Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 22:54   #1741
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Wow thats nice!!!
Congrats!! The avg. mileage indicator shows 85km/l. Thats a little confusing.Does it have any problem?
You will see 85km/l as soon as you take your feet of the accelerator. So this is not the right figure. From my experience so far, the ave mileage indicator is not that dependable. I will wait for a few full to full tank fills to find it out.

On my side, today got the tyres changed to Yokohama 205-55-R15s. Just had a 7 km ride after that. Got it from MilliVision (Chet, thanks to you for the reference) Looks good so far

The only thing that is pending is the rear spoiler. Payment was done at VW Downtown on 5th and went there to fix it twice. Had painting issues both times, which was not a good experience. Looks like they got another piece today and painted it. Need to fix it tomorrow/day after. Lets see how it goes. Hope they do the basic quality check themselves this time rather than making me do it. Can you believe - They charge Rs 2500/- for a lazy paint job!!! (with finger marks and white spots)

My best experience so far had been with Ovion (Seats). Sudham from Ovion spend quite a lot of time with us to understand what we want, gave suggestions and the final result was exactly (Well almost!) what we wanted. More to come in my ownership thread (coming very soon..)
Old 14th March 2011, 23:12   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
On my side, today got the tyres changed to Yokohama 205-55-R15s. Just had a 7 km ride after that. Got it from MilliVision (Chet, thanks to you for the reference) Looks good so far
Keep us updated about the improvement in ride and Handling. The grip levels are good even with the stock tyres. Now with the upgrade it should be awesome.
What about warranty?
Old 14th March 2011, 23:32   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Keep us updated about the improvement in ride and Handling. The grip levels are good even with the stock tyres. Now with the upgrade it should be awesome.
Going to be hard for me to compare as I haven't driven before the tyre was changed. Will surely give an update on the current handling and ride after a few long drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
What about warranty?
Didn't worry too much about it. Hopefully, it will all go well!!
Old 15th March 2011, 10:39   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think it will void the warranty since you have 15". If you go for bigger wheels, it will void the warranty. Some dealers wont do wheel alignment and balancing if you upsize it. I have that problem with my Swift. But managed to get that checked last time.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:49   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Congrats, Giri and @classic86! IMO, Vento looks the best in Shadow Blue (I booked one last week), closely followed by White.

Also, good to hear about the audio system upgrade, @classic86. Would you mind sharing the quote given by the dealer for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Does the stock music system of Vento has any RCA Pre-outs?

If not, does this IPL audio system (jettas?) has RCA pre-outs? If so, how many?

Any information around this?
Spoke to my SR. He said the systems are not in yet to mention a price. They will come as separate parts to be fitted on the Trendline model. So he said we can fit on the Highline model too. I think we''ll know more details in April when the IPL starts.

Last edited by classic86 : 15th March 2011 at 15:52. Reason: Wrong appearance
Old 15th March 2011, 15:57   #1746
BHPian

Any recommendations for a USB/Aux HU, only audio system, no Bluetooth integration, parking sensor and LCD screen? And what cost will it come at?

Planning to replace my HU this week.
Old 15th March 2011, 17:41   #1747
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri.R View Post
Guys,

What a fantastic news to start this week. Finally I got the call from my dealer (Ramani VW, CBE) and the car is allocated to me. Booked HL TDI on Dec 08, 2010 and color preference was "Shadow Blue". I was informed that the car will be delivered in another 10 days.

Saw the color in this thread and it is stunning. But my better half and my dad are so much attracted to White and Reflex silver. As I am not particular about the exterior color, I am planning to change the color. I called up my dealer and requested for color change. He said it might take couple of months more. But if the color is available he can allocate immediately. He said he will check the status and let me know. I am waiting for his call.

Thanks,
Giri
shadow blue is, IMO, the best color on vento. You guys should check out the color before changing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Any recommendations for a USB/Aux HU, only audio system, no Bluetooth integration, parking sensor and LCD screen? And what cost will it come at?

Planning to replace my HU this week.
You will get better responses in ICE section.
However, check out pioneer FH-P6050UB and alpine CDE-W203E. these are good 2DIN no-nonsense cd/mp3 headunit with aux/usb/ipod connectivity and should go well with the classy interiors of vento. there should be some discussions on the ICE forum regarding these HU, where you might be able to get the pricing details.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:33   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

First on-road spotting of the shadow blue Vento for me! Gorgeous shade- worth waiting for IMHO. It wasn't an option for me since my Swift is dark blue as well, but it was heartbreaking not to get the terra beige on time- let's wait to see what THAT looks like!

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo0176edit.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-photo0177edit.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
You will see 85km/l as soon as you take your feet of the accelerator. So this is not the right figure. From my experience so far, the ave mileage indicator is not that dependable. I will wait for a few full to full tank fills to find it out.
You're looking at the wrong figure, mate! Toggle the MID to get the kmpl with the symbol that looks like Greek letter phi- something like ϕ
What you guys are talking about is the instantaneous consumption figure, which I think has been configured to peak at 85 since I also saw that number quite often early on. The average kmpl figure is quite accurate BTW- from my experience, within 0.5 kmpl of the tank fill to tank fill method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I dont think it will void the warranty since you have 15". If you go for bigger wheels, it will void the warranty.
Nope I checked this. Warranty is voided for any tyre size change. ONLY if you retain 185/65 R15 in another brand (say you dump the Appollo Aceleres for Michelins in same size- if available ) is the warranty not voided. 205 is definitely a dealbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
I've started a thread for my Vento in the ICE section- feel free to add to it!
Old 16th March 2011, 12:18   #1749
BHPian

Updated my ownership thread with goodies being fitted onto the car today.

Last edited by Svis : 16th March 2011 at 12:21. Reason: Already posted in ownership thread
Old 16th March 2011, 16:15   #1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
shadow blue is, IMO, the best color on vento. You guys should check out the color before changing it.
Ya, I too loved Shadow blue, but this time I need to go with my wify's and dad's choice of white. Surely my second vento would be a shadow blue...

Ok. Another good news is, the car got allocated to me. Yes, it's the white one and will be getting in another 10-12 days. Cann't wait put my hands my white beauty. Started the payment formalities and I am planning to go for the zero depreciation car insurance with Bajaj Allianz. Any advice?

Also I am planning to go for HU upgrade and other goodies. My budget would be around 35k for the goodies. I would like to take all your inputs before finalizing on the list.

Thanks,
Giri
Old 16th March 2011, 20:36   #1751
BHPian

First pics on terra beige, Enjoy !

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00497.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00496.jpg
Old 16th March 2011, 22:54   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You're looking at the wrong figure, mate! Toggle the MID to get the kmpl with the symbol that looks like Greek letter phi- something like ϕ
What you guys are talking about is the instantaneous consumption figure, which I think has been configured to peak at 85 since I also saw that number quite often early on. The average kmpl figure is quite accurate BTW- from my experience, within 0.5 kmpl of the tank fill to tank fill method.
I haven't tried the ave readings yet. Too early for that for me as I haven't covered many kms yet. But its great if those are accurate.

Btw, I meant the instantaneous consumption itself in my comments. Guess Naparajito too..
Old 17th March 2011, 09:35   #1753
BHPian

Thanks for the pics, @TopSpeeder. So that means VW has started delivering Terra Beige. Looks good but appears a bit Silverish to me.
Old 17th March 2011, 11:36   #1754
BHPian

The MID readings are super confusing. The kmpl (with the phi symbol) reading for me which I guess is avg FE reading fluctuates between 9.3 and 13 so far! Isnt that too low for a TDI or am I looking at the wrong reading?
Old 17th March 2011, 12:30   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri.R View Post
Ya, I too loved Shadow blue, but this time I need to go with my wify's and dad's choice of white. Surely my second vento would be a shadow blue...

Ok. Another good news is, the car got allocated to me. Yes, it's the white one and will be getting in another 10-12 days. Cann't wait put my hands my white beauty. Started the payment formalities and I am planning to go for the zero depreciation car insurance with Bajaj Allianz. Any advice?

Also I am planning to go for HU upgrade and other goodies. My budget would be around 35k for the goodies. I would like to take all your inputs before finalizing on the list.

Thanks,
Giri
Refer my ownership thread for the goodies list I put in. 35k is more than enough budget if you aren't replacing speakers or putting in amps/SW. Bajaj Allianz zero dep is a good idea. I went with Tata AIG check uut their quote as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks