Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 23:56   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

What is interesting is that the location of the accident is not more than 30 mins drive from the nearest VW service centre at the newly-opened VW Faridabad. I can't imagine the VW cranes / flatbeds too busy attending accident / stranded cases already to take them that long.

In any case, firstly, I am thankful that nobody was injured because of yet another careless biker. Of course, the costs of repair will pinch but I have seen people shell out more after hitting a dog in a Skoda Laura and the dog having walked away! You could have damaged more parts!
Old 8th March 2011, 03:14   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
I don't see any damage to the logo and headlights and their replacement need is in doubt.
At the cost of making this a case study, please update us on your experience. Also request all to consider zero dep insurance policy with cashless facility for your cars, will save a lot of headache since this accident gives us an idea on cost of parts for the Vento.
Regarding headlights, many modern vehicle's headlights are designed with locks that break upon impact in a way that the headlights fall inward. This reduces risk of additional injury from glass/plastic shards especially to any pedestrian that might be involved in the accident. Abhinav should check the locks, if they are not cracked or broken the HLs would be good to go.

Learnt this the hard way when my OHC banged in to another vehicle way back in 1999. Not just the HLs but the tail lights also fell inward in to the boot. Though all of them looked pristine glass/plastic wise, all 4 had to be replaced as the locks had behaved per the design by breaking up on impact.

Very important point on 0 depreciation insurance policy in the post above, reproduced in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Abhinav - you may want to consider upgrading your policy to a zero dep one.
To add to the above, an upgrade is possible up to the beginning of the third year of your ownership and not beyond that.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:55   #1683
BHPian

Has anyone in this forum purchased a Black colored Vento? I tried searching the ownership threads for the pictures to find how it looks on Vento; but couldn't find one.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:15   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Has anyone in this forum purchased a Black colored Vento? I tried searching the ownership threads for the pictures to find how it looks on Vento; but couldn't find one.
IMO black looks great on Jetta, but somehow the curves and lines on a black vento dont stand out
Old 8th March 2011, 16:18   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
I have seen one in my office parking. did not look that great. White looks very good on the Vento and I am sure the light blue shade will also look great.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:42   #1686
Senior - BHPian

On Sunday, I saw 2 black Ventos. They look good since the rear lights (its not a great design afterall) blend very well with the body. The colour itself makes it shine a little!

If the chrome door strips can be added, it will look even better

Also, it will stand out among all the white and sliver Ventos (plus the taxis in those colours)

Last edited by srishiva : 8th March 2011 at 16:45.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:57   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Vento, just like Civic, doesn't have many 'real colours'. I mean, all of the colours offerer are plain jane. I am really interested in checking out how the BLUE looks in Vento. If it doesn't look that good, black will be my pick. Although not very striking, it looks classy. I hate whites and silver is waaaaay too common. Red looks out of place. That leaves black as default choice.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:59   #1688
mxx
BHPian

@abhinav: sorry to hear about the accident.
The radiator damage seem to be pretty bad, and some components placed behind the radiator might have been damaged too, possibly the reason for the high quote.
BTW, if these can be repaired or has no damage, you will know it after the insurance survey. No way an insurance company would approve replacement if it can be repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Vento, just like Civic, doesn't have many 'real colours'. I mean, all of the colours offerer are plain jane. I am really interested in checking out how the BLUE looks in Vento. If it doesn't look that good, black will be my pick. Although not very striking, it looks classy. I hate whites and silver is waaaaay too common. Red looks out of place. That leaves black as default choice.
Balck is classy and looks good, but in case of vento gives a perception of the vehicle being smaller. IMO, the blue will look good though - like the polos pepper gray

Last edited by mxx : 8th March 2011 at 17:02.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:50   #1689
Senior - BHPian

@mxx: I agree that the black colour makes the Vento to look a bit smaller. The lighter shades go well with the Vento.

@JJames: Here's a snap of a black Vento in our office parking. (Sorry for the poor picture quality)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento_petrol.jpg  

Old 8th March 2011, 23:18   #1690
BHPian

I checked both black and red and eventually ended up with a red. Black looks good if you keep it clean (no dust/scratches..). If not, it looks really bad
Old 8th March 2011, 23:55   #1691
BHPian

Hey guys good news is that the estimate has come down drastically and my expected liability is less than 10,000. They don't have the parts in stock and they would be coming from aurangabad, even I will be leaving tmrw for a few days and reply to all previous posts and keep you updated.

Thanks!
Old 9th March 2011, 01:14   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a good thing you didn't just accept their first quote!

Glad things are working out. Looking forward to the details.
Old 9th March 2011, 07:46   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Hey guys good news is that the estimate has come down drastically and my expected liability is less than 10,000. They don't have the parts in stock and they would be coming from aurangabad, even I will be leaving tmrw for a few days and reply to all previous posts and keep you updated. Thanks!
Good to know that the things are working in your favour. Just keep a tab onn all the work that the A.S.S. does.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:46   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
@JJames: Here's a snap of a black Vento in our office parking. (Sorry for the poor picture quality)
Thanks Ajay! It gives me an idea on how the color could look like on the Vento. I booked a Black Vento (Diesel Highline) at Bangalore the other day (at the end of quite a happening week); but having never seen how black would look on it! I like sedans in Black; and also the fact that almost every Vento that I have seen so far are either White/Silver. For the record, I had almost decided upon the Vento: test-drove & booked the Vento, a couple of month's back. Then, put off by the looong (& seemingly indefinite waiting period), I had cancelled my booking and booked ANHC. But, seeing an update in this forum that said the waiting period having come down signifcantly (2months), I made up my mind to call another VW dealer. The sales person (a lady), confirmed the reduced waiting period and here I am now, back to square one! Net result= loss of booking cancellation amounts & me calling myself unstable
Though I am now happy to have made the right decision in the end, and not having to regret for not waiting enough!

Last edited by JJames : 9th March 2011 at 08:52.
Old 9th March 2011, 10:07   #1695
BHPian

True, the waiting period for TDI highline has eased to a not-bad 3-4 months but for shadow blue it's still untolerable: 6-8 months (this may be even worse for beige, I didn't ask). I booked one late last week and am keeping my fingers crossed; hopefully, it won't take that long. The problem is that, as someone pointed, there aren't many real colors offered by Vento - Polo has a much better color range to choose from, VW could have at least extended all the Polo colors for Vento.

BTW, does any one have a pic of Vento in shadow blue?

Last edited by sith_lord : 9th March 2011 at 10:09. Reason: Wanted to add some related information - better to edit rather than add another post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks