Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 14:03   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Dear Vikram - the specifications of "that" Nasik registered Brown Bolero are same as those of "it's owner". . To be the best at whatever it does with 100% thought clarity in a very simple & humble way with feet firmly planted on the ground.

Take each aggregate. Write down what you must do to improve it, using the power of rationality and plain simple common sense. You will get the answers. There is no rocket science here.

Dear Tejas - thanks. It is nice to know that my Bolero could match an ML class Mercedes. Just last week it ate a 3 series Beemer for breakfast on the Shahpur / Kasara stretch (burp! ). I hasten to add that the Beemer was driven by a "normal" driver. Also, as vehicle development is a continuous process, there are still things to be done on it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th February 2011, 14:10   #1052
Senior - BHPian

4.3:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arka - there is a certain brown Bolero with TeamBHP / AKC stickers on the tail gate which very regularly does the Nasik - Mumbai - Nasik stretch, the differentiating performance as compared to other vehicles brings a quiet smile on somebody's face. It belongs to yours truly.
STGH,

Don't you think if you switch to 1-piece SFRA(Thar/Scorpio) your performance will improve

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 26th February 2011 at 14:12. Reason: typo
Old 26th February 2011, 14:23   #1053
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
In spite the Zillion pros and Gazillion cons I just like the Thar. Just two things:

1. Can anyone give me the link to one of our jeeper who had actually built a hard top interior with a soft top Exterior look? It was fantastic, best of both worlds. AC can be fiixed, security purpose solved, retaining the Macho soft top look.

2. D.B Sir, Is it possible for M&M to procure Diff locks from somewhere and give it as a company fitment, as an available accessory for the Thar as the TATA does for the Xenon? If possible it would be great.

3. D.B Sir, Should I go for the Thar right now or wait for the V2 version? Just between you and me in this forum .
Old 26th February 2011, 14:57   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear drjones - (I presume that means Doctor Jones) - I like the words "Zillion" and "Gazillion". I have written before also and I write again, THERE IS NO V2. Vehicle development is a continuous process. It never ends. It's your call.

Hard top interior with soft top exterior? Go to the showroom, stand next to the vehicle, look at it after clearing your brain of all unwanted thoughts, the vehicle will start talking to you, you will realize and appreciate what I am writing. It will be one of the best automotive interactions you would have ever had (a hint - look at the superstructure which holds the canopy).

Differential lock? PM me.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th February 2011, 17:22   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
1. Can anyone give me the link to one of our jeeper who had actually built a hard top interior with a soft top Exterior look? It was fantastic, best of both worlds. AC can be fiixed, security purpose solved, retaining the Macho soft top look.
Doc, take a took at your teammates MG413! Unfortunately he has removed the AC and is fighting himself for that decision. But is is lockable pucca!

Quote:
2. D.B Sir, Is it possible for M&M to procure Diff locks from somewhere and give it as a company fitment, as an available accessory for the Thar as the TATA does for the Xenon? If possible it would be great.
the THAR has a MLD i believe and we would all like to believe it works

Quote:
3. D.B Sir, Should I go for the Thar right now or wait for the V2 version? Just between you and me in this forum .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Go to the showroom, stand next to the vehicle, look at it after clearing your brain of all unwanted thoughts, the vehicle will start talking to you, you will realize and appreciate what I am writing. It will be one of the best automotive interactions you would have ever had (a hint - look at the superstructure which holds the canopy).

Differential lock? PM me.
DB Sir, We have to travel out of state to see a vehicle let alone buy it

Please PM the dealer location @ Chennai who can register the vehicle with AC and HT and the M&M teams hard work starts paying dividends!
Old 26th February 2011, 19:16   #1056
BHPian

Thank you DB Sir & Teammate and pal Vikram,
DB Sir ,for sure will follow your advice and talk to the Thar, Iam sure both of us will fall for each other. Just a hitch as Viram mentioned, we Chennai offroaders have not yet got the chance to lay our hands on one, Iam sure you will look into it. Will send you a PM reg Diff locks.
P.S : Why is that nobody believes me Iam a REAL DOCTOR ? Is it my Mush? closely trimmed hair ? Belly ? Or the way I drive ? Feel like a Frankinstein of the doctor clan . YES DB Sir, iam a real doctor and you just won a life long free consultation.

Last edited by drjones : 26th February 2011 at 19:18.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:36   #1057
BHPian

I was at the India Garage on Sunday and saw one more for Delivery. Lucky Owner. It was good to see a Rocky Beige one. Anyone from Team BHP who is the lucky owner ? Also I noticed that Speedy has mentioned about the soft top being able to keep the AC quite effective - There are however small openings where the soft top covers at the B pillar - on the lower side - Just where the square plate is there. Other than that the soft top is very well attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img00088201102271300.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img00089201102271301.jpg  

Old 28th February 2011, 15:59   #1058
BHPian

Bangalore is filled with THAR's. have been seeing at least 2-3 on a daily basis. And no its not the same vehicles I see everyday which answers the reason why the booking has been stopped temporarily..
Old 28th February 2011, 16:16   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Bangalore is filled with THAR's. have been seeing at least 2-3 on a daily basis. And no its not the same vehicles I see everyday which answers the reason why the booking has been stopped temporarily..
Which areas are you seeing them in? Cause I haven't been able to spot one till now. But of course I am mostly driving in the so called "office roads".

Is it easy to get a test drive in Bangalore now? Are there enough test drive vehicles in showroom?
Old 28th February 2011, 16:28   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody knows any dealerships in NCR who are offering TD and have Thar on display? Any news on the AC kit from Mahindra, Is it still in pipeline?

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th February 2011 at 16:39. Reason: typo
Old 28th February 2011, 18:01   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
There are however small openings where the soft top covers at the B pillar on the lower side just where the square plate is there. Other than that the soft top is very well attached.
Dear Carrot Eater - (can we call you "Bgus Bunny"?) - thank you for your comment on the canopy fitment, especially the one that I have underlined. I am happy to see that my thought process on how a canopy should be developed, progressed and packaged is appreciated in the field. Frankly, now let me see how many detractor comments come on canopy, (they will come) then I will give all the design parameters that I have used to deliver the desired result.

There are numerous soft top vehicles running very effectively with AC. GTO's CL340 classic is one of them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 28th February 2011, 18:05   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear BD,

Why do you always wait for comments before elaborating or tell someone to PM you to answer a query or guide them in totality? Why not lay it all out on the forum for one and all to read? If you explain at first, then negative comments won't come na?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 28th February 2011 at 18:06. Reason: typo
Old 28th February 2011, 18:24   #1063
BHPian

Asking the dealers about the AC is going to be an experience for all , they have no clue what so ever ,I got quotes ranging from 60k to I lakh .
60 k from the Cochin dealer and 1 lakh from ITL, the dealer in Calicut , and Speedy said 42 k in Mumbai .
I wanted to know whether there is something to be done to the ECU to regulate the idle speed etc on a drive buy wire system , they have clue .
So if someone can clarify it it will be great , anyway the consumer is the not the king in this case , he has to beg , cry etc .

@Bd , I was asking about the rear track and I realized it was not easy and it seems to be quite expensive to get it done .
What about the Customized Thar , how is it done on that , or M&M just plonked in an alloy not considering the dynamics etc .
On the customized Thar it is very evident that the rear track is wider than the regular one , so can you give us an idea how it is done .

Cheers !
Old 28th February 2011, 18:27   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Which areas are you seeing them in? Cause I haven't been able to spot one till now. But of course I am mostly driving in the so called "office roads".

Is it easy to get a test drive in Bangalore now? Are there enough test drive vehicles in showroom?
I work in Residency road. and all the spottings are on res road or on m.g road area.
Old 28th February 2011, 18:28   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
I was at the India Garage on Sunday and saw one more for Delivery. Lucky Owner. It was good to see a Rocky Beige one. Anyone from Team BHP who is the lucky owner ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain_in_U View Post
I have booked Rocky biege
as a matter of fact a tbhp member has booked a Rocky Beige and awaiting delivery and it could be his Thar that you saw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks