Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 22:14   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha'Red View Post
finally got some pics of my Thar and here it is. The alloys are OE for those interested.
I do not know what it is called but the front wheel has a black thing in its center while the rear wheel has a silver one. Infact I saw something similar few pages back. Did I miss any episodes in this mega serial?
Old 6th April 2011, 22:59   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I do not know what it is called but the front wheel has a black thing in its center while the rear wheel has a silver one.
That "black thing" up front is the auto locking hub.
I am not sure, but I believe the 2011 model Thar has a FFRA.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 00:11   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification BD Sir.
Old 7th April 2011, 00:15   #1369
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Tha'Red!

I like the red more than any other color. Looking forward to the longterm ownership thread to capture your real life experience.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:21   #1370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
My wife and I have seen the amazing Vedios and I have read enough on this most fascinating Jeep ever built in India named very aptly THAR.

My take is that I sincerely hope that the THAR succeeds in the Market here in India and abroad.

The pricing for this solid technology special purpose vehicle is amazingly cheap at Rs 7 lakhs on the road.

I am sure the Indian Army variant of the Thar will be launched considering the terrain that Army uses. A BMP-THAR combination in the Battle fields for the Mechanised Infantry is not too far away.

Even the BSF in the Deserts will need the THAR in the sandy terrian for patrolling the 1200 kms long border areas.

Rgds

Commander Nandu Chitnis
(Retd)
Dear Commander Nandu Chitnis - thank you. You have made my day today. Please send me the same comments on my ID - as your E mail is a collectible item for me and the team. You are correct on suitability of Thar CRDe for army application. I hope it happens.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Edit: Please refer to the PM sent separately

Last edited by Eddy : 7th April 2011 at 12:01.
Old 7th April 2011, 13:15   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz Tha'Red!

I like the red more than any other color. Looking forward to the longterm ownership thread to capture your real life experience.
Thanks Jaggu. will share my experience with all after i run it a little longer. there are teething issues surfacing and hopefully post 1st service will get addressed.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:41   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Commander Nandu Chitnis - thank you. You have made my day today. Please send me the same comments on my email ID . You are correct on suitability of Thar CRDe for army application.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr Behram Dhabhar.

You made my week by designing and launching the THAR.

Yes it has taken me that long to read this thread and set my heart pumping like hell.

Congrats to you and your team !

I have e mailed you as per your wishes.

Improving vehicles is an on going process and I am sure the die hard Jeep fans and offroaders will embarce the THAR !

Regards

Cdr Nandu Chitnis
Retd
Old 8th April 2011, 12:08   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jaggu. will share my experience with all after i run it a little longer. there are teething issues surfacing and hopefully post 1st service will get addressed.
Can you list in DETAIL all the teething issues you are facing with the dealer and the THAR in Bangalore? Please mention names of the dealer, and the associates.

This is very important to ensure future buyers are aware of such issues and protect themselves adequately.

What was your final on-road-price in Bangalore? I also think it makes sense for you to start a separate ownership thread on this right away!
Old 8th April 2011, 12:18   #1374
BANNED

Quote:
finally got some pics of my Thar and here it is. The alloys are OE for those interested.
Congrats on the THAR.

Do you stay around HAL, Bangalore. I saw a similar one a few days back.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:35   #1375
BHPian

Hi,

I just payed a booking amount on the Thar today at Sireesh Auto in Bangalore (Mist Silver) is the colour.

I have an email from Sireesh auto with the quotation and they have also stated on email that my vehicle will be given to me with

-A company fitted airconditioner and have also confirmed on email that the vehicle has FFRA.

Can anyone confirm if the above statements highlighted are true if yes I will tell you guys please buy this vehicle eyes closed.

I just sold my MM540 (read my thread "Most practical MM540") to buy a BMW X1 and in the mean time I drove my friends Thar yesterday for 450 KMS.I can on authority state that this vehicle is MAGNIFICIENT.Personally I think my MM540 had the works and she could move.I used her as a my daily ride and on long journeys so she was loaded in all the creature comforts but after driving the THAR I am no longer booking the Beamer.I will give you a detailed report later about the differences between the two.

Mr. Behram congratulations you have saved me a lot of money (by not buying the beamer) and this vehicle is a bloody WINNER.

Regards,

Vijay
vj_k2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 13:15   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_k2001 View Post
Hi,

I just payed a booking amount on the Thar today at Sireesh Auto in Bangalore (Mist Silver) is the colour.

I have an email from Sireesh auto with the quotation and they have also stated on email that my vehicle will be given to me with

-A company fitted airconditioner and have also confirmed on email that the vehicle has FFRA.

Can anyone confirm if the above statements highlighted are true if yes I will tell you guys please buy this vehicle eyes closed.

I just sold my MM540 (read my thread "Most practical MM540") to buy a BMW X1 and in the mean time I drove my friends Thar yesterday for 450 KMS.I can on authority state that this vehicle is MAGNIFICIENT.Personally I think my MM540 had the works and she could move.I used her as a my daily ride and on long journeys so she was loaded in all the creature comforts but after driving the THAR I am no longer booking the Beamer.I will give you a detailed report later about the differences between the two.

Mr. Behram congratulations you have saved me a lot of money (by not buying the beamer) and this vehicle is a bloody WINNER.

Regards,

Vijay
Congrats man. Sireesh did tell me specifically that the AC's coming fitted with the vehicle. BD's got to clarify this asap.

FFRA?! This is BIG news!

But I am sure they must have mixed FFRA with the Lambda front locking hubs.
Old 8th April 2011, 15:06   #1377
BHPian

Red Liner: I will start a separate thread on the ownership experience by end of the month. i am planning to take the Thar to Coorg for a weekend soon and that will improve my experience with it to share as much possible.

Teething issues are with the vehicle in terms of rattling noise from the door frame/window glass, passenger door alignment issue, door lock getting disconnected internally when the key is turned a little hard, blower fan had to be re-fit properly, etc. etc. All fixable.

Sireesh Auto is where I bought it from and they are good. My mHawk also goes there for service and they do a good job.

Spitfire: i dont live around HAL. there are quite a few Thars in Blr now:-)

AC is badly needed with the temperature soaring off late. i am waiting for the dealer to get the parts from factory to have it fixed. hope it happens soon.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:31   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Regards,

Vijay
Dear Mr.Vijay - first of all, thanks for comparing Thar to BMW. The core team and I feel so nice when we read something like this. By the way, my favourite car is the BMW M3.

As we discussed on the telephone just now, I once again clarify for information of all that - THAR CRDE HAS SEMI FLOATING REAR AXLE PERFECTLY SUITED FOR THE INTENDED APPLICATION.

I am sorry for the inadvertent mis-communication. We have already taken necessary action with the concerned people.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th April 2011, 16:40   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Mr.Vijay - first of all, thanks for comparing Thar to BMW. The core team and I feel so nice when we read something like this. By the way, my favourite car is the BMW M3.

As we discussed on the telephone just now, I once again clarify for information of all that - THAR CRDE HAS SEMI FLOATING REAR AXLE PERFECTLY SUITED FOR THE INTENDED APPLICATION.

I am sorry for the inadvertent mis-communication. We have already taken necessary action with the concerned people.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
What about the "Company Fitted Air Conditioner"?
Old 8th April 2011, 16:47   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

after driving the THAR I am no longer booking the Beamer.I will give you a detailed report later about the differences between the two.

Vijay
You mean, between Thar and BMWX1 ?

I think This is the answer for AC "I am sorry for the inadvertent mis-communication. We have already taken necessary action with the concerned people."

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 8th April 2011 at 16:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks