Team-BHP - Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/94990-volkswagen-vento-test-drive-review-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsr_rpm (Post 2235629)
I have also booked a Vento TDI highline on 20 Jan and waiting period of 5 months is mentioned in the booking slip.

The Sales rep informed that they will do the online registring that eveing and will give me the booking number next day. How ever had to wait for it for a week.

Was given 30267 as booking number. would like to know if it is similar numbers given as booking numbers. Also is this a serial running number for all models of VW or is it specific to one model Vento. If we know this then we can arrive at tentative delivery date based on sale.

I never got any online booking number. I guess your dealer is more transparent and open to sharing the process and red tapisms involved as compared to the Dealers in Bangalore, as far as I know none of my friends got this booking number mentioned on the receipt

However as the dealer is quoting, the process is indeed the correct one. After taking the booking amount / cheque, they are supposed to upload the details on the VW site / intranet, which they have access to. I think the booking number given to you is not a serial number and it is generated by the system for all the bookings, so it is not specific to any particular variant / car / city

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilshantanu (Post 2235636)
I never got any online booking number. I guess your dealer is more transparent and open to sharing the process and red tapisms involved as compared to the Dealers in Bangalore, as far as I know none of my friends got this booking number mentioned on the receipt

However as the dealer is quoting, the process is indeed the correct one. After taking the booking amount / cheque, they are supposed to upload the details on the VW site / intranet, which they have access to. I think the booking number given to you is not a serial number and it is generated by the system for all the bookings, so it is not specific to any particular variant / car / city

Agree, even I didn't receive any booking number. In fact I asked the dealer for it and he responded that no booking number is generated by the company. Haven't heard of anyone in Bombay also receiving this number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manavdotcom (Post 2232858)
Since when they have started giving USB ? But the waiting period is stil highit seems.

VW does offer a 2 DIN HU with USB& Bluetooth support (no touchscreen) as an Optional accessory in Vento. You could find the full list of such optional VW showroom accessories in the official VW site. In Bangalore, they offer it with an additional cost of ~25k extra.

I have a suggestion. Let us (who have booked a Vento) share info of booking dedails (dates and tentaive delivery dates) in a single place and keep updating it with info we recieve. This will give us some clear idea when we can get the vehicle. If interested we can start a new thread (Traking Venot booking and delivery). This will help us in following up with the Sales guys with proper info.

The Delhi dealers are quoting a month's wait for TDI trendline and two months for TDI highline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsr_rpm (Post 2236870)
I have a suggestion. Let us (who have booked a Vento) share info of booking dedails (dates and tentaive delivery dates) in a single place and keep updating it with info we recieve. This will give us some clear idea when we can get the vehicle. If interested we can start a new thread (Traking Venot booking and delivery). This will help us in following up with the Sales guys with proper info.

Very nice suggestion I have started a thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-delivery.html

Please update your experiences and info there

I have updated the new thread with my experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2237073)
I have updated the new thread with my experience.

Me too! And just BTW shadow blue is launched and on display at VW Pune (Vidyut Motors). It looks delicious: didn't have my mobile with me so couldn't shoot a pic, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2237409)
Me too! And just BTW shadow blue is launched and on display at VW Pune (Vidyut Motors). It looks delicious: didn't have my mobile with me so couldn't shoot a pic, though.

Oh darn!! I was waiting for the first pic of shadow blue.. I will be getting mine sometime in March..

If anyone could post a picture of vento shadow blue, that would be great.

Posted in other thread, reposting it here for the people who are not following that thread

Update on price increase for Vento

Just spoke to the dealer, there would be a 2% price increase from 1st of March 2011. So if your vehicle is delivered before 1st of March 2011 then it would cost approximately Rs 22,000/- cheaper :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilshantanu (Post 2239829)
Posted in other thread, reposting it here for the people who are not following that thread

Update on price increase for Vento

Just spoke to the dealer, there would be a 2% price increase from 1st of March 2011. So if your vehicle is delivered before 1st of March 2011 then it would cost approximately Rs 22,000/- cheaper :(

Why should the customer be penalised for delivery delays, rather VW / Dealer should be paying interest on the booking amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_upreti (Post 2239875)
Why should the customer be penalised for delivery delays, rather VW / Dealer should be paying interest on the booking amount.

You are right in principle, but then the booking terms and conditions had a disclaimer, that the customer needs to pay the cost of the car at the time of delivery :)

Debatable :)

Really?
If it is true, may be then I will cancel my booking. Look out for Verna/Fiesta as well.

It is not our fault VW didnt deliver the car in time.
Looks like VW is intentionally delaying the deliveries so get the extra 22K from as many cars as possible.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxyzen (Post 2240320)
Really?
If it is true, may be then I will cancel my booking. Look out for Verna/Fiesta as well.

It is not our fault VW didnt deliver the car in time.
Looks like VW is intentionally delaying the deliveries so get the extra 22K from as many cars as possible.:deadhorse

I tried to find out more about it. This still seems to be a speculation. The 2% increase is a speculation that there would be an increase in the excise duty, in the Union budget. If that happens, then the prices of all the vehicles would increase. So please look out for the Union Budget for this year.

I checked with Volkswagen India on twitter, and they said that nothing as of now.....