Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 10:37   #3121
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

I was hunting to have a look of red Thar and it came true with Koncept motors, safdarjung outlet in delhi. these people have a red thar for demo. this is the first time i drove a Thar. I will not complain the drive since I was driving Jeep for the first time in life. I am always used to sedans and SUV and they are always comfortable and catchy in looks. The driving experience was like a big prototype vehicle which is yet to get the interiors done

But the commanding position and the turning radius was very well. even the sitting position was comfortable compared to sedans and other CSUV (to be noted I am 6'2"). I was also taken aback many a times with its sheer brutal force. I did not got many glancing eyes in delhi because I think they are too used to this vehicle but in lucknow this will still be a eye catcher. if I will get all the due clearance from my family members, I will definitely go ahead and buy a red one even when it is not making any sense to own a very basic vehicle that is a jeep and not a car

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 16th September 2014 at 10:40.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:07   #3122
Senior - BHPian

Just a small query. I am reading all the posts about sticking to the stock soft top vs the aftermarket half canopy. I am also of the opinion to have a half canopy but keeping the engineering of the stock one in hand. Is there any provision where I can ONLY remove the back soft top, KEEP the driver seat head soft top intact and COVER the back of the front seats with some soft canopy.
Old 19th September 2014, 16:57   #3123
Senior - BHPian

I am putting my best to realize my dream of owing a jeep. I have got two members vote out of 5 Lets see if i can convince others too.

Meanwhile, I am exploring the color option for Thar. I already got my hands on a red and a black thar. I will also check rocky biege tomorrow since it is the most in demand color in Team Bhp. personally I am more inclined towards red.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_1798.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_1850.jpg  

Old 20th September 2014, 17:01   #3124
Senior - BHPian

Now this one is the last color on my mind until I saw rocky biege in flesh. I was not at all considering to buy this one and was most convinced with a red one. Iam more confused now after seeing this color. Sales executive told me that there are 4 black, 2 rocky biege and 2 white sold by him but no red.

Please suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-img_1852.jpg  

Old 20th September 2014, 19:16   #3125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Now this one is the last color on my mind until I saw rocky biege in flesh. I was not at all considering to buy this one and was most convinced with a red one. Iam more confused now after seeing this color. Sales executive told me that there are 4 black, 2 rocky biege and 2 white sold by him but no red.

Please suggest.
Simple suggestion - no modifications (hard-top, etc), go with black
Many modifications - go with Rocky Beige, the contrast between the body and soft-top stands out in the Rocky Beige!
Old 20th September 2014, 19:22   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Simple suggestion - no modifications (hard-top, etc), go with black
Many modifications - go with Rocky Beige, the contrast between the body and soft-top stands out in the Rocky Beige!
Thanks for the suggestion but I am confused between a red and rocky biege
Old 21st September 2014, 08:04   #3127
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, I have observed:

Thar if Open, following color will look best

1. Black
2. Rocky Biege
3. Red

Thar with Soft Top

1. Red
2. Rocky Biege
3. Black

So, I am finding rocky biege to be position quite well.
Old 21st September 2014, 09:03   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
In my opinion, I have observed:

Thar if Open, following color will look best

1. Black
2. Rocky Biege
3. Red

Thar with Soft Top

1. Red
2. Rocky Biege
3. Black

So, I am finding rocky biege to be position quite well.
I was always confused between Silver and Rocky Beige. Black is a great color but you will need to take a lot of care to keep the paint flashy. All minor defects in the paint show in black. Silver and Beige will not show dust as easily. However after getting the Toreador Red Thar - cannot think of any other color. Go Red !
Old 21st September 2014, 09:54   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion. even I had zeroed down red until i saw rocky biege.

I great news is that i got green signal to buy a Thar after a lot of persuasion but the condition is to buy it in 2015. How soon can i get a 2015 make Thar? Should I book in December or there is not much difference between 2014 and 2015 version and resale

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 21st September 2014 at 10:16.
Old 23rd September 2014, 16:27   #3130
Senior - BHPian

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/3-compact-...2-years-662742

I came across this link. the most important info is that there is a subtle chance of launch of bolero makeover which will be in the lines of Jeep wrangler and will be placed below Thar.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:48   #3131
BHPian

I booked a Thar CRDe on 25th of September with Punjab Auto here in Ahmadabad and reminisced the 'Premier' era of buying a car in the 80's.

Firstly, the dealer says " No Discount on Thar".
Second disappointment is with the mandatory insurance. They are charging (ripping is the proper word) around Rs. 35,000 for zero dep insurance and you do not have the option of getting your car insured on your own!! So they overcharge 7,000 rupees and you cannot buy Thar if you do not buy insurance from the dealer!! What is Mahindra doing?

Also I would like to ask existing owners whether they got any update after booking under the MOST scheme where by you are intimated on each step until the car leaves the factory. I have not received any update and the dealer is not interested in giving information of MOST maybe because he has a ready vehicle - and he will deliver the same piece to me after 15-20 days saying it came new from factory
Old 30th September 2014, 13:52   #3132
BHPian

Neither did i get any update under the MOST scheme when i booked my Thar in May. However, no such restrictions on buying Insurance from the Dealer in my case. I booked it from G3 Motors, Kandivali, Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I booked a Thar CRDe on 25th of September with Punjab Auto here in Ahmadabad and reminisced the 'Premier' era of buying a car in the 80's.

Second disappointment is with the mandatory insurance. They are charging (ripping is the proper word) around Rs. 35,000 for zero dep insurance and you do not have the option of getting your car insured on your own!! So they overcharge 7,000 rupees and you cannot buy Thar if you do not buy insurance from the dealer!! What is Mahindra doing?

Also I would like to ask existing owners whether they got any update after booking under the MOST scheme where by you are intimated on each step until the car leaves the factory. I have not received any update and the dealer is not interested in giving information of MOST maybe because he has a ready vehicle - and he will deliver the same piece to me after 15-20 days saying it came new from factory
Old 30th September 2014, 14:04   #3133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is a very very small corporate discount ranging from 5000 - 6000. you may check with them if salaried.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:04   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_soul View Post
Neither did i get any update under the MOST scheme when i booked my Thar in May. However, no such restrictions on buying Insurance from the Dealer in my case. I booked it from G3 Motors, Kandivali, Mumbai.
Did you ask the dealer why no update under MOST? I have already written an email to Mahindra customer care today morning. Lets see if they care to reply.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:06   #3135
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
This is understandable as it is low volume model where prouction is generally in sync with demand. It is when manufacturer's end up with huge inventory they resort to discounting.

Quote:
Second disappointment is with the mandatory insurance.
Please raise this issue with Mahindra by calling toll free or using the complaint link on their website. My dealer tried the same and finally I got the same insurance much cheaper outside. This is not required by Mahindra but pushed by dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks