Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:27   #1651
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks Noopster.

Im very disappointed with the standard warranty option in the first place, is there any possibility of VW offering extended warranty options in the near future? Anyone has any insight into this?
Vento comes with 2 years warranty, 3 years paint warranty and 6 years anti-perforation warranty.

They dont have any extended warranty though.

Last edited by srikant : 3rd March 2011 at 23:31.
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:34   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
VW ain't THAT "VW" anymore.
I've noticed you saying the same thing ad- nauseum. Sure there is a difference in VW strategy i.e obvious cost cutting to notch up volume in line with VW's objective is to become the largest car maker by 2018. So this trend of VW not being "VW" is not just limited to India alone.

Drove a Jetta in the US for a 3 yrs; traditionally, there the Jetta and the Passat always sold at a premium (w.r.t) other cars in the economy and compact-midsize segment. This year, however, Jetta 2011 and Passat 2012, are both priced lower/at-par with competition. There is less of a premium feel in the cars, (compared to before) but they have generated more interest. The quality is still acceptable, and in some ways superior to the competition, but the cars are much more accessible. Meanwhile for the enthusiasts who are prepared to shell out the $$, still have the excellent GTi and CC to buy.

Similar story with the Vento in India. It's aggressively priced. A fully loaded diesel car with excellent performance, phenomenal F.E, solid build at the price of a Honda City petrol. Compare it to the VW in Europe - sure there is an obvious difference in quality. But compare it other cars in the same segment, and it's "still" build better or at par, despite the cost cutting. We've had several friends who own the City, Verna and SX4 commenting favorably on the Vento's build quality and interiors. My personal opinion was similar while test driving all these cars before purchasing the Vento..

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
1 year standard warranty. No extended option offered.

Also, there are no free services. Even the first one at 1 year/15,000 km is paid!
Vento has 2 years standard Warranty.

The extended warranty is being offered for Jetta and Passat right now, but they may extend it to the Polo and Vento in the future.

Last edited by imjimmy : 3rd March 2011 at 23:39.
Old 4th March 2011, 07:35   #1653
Senior - BHPian

I chanced upon my first Vento Cab yesterday at Goregaon. Too dark to take a picture. I was not sure so took a second look and it was indeed a yellow plate cab.
Old 4th March 2011, 07:40   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I chanced upon my first Vento Cab yesterday at Goregaon. Too dark to take a picture. I was not sure so took a second look and it was indeed a yellow plate cab.
aaah! thats an interesting sighting

as somebody said on this thread, I think the trendline Diesel might be a good choice for Cabs in premium sectors. It has good FE and is comfortable as well
Old 4th March 2011, 09:39   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen few Vento cabs in Cochin. Surprisingly, I saw this few months back when the Vento deliveries were stuck here in Cochin. Always wondered how these guys managed to pick the Vento during their peak time.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:18   #1656
BHPian

I saw a couple of them in Mumbai as well. Looks like it's gonna be popular with tourist taxi people. There goes the brand image....
Old 4th March 2011, 10:38   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have seen few Vento cabs in Cochin. Surprisingly, I saw this few months back when the Vento deliveries were stuck here in Cochin. Always wondered how these guys managed to pick the Vento during their peak time.
Well here in Pune , people who have some pehchaan in VW factories seem to get their cars out earlier by sacrificing the colors. No wonder there are no colored Ventos around. I saw a bright Red Vento as a Demo Car with a dealer here. The Blue one was on display. Yet to see a Terra Biege (which is not being produced as yet) and a black. Guess what I have ordered for a Shadow Blue or a Black since people think of "black" as inauspicious. So just keeping my fingers crossed for an early delivery.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:12   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I saw a couple of them in Mumbai as well. Looks like it's gonna be popular with tourist taxi people. There goes the brand image....
Don't worry, with the cramped leg space in the rear, this idea may not go to far.
Old 4th March 2011, 20:28   #1659
BHPian

Vento has started showing up with Black board and Yellow Nos in Bangalore already. There were a series of Vento trendline diesel delivered yesterday.
Old 4th March 2011, 23:02   #1660
BHPian

Finally, after 4 months and a week, i got my Vento HL TDI today. Added 3D floor mats and 3M sun film. Will hopefully get number plates (From VW) and rear spoiler tomorrow.

Seat cover is planned or Monday/Tue. Ran around today for Yoko S drive - 205-55-R15, without luck. Yoko's are not available in Bangalore at all!!! Looks like there is no chance of getting it before 10th Mar. Any other better options?

Planning to drive very less till I change tires (Or till I decide that I am going to continue with stock Apollos). Pics and more details to follow.

Srikant, Thanks for all your help!
Old 4th March 2011, 23:19   #1661
BHPian

Hey anybody knows about the vento IPL edition?

Scheduled launce 10th march.
Old 4th March 2011, 23:55   #1662
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry I seem to be mistaken- apparently Vento has a 2 year warranty. Still no free services, though.

@Naparajito- what's the IPL edition?
Old 5th March 2011, 05:08   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Finally, after 4 months and a week, i got my Vento HL TDI today. Added 3D floor mats and 3M sun film. Will hopefully get number plates (From VW) and rear spoiler tomorrow.

Seat cover is planned or Monday/Tue. Ran around today for Yoko S drive - 205-55-R15, without luck. Yoko's are not available in Bangalore at all!!! Looks like there is no chance of getting it before 10th Mar. Any other better options?

Planning to drive very less till I change tires (Or till I decide that I am going to continue with stock Apollos). Pics and more details to follow.

where did you get the 3D mats from ?
Old 5th March 2011, 07:39   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Don't worry, with the cramped leg space in the rear, this idea may not go to far.
"Cramped" leg space? Agreed the transmission tunnel is an irritant that makes seating a full-sized fifth passenger difficult but the rear bench of Vento is far from cramped.
Old 5th March 2011, 11:04   #1665
BHPian

For Yoko S drives - try Millivisions - Govind Kabra - 9845053430 / +918026563863. Very competitive pricing and give you a good price for the stock tyres as well. I got 2k for my stock tyres ( had clocked 60 Km when exchanged ).
I have 205-55-R15 on my Vento Petrol Highline. Check the pics on the below link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-petrol-3.html

If you are looking for Leather seat covers I would recommend Ovion Leat
her. Contact: Sudham +919740622400. The pics are on the above
link.

- Chet

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post

Most Viewed