Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:26   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
@Naveen / Sourav - my driver faced this issue once. But seems to work fine since then. Will observe further before any action.

Also, returned the fibreglass mudguards today for a full refund. Used for a week but the only ones which are made for the Vento are way too tall and scrape even a medium seized bump. Even the holes given on the bumper are insufficient for snug fitting of the same.

Would request views from others who've had good/bad experiences with mudguards.
I use the mudflaps provided by the dealer and scrapes the ground even on med sized potholes. Initially thought that it was the car's under body but then saw the scratches on the mud flaps.
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:38   #1787
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
A decent music system and few more additional will be coming soon in the Highline models. They are currently reviewing and taking feedback from dealerships on the things that are missing or needed for the Highline Vento.

As of now they have shortlisted few:
1) Music system with AUX/USB/BT
2) Audio controls on steering
3) Leather seats
4) Locking mechanism
5) Tweaked front suspension

and new list of accessories.

Of course, the price will be increased but it would be great if they bring these things in reality.

Naveen,

Love to see this come to life soon by VW. May be this would be called as VW VENTO HIGHLINE PLUS.

Hope they also add ORVM indicators and offer extended warranty packages too.
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:10   #1788
Team-BHP Support

In this month's ACI, there is a comparison between Linea, SX-4 d and Vento d.

I am surprised to see them saying that neither of them are good handling Cars, particularly the Vento as there is too much nose dive.

They have ranked the Linea as fair in steering feel department and have ranked good for Vento while on the other page, they go gaga over the steering of Linea and don't praise the Vento much.

Or would they, like always, put up an Errata in the mail section for the goof up and aplogize
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:36   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In this month's ACI, there is a comparison between Linea, SX-4 d and Vento d.

I am surprised to see them saying that neither of them are good handling Cars, particularly the Vento as there is too much nose dive.

They have ranked the Linea as fair in steering feel department and have ranked good for Vento while on the other page, they go gaga over the steering of Linea and don't praise the Vento much.

Or would they, like always, put up an Errata in the mail section for the goof up and aplogize
Yes, I read the comparison. Some of the points aint right. But eventually, Vento emerged as the winner (which is good news)
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:11   #1790
BHPian

I think GTO should start comparision review as well.

Well want to buy true driver's car for 10 lakh price bracket and I have to finalized between Linea T-Jet and Vento TDI.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:15   #1791
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Its a tough call. But, as my personal favorite for sheer driving pleasure, I would say go for T Jet. However, there are too many other factors to be considered before finalizing.

Why dont you start a thread or use an existing thread in "What Car" section?
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:30   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Recently from one of my close associates in NCR I have come to know a strange fact. What he had learnt from VW owners there, all are happy till the 1st or 2nd service. After that, only regrets. Oil filters are not in stock ? Is this really true. Can some NCR Vento owners clarify this fact.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:46   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Recently from one of my close associates in NCR I have come to know a strange fact. What he had learnt from VW owners there, all are happy till the 1st or 2nd service. After that, only regrets. Oil filters are not in stock ? Is this really true. Can some NCR Vento owners clarify this fact.
I guess its too early to get this fact clarified, most of the Ventos will start going to the service station only post July 2011 I guess. Maybe by that time the situation gets better. Just like you see a lot of ventos on the road now, surely a sign that the deliveries and the delays are going to get streamlined
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:15   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I wouldn't give much points for Vento on Steering department. Doesn't seem to give much feedback. Even after upgrading tyres to 205-55-R15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I would be happy if I do not have to go for service till regular services for 3 years.
Old 24th March 2011, 01:37   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
@Naveen / Sourav - my driver faced this issue once. But seems to work fine since then. Will observe further before any action.

Also, returned the fibreglass mudguards today for a full refund. Used for a week but the only ones which are made for the Vento are way too tall and scrape even a medium seized bump. Even the holes given on the bumper are insufficient for snug fitting of the same.

Would request views from others who've had good/bad experiences with mudguards.
This is where the guy from whom I did my accessories helped . While I was insisting on the box type hard mud flaps , he warned me not to go for it as it scraps bumps . On his advice i took the semi - flexible rubber flaps and I am happy I did it . The semi flexible ones are actually cheaper too and thats what prompted me to go for it since the guy was actually pitching for something which made the bill less! That aside , i had some trouble with box typed stiff flaps on my swift where it scrapped bumps and took away chunks of metal from the point where the flap was attached to the body of the car
Old 24th March 2011, 09:18   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
This is where the guy from whom I did my accessories helped . While I was insisting on the box type hard mud flaps , he warned me not to go for it as it scraps bumps . On his advice i took the semi - flexible rubber flaps and I am happy I did it . The semi flexible ones are actually cheaper too and thats what prompted me to go for it since the guy was actually pitching for something which made the bill less! That aside , i had some trouble with box typed stiff flaps on my swift where it scrapped bumps and took away chunks of metal from the point where the flap was attached to the body of the car
You are absolutely right. These hard flaps are really bad on the Vento since it scrapes the ground even on a small slope. We had to go for this since this was the only one available with the dealer. Also, since we had a long drive planned, we didnt get time to check out other shops. It's high time to change them.
Old 24th March 2011, 19:41   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You are absolutely right. These hard flaps are really bad on the Vento since it scrapes the ground even on a small slope. We had to go for this since this was the only one available with the dealer. Also, since we had a long drive planned, we didnt get time to check out other shops. It's high time to change them.
Given the lessons learnt with my Swift, I would advise you to do it sooner rather than later . Mine surely gets scraped but as they are semi flexible they do not make the wretched sound and it saves the bodywork from stress too
Old 25th March 2011, 12:14   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Given the lessons learnt with my Swift, I would advise you to do it sooner rather than later . Mine surely gets scraped but as they are semi flexible they do not make the wretched sound and it saves the bodywork from stress too
Have got mine removed, forced him to give a full refund. Plan to put in rubber ones prior to the monsoon and remove them post since IMHO they dont look as good on a classy exterior like the Vento has, they're ok for Swifts and Indigos.

Was also contemplating painting the hard flaps body colour for a better look, would've cost me 1800. Thank God I didn't do it in light of the subsequent scratches.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:36   #1799
BHPian

Few pics of Shadow Blue Vento before my ownership thread
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00501.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00502.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00503.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00504.jpg  

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 25th March 2011 at 12:40.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:07   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^^ Its a tough call. But, as my personal favorite for sheer driving pleasure, I would say go for T Jet. However, there are too many other factors to be considered before finalizing.

Why dont you start a thread or use an existing thread in "What Car" section?
I am out of India and will come back in July, my current ride in India is Palio 1.2, which is true driver's car, except 0-100 timing. Due to my driving style I get around 9-10 in city and 12-13 on highway. I feel mileage is not concern to me because I have finished my home loan

I need quick 0-100 and best handling within 10 lakh range.

When I come back in India I will have to take good test ride of Vento and Linea t-jet then I will post a thread in team-bhp for +/- of both the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks