Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 19:25   #3496
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Does anyone have the wiring manual for the new/old Thar?
Couldn't find one on the internet.
Old 20th July 2016, 21:09   #3497

Hello veteran Thar owners! I was preparing myself for the Thar and was interested in the 2WD version because I wouldn't be doing much off roading anyway. But then my hopes came crashing down when this guy from local M&M said they have stopped selling that version! Please can anyone show me a way to get one in Kolkata? I cannot afford the 4WD, and I am desperate to get a Thar.
Old 20th July 2016, 22:29   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepest View Post
Hello veteran Thar owners! I was preparing myself for the Thar and was interested in the 2WD version because I wouldn't be doing much off roading anyway. But then my hopes came crashing down when this guy from local M&M said they have stopped selling that version! Please can anyone show me a way to get one in Kolkata? I cannot afford the 4WD, and I am desperate to get a Thar.
If I am not mistaken, it will be re-introduced soon, with an M2DiCR engine!
Old 21st July 2016, 10:53   #3499
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
If I am not mistaken, it will be re-introduced soon, with an M2DiCR engine!
Hope this is true. Cause with ECM, there is some hope to tweak the power. Where did you get this news?
Old 21st July 2016, 12:59   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hope this is true. Cause with ECM, there is some hope to tweak the power. Where did you get this news?
From a source in India Garage, Coorg
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 13:19   #3501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thar Di 2WD is not available anymore AFAIK, and the CRDe version comes only with 4WD. If you are not getting the vehicle primarily for off-roading, the CRDe is a much better buy. If the new Thar is out of budget, you can look out for a pre-owned one.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 13:40   #3502

Thanks a lot BlackPearl. Will scout for a pre owned one then.
sandeepest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 16:29   #3503
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
If you are not getting the vehicle primarily for off-roading, the CRDe is a much better buy. If the new Thar is out of budget, you can look out for a pre-owned one.
Agree with BlackPerl. Used CRDe is much better choice than new DI 2WD.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:35   #3504
Senior - BHPian

Prominet ( Larger ) ASC of Mahindra have a service for COTEC where a Mahindra personnel is usually sent. These centres have the wiring diagram. diagnostics charts and all other details.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:31   #3505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sandeepest - hello to you. Out of the three models introduced, the Thar DI-2WD is the volume spinner, which won't be given up so easily. It replaced the CL550-MDI workhorse, to meet the BS3 norms in it's inertia class, way back in 2010, when the CL was the king all over the country, particularly in Kerala and Rajasthan. This must be some "transitional phase"!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:04   #3506

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sandeepest - hello to you. Out of the three models introduced, the Thar DI-2WD is the volume spinner, which won't be given up so easily. It replaced the CL550-MDI workhorse, to meet the BS3 norms in it's inertia class, way back in 2010, when the CL was the king all over the country, particularly in Kerala and Rajasthan. This must be some "transitional phase"!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hello to you Sir, and with all my heart, as you might just have infused some hope into it.
I am in the hunt for any of the variety 'in stock' which might just be tucked somewhere to veer customers toward the pricier CRDi model. I shall post an update if I am lucky.
Old 26th July 2016, 13:21   #3507
BHPian

Dear Thar Owners,

Soft top from my Thar (Facelifted) is leaking substantially through the stitches on top during average BLR rain.

Just wanted to check if this is default with all Thar soft tops. Should I insist ASC to change the soft top under warranty?

If the issue is common with all the soft tops, then no point in changing it to another soft top.

Just wanted to confirm with the experienced Thar owners.
Old 26th July 2016, 13:52   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithalsandy View Post
Dear Thar Owners,

Soft top from my Thar (Facelifted) is leaking substantially through the stitches on top during average BLR rain.

Just wanted to check if this is default with all Thar soft tops. Should I insist ASC to change the soft top under warranty?

If the issue is common with all the soft tops, then no point in changing it to another soft top.

Just wanted to confirm with the experienced Thar owners.
No leaks in my 18 month old vehicle.
How old is your vehicle?
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 15:48   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
No leaks in my 18 month old vehicle.
How old is your vehicle?
Cheers,
Deepak
My Thar is 9 months old.

ASC had recorded video of the leak during the wash. Now, even in rain significant amount of water is getting leaked.

ASC tells me that it costs Rs 26,000 (approx) for the soft top. Mine will be covered under extended warranty though.
Old 26th July 2016, 16:28   #3510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithalsandy View Post
Dear Thar Owners, soft top from my Thar (face-lifted) is leaking substantially through the stitches on top during average rain. Should I insist ASC to change the soft top under warranty?
Dear Aithalsandy - hello to you. The canopy should not leak, not even one single drop! When I developed this thing, I had mentioned to the vendor that the product must meet 3 deliverables: 1. No wrinkles. 2. No water entry, not even one drop, even in full rain. 3. No color fade! I achieved all three deliverables. See the photographs of J1 (job 1, the first production vehicle). This seems to be a recent goof-up. I know "the reason" for the rear slant angle and I don't like it anyways, it completely spoils the Jeep look! It may be contributing. So, insist on a replacement which will meet the 3 acceptance criteria and don't give up till you are fully satisfied. Anyways, I am meeting the vendor day after tomorrow "for something else", I will ask him why he is giving nonsense canopy which does not meet the acceptance criteria! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-image047.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-image052.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks