped chassis of CJ3B / CJ500D / MM540 (old non-NGCS) models; cut off rivets and then weld to Thar chassis; paint the registration number on the bumper (do not use license plates); use a good looking number plate light
  • pintle hook from army MM540 should be fixed with sufficient and load-rated binders and mounting plate (acts like a washer) directly onto the chassis; for serious towing, use the CJ3B’s “K” member (the diesel tank will need to be shifted)
  • install insect mesh; to avoid scratches, knock off the spring brackets (chisel the rivets off), drill 4 small holes in the mesh surround bracket, transfer the holes in the radiator guard and use M6*1.0 size stainless steel Allen head bolts to lock the mesh in position
  • remove the OE FRP fender extensions (carefully, they are brittle!) and repaint them black (the production part finish is not good); do not reuse the screws which came with the vehicle to mount them, use only M6*1.0 green passivated bolts with flanged construction
  • install front and rear mud flaps (align to wheel track centre)
Interior
  • remove the rear seats and fit the South Africa rollover bar, then shift the seat belts out of the B pillar and fit on the rollover bar (this will require either replacing both rear bench seats with front-facing seats, or replacing the rear left hand bench seat with another independently-sourced right hand bench seat)
  • replace pedals / install pedal pad covers
  • plug holes in the floor (and in toolbox below passenger seat) with rubber plugs; underbody rust protection and greasing of all the suspension joints, hinges, etc. to reduce squeaks
  • replace flimsy plug which closes glove compartment with a sturdier, stronger plug
Dear Hawkeye269 - hello to you. First of all, I would like to thank you for your above post, where you have compiled what went into MH01V521. It is already helping many enthusiastic TeamBHPians out here. I also liked your typical british writing style with a good amount of flair, as it made for some good reading. I am indeed grateful! .

I thought for sometime what I should type here, well, here it is:
1. The actual vehicle of which MH01V521 was but a small demonstration, is still in my mind and will always remain so.
2. A very small number of TeamBHPians (I think less than 10) actually know what MH01V521 was, they have also experienced what it did by actually driving it before the launch.
3. They have asked me very intelligent questions on the possibility of replicating MH01V521 in production.
4. My reply to them was (and still remains), that in the presence of intent, replicating MH01V521 in production is very much possible.
5. I am disclosing this information as point number 5 for the first time that another sibling was in the pipeline, it was MH01V447. It would have got all that I wanted, and more!
6. The key words in point no 4 are "IN THE PRESENCE OF INTENT"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:21   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhi29 View Post
Finally a Thar with Hankook Dynapro MT!!!

In fact, finally a vehicle with Dynapro MT!!!

I had never come across a Jeep/SUV with these particular Tyres.
anyone here using them?

Congratulations! Great vehicle....a little out of the mainstream.....but a great looking SUV.....I have always seen heads turn whenever a Thar passes by. In fact I too cannot resist a gaze at a brand new Thar, it really looks cool.....especially the ones that are modified tastefully.

What alternates did you consider and what was your deciding factors?

Do post some latest pictures.
Old 14th March 2015, 22:50   #3313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations! Great vehicle....a little out of the mainstream.....but a great looking SUV.....I have always seen heads turn whenever a Thar passes by. In fact I too cannot resist a gaze at a brand new Thar, it really looks cool.....especially the ones that are modified tastefully.

What alternates did you consider and what was your deciding factors?

Do post some latest pictures.
other Alternates considered (cars)

1 , Honda city - For comfort and mileagr and pleasure
2 , Maruti ciaz - For all of above plus reliability
3 , Hyundai verna - For that sexy design

i bought thar for the height, commanding view, for that x factor, for exclusivity and for sheer size of it.

and simply because no one was selling anything under 8.5 Lakh which had all of the below
- Diesel engine
- Huge size
- Very few on road
- go anywhere capability
- Indian
- Suv/jeep
- Bumpers not prone to dents/scratches

only thar had all these.

other alterntives considered (tyres)
- Hankook dynapro A/t

because i went to buy toggle switches for thar customisation, But ended up splurging 51k on dynapro mt and deep dish steel rims (after exchange).
because not many cars have hankooks. So i got em.

no market research, no questions asked. Went, chose, got em and came back!!!
Old 15th March 2015, 11:01   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Great compilation.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Quote:
Dear Hawkeye269 - hello to you. First of all, I would like to thank you for your above post, where you have compiled what went into MH01V521. It is already helping many enthusiastic TeamBHPians out here. I also liked your typical british writing style with a good amount of flair, as it made for some good reading. I am indeed grateful! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Gentlemen, thank you for the compliments! I'm glad that my post came across as both unbiased and helpful. I also hope it helps bury the hatchet so that going forward "our peaceful little community" continues to focus only on further improvements / modifications to our very own desi derivative of one the most iconic vehicles of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
one point on rear pintle hook.
Is towing plate means long OE plate used in Army 550 NGCS ? if yes, its more than enough. If no, than do you really need to add 'K' member of non NGCS jeep ?
Isnt the mounting plate which came with 55o NGCS does the same job of distributing load?

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Yes, Shubhendra, I think we're both referring to the same plate (all pics in this post are taken from other posts on this forum; my apologies for being unable to credit them individually):

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-mounting-plate-1.png

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-mounting-plate-2.png

And here's something similar which I believe was fitted on the back of a certain MH01V521:

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-mounting-plate-3.png

You'll notice that the standard plate has to be modified slightly to account for the placement of the stock Thar's exhaust.

Glad to hear that such a mounting plate would be enough. I do seem to recall, however, a point being made elsewhere on this forum about how the K member distributes the load more efficiently and may provide a higher load rating (I could be wrong, though). Here's a picture that was posted by Behram of the capabilities of something similar to the K member (fitted to a Scorpio):

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-scorpio-k-memeber.jpg

Quote:
1. The actual vehicle of which MH01V521 was but a small demonstration, is still in my mind and will always remain so.
2. A very small number of TeamBHPians (I think less than 10) actually know what MH01V521 was, they have also experienced what it did by actually driving it before the launch.
3. They have asked me very intelligent questions on the possibility of replicating MH01V521 in production.
4. My reply to them was (and still remains), that in the presence of intent, replicating MH01V521 in production is very much possible.
5. I am disclosing this information as point number 5 for the first time that another sibling was in the pipeline, it was MH01V447. It would have got all that I wanted, and more!
6. The key words in point no 4 are "IN THE PRESENCE OF INTENT"! .
I know there have been many exhortations in the past on the part of multiple Team BHPians to get more details on the mods carried out on MH01V521... and now we hear of the MH01V447, an improved version!!
I'm hoping one of these days the entire community can benefit from knowing how much further the envelop can be pushed, when it comes to increasing the performance and reliability of the Thar. After all, the very raison d'être of this forum is the sharing of knowledge... ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम् (knowledge is the ultimate goal)!!
Old 16th March 2015, 11:34   #3315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Gentlemen, I'm glad that my post came across as both unbiased and helpful. I also hope it helps bury the hatchet so that going forward "our peaceful little community" continues to focus only on further improvements / modifications to our very own desi derivative of one the most iconic vehicles of all time. 2. Shubhendra, I think we're both referring to the same plate. And here's something similar which I believe was fitted on the back of a certain MH01V521. Glad to hear that such a mounting plate would be enough. I do seem to recall, however, a point being made elsewhere on this forum about how the K member distributes the load more efficiently and may provide a higher load rating. 3. Now we hear of the MH01V447, an improved version. 4. I'm hoping one of these days the entire community can benefit from knowing how much further the envelop can be pushed, when it comes to increasing the performance and reliability of the Thar. After all, the very raison d'être of this forum is the sharing of knowledge... ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम् (knowledge is the ultimate goal)!!
Dear Hawkeye269 - thanks for your PM Shree, I am in "aamchi mumbai" on weekends. Do PM me your contact number, I will be delighted to meet you.

As usual, I have numbered your comments, my replies are as follows, with reply number 4 being most important!
1. Yes, it is the most iconic vehicle of all time, customers like you have seen the value, I hope some good sense prevails and the vehicle is developed further in the correct direction, so the "iconicity" is not diluted in any way.
2. Yes, it is the same plate, it is as supplied to the India army vehicles. K member is the best if you can do it properly. That Scorpio 4WD was my prototype baby, it was MH01AC9202 with a fully reinforced chassis, it was extremely potent off-road and it (hopefully) still retains the unbeaten record of reaching the top of a hill which was the finishing point in 2WD, where the production Thar had to go in 4WD low. You can now imagine what this baby could do in 4WD low. Oh, come on now! .
3. Regrettably, MH01V447 never got completed, although all parts were developed and ready for assembly. Simple! It was going to be MH01AC9202 looking like the Thar from outside, 250 kg lighter, oh come on now once again! .
4. You are correct, the real pleasure of life is in pushing envelopes, whether you push performance, reliability or people. Yes, the very raison d'être of this forum is the sharing of knowledge, ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम्, as knowledge is the ultimate goal, but I have realized (with a lot of avoidable pain), that knowledge should be shared with passionate people who understand things and excel in action and results, rather than going and hammering your head against a wall which is conditioned to reject or accept based out of ulterior motives and hidden agendas, where the customer and product are completely out of the radar! Sadly, the second phenomenon is much more used, accepted and rewarded as it is easy for people to do so. Passionate TeamBHPians like you should be careful, because there are scores of jokers out there who do not understand the difference!

Let's meet!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2015 at 14:43.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks