Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2011, 01:39   #1171
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
There are other Indian manufacturers / other models in your stable that are able to give what you give and go through the same CMVR - Somehow, this escapes your attention.
Can you elaborate?

Quote:
Please read the THAR threads once again, understand what the majority want and try to offer that Spike.
I think you must go over the threads once again and see what has been told over and over again.

Quote:
We dont want to know about a M6 hexagonal nut or a M6 Allen bolt
That is for others to decide, not you alone!

Quote:
Can you keep your things secure in a ST spike?
Frankly speaking, even a HT cannot keep things secure, yes there are advantages of having a HT, that is a different matter.

Spike
Old 6th March 2011, 08:16   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Spike, we want direct simple english - Will we get HT THAR with AC or NOT? Yes or NO? Clear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I think you must go over the threads once again and see what has been told over and over again.
I repeat sir, Will the THAR be available with factory fitted HT with AC or Not? Yes or No...or do you dont know

Thank you.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:19   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Anirudh, two thar crde's have already been sold in Hyd(one to Vijayawada politico who is getting it modified in VJA completely!, the other to a Hyd Localite!)

I saw the silver THAR Crde in Hyd yesterday::

My observations/feedback albiet agreeing to the best of the under bonnet stuff-The car looks horrible from inside:The door pads, the handles, the dash, the 4X4 lever etc.

BD, Spike, Vinod and all M&M personnel:: sorry to be straight here, however you all could have done much better a job to get a good car into the market. This one product by looks/quality(interiors) is really BAD!!

Mods: Apologies if I am repetitive, but wanted to present my thoughts.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:31   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Just got a Call from the dealer in bangalore, they have opened up booking for the Thar again and the delivery is 6~7 weeks!!
This is definately not India Garage - as I have been told atleast 2 more months before the bookings open again. Just wondering if the dealer gave you the right information.

Last edited by carrot_eater : 7th March 2011 at 16:55. Reason: typo
Old 7th March 2011, 17:28   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Anirudh, two thar crde's have already been sold in Hyd(one to Vijayawada politico who is getting it modified in VJA completely!, the other to a Hyd Localite!)
Then there are 3 now. Saw a Black THAR with some good looking alloys and bikini top.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:35   #1176
BHPian

Hi DB Sir,
Hope your well....

My neighbour picked up a Thar CRDE a month back and wanted to fit an AC unit onto it.

Unfortunately the location of the intercooler infront of the radiator does not allow for a condenser and fan to be accomodated.We took the vehicle to We-Cool on Magrath road.They are known for their quality of work.

Post this we took the vehicle to India Garage,they told us that there is no AC bracket to house the compressor as Mahindra & Mahindra haven't manufactured any for this engine yet

Not too sure if the information they are giving out is true as it can stir some unwanted press.

Secondly is there a solution as my neighbour is 55 years and I can see him struggle due to the searing Bangalore heat.He loves his vehicle but unfortunately only drives it post 6pm.

I would be obliged if you could help with a solution.

Regards,

Vijay
Old 7th March 2011, 22:27   #1177
BHPian

Dear DB and Spike,

Its great to know your passion for MM. But hard facts cannot be changed. Instead of giving elaborate replies for each and every query, can't brevity be an option with you guys ? What most of us want to know is whether Thar will be available in HT and AC. Yes or No will suffice.

W.r.t Light and wiper control stalks, instead of using the decades old M800 stalks, can't you guys design a new stalk - costing a few thousand rupees each ? Time - a couple of weeks at the most . . . That would atleast negate the negative publicity that Thar has got from all the reviews. Simple things like these matter. This is 2011.

Heck, even the MDi version looks better without the garish and Bolero inspired Dash that the Thar CRDe comes with.

Thanks.
-Harshavardhan
Old 8th March 2011, 02:43   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
Heck, even the MDi version looks better without the garish and Bolero inspired Dash that the Thar CRDe comes with.

Thanks.
-Harshavardhan
One more question.. Is the Canopy of MDI & CRDe same or different.

BTW, it seems that there was a small competition between Thar & Jimny in SA. Guess which 4WD won?
Old 8th March 2011, 10:47   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_k2001 View Post
Unfortunately the location of the intercooler infront of the radiator does not allow for a condenser and fan to be accomodated.We took the vehicle to We-Cool on Magrath road.They are known for their quality of work.

Post this we took the vehicle to India Garage,they told us that there is no AC bracket to house the compressor as Mahindra & Mahindra haven't manufactured any for this engine yet

Vijay
Can anyone from mnm give us more details on the ac installation? Also, since it is ac ready, so what all is required from our end?

Clearly people at mnm show rooms/service centre have no clue about the ac installation so atleast we can educate them as and when needed.
Old 8th March 2011, 11:03   #1180
BHPian

AC Confusion - Spike - Is it possible , that one can book a Thar with an AC that is fitted in Nasik at the M&M Plant. The dealer quotes 48K and also says it will be an R&D project as they not confident.

It is not better that we get an option to book the Thar with A/C - let it take a couple of more weeks to be delivered and yes lots of people will willing to pay that extra price and wait - given your scope / scale we would get it cheaper than what the dealer is offering and it will be done the proper way - Peace of mind - that ought to come with a brand new vehicle..

No - I am not even talking about HT. I want an AC only..
Old 8th March 2011, 11:44   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj View Post
Can anyone from mnm give us more details on the ac installation? Also, since it is ac ready, so what all is required from our end?

Clearly people at mnm show rooms/service centre have no clue about the ac installation so atleast we can educate them as and when needed.
one thing is clear that it does not need an additional fan for ac condensor due to viscous coupled fan and it is sufficient to cool both radiator and the condensor like in scorpio. regarding placement of condensor yes even i doubt.

It looks like M&M has not tried installing the ac and tested it at least once to know if it is really ac ready or not else there would have been a detailed explanation here already just like a canopy. it could be the assumption by M&M initially that it should be ac ready because of the parts bin approach.

Last edited by star_aqua : 8th March 2011 at 11:45.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:01   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Just to let you guys know, its not "Mahindra & Mahindra" (M&M) any more. The company is now just called "Mahindra".
Stratos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2011, 12:09   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Just to let you guys know, its not "Mahindra & Mahindra" (M&M) any more. The company is now just called "Mahindra".
Not exactly.

The group is known as Mahindra Group but the automotive company is still known as Mahindra and Mahindra Limited.

For your reference
Mahindra & Mahindra Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahindra and Mahindra Stock Price, Mahindra and Mahindra Bids Offers. Buy/Sell Mahindra and Mahindra news & tips, & F&O Quotes
Old 9th March 2011, 11:34   #1184
BHPian

How much would a rally cabin (1 and half cabin) cost if fitted to a Thar. I assume that these things are fairly common as the rally world of Raid and Desert Storm all have customised half cabins?
Old 9th March 2011, 12:40   #1185
Senior - BHPian

I just wanted to bring to everyones notice that please do think before wading the Thar through water, even though anyone would give the depth measures of the water level it can go though. I did take it through water and the car died out (not stalled or sputtered) towards the end. We tried re starting but she did not even aknowledge the self given. We towed her out and tried starting, she would not crank. After letting her dry out for a bit we tried again, this time a crank but not enough to get the engine moving. checked the oil and it was white. So called a Mech from the town and changed the oil and oil filter right there. After this tried nothing, pushed started her and drove towards the town and just as we reach the town. She overheated and died. This time again she was towed and brought to the Garage, where we were informed she blew her Ghasket. The water had been sucked in through the exhaust and made its way to the chamber. I think the conecting rods and the pistons rings would have also bent in. So the First That gets an engine rebuild at 700 odd Kms, out of which 250 were done when in got the car.

Last edited by speedy : 9th March 2011 at 12:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks