Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 14:14   #1816
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Looks like for fuel efficient engines they name it as BlueMotion VW Reference
Old 28th March 2011, 15:19   #1817
BHPian

Folks, finally got my black Vento HL this Friday. Still getting adjusted to Diesel. Will post a review soon.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:58   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Folks, finally got my black Vento HL this Friday. Still getting adjusted to Diesel. Will post a review soon.
Congratulations windsurfer, it seems there is no stopping for Ventos (at least on TBHP). Eager to know your first hand impressions of owning & driving the car. Please share loads of pictures too. Wishing you a very happy ownership experience.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:09   #1819
BHPian

This just out --

Volkswagen Finance gets NBFC licence

Quote:
Volkswagen Finance Private Limited, a subsidiary of Germany based Volkswagen Financial Services AG, today said it has received a licence from the RBI to set up a Non—Banking Finance Company (NBFC) in India.

“We received the licence from the RBI for setting up our NBFC last week. We have already begun operations and will soon cover pan-India,” Volkswagen Finance India’s Board Chairman, Mr Joern Achim Kurzrock, here.

Volkswagen Finance will offer three financial products—Volkswagen Finance, Audi Finance and Skoda Finance—which will be available in VW Group’s 164 outlets pan-India.

The company will make an initial investment of over Rs 120-crore and will be headquartered in Mumbai. It has already hired 120 professionals and plans to increase its head count to 300 by end-2011.

“India being one of the fastest growing economies, Volkswagen Finance wants to present itself in the Indian market as a mobility provider with products which fully respect the needs of Volkswagen, Skoda and Audi customers. Our focus is to support sales of our branded vehicles to customers,” Mr Kurzrock said.

“Besides classical financing we are also introducing a bundled loan with insurance and maintenance packages and become a one-stop shop to support the sales of our brand vehicles in India,” he said.
This seems like good news for VW customers!
Old 29th March 2011, 10:36   #1820
e46
BHPian

@Classic86: Buddy thats a great color you have got out there? I am head over heels in love with it. So much so, that I could buy the Vento just to ogle at it.
Please post more pics or better still, start an ownership thread with booking/ buying experience and tonnes of pics.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:17   #1821
BHPian

Guys, I seem to be having a problem with my new Vento. I hear a sound (some metal grinding) when i press the clutch above 2k rpm. This sound in not there below 2k rpm. Anybody has seen/heard this in their Vento. I am planning to take it to the service center but would like to hear from you guys first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations windsurfer, it seems there is no stopping for Ventos (at least on TBHP). Eager to know your first hand impressions of owning & driving the car. Please share loads of pictures too. Wishing you a very happy ownership experience.
Thanks buddy. The review is coming up soon. I need a good place for photo shoot out

Last edited by Stratos : 30th March 2011 at 17:29.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:19   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I seem to be having a problem with my new Vento. I hear a sound (some metal grinding) when i press the clutch above 2k rpm. This sound in not there below 2k rpm. Anybody has seen/heard this in their Vento. I am planning to take it to the service center but would like to hear from you guys first.
Have heard similar issues on different forums, I never tried pressing clutch at that RPM. however at low RPMs there is definitely a difference in sound once you press the clutch. But I guess a little difference in sound was heard in my good old swift as well.....

I think you should get it checked, do keep us updated about the issue.....

Will let you know if I face a similar issue after the weekend, on the weekend I am off to Goa by road in the White Shadowfax, dont want to have doubts on the engine, so will try this only after i come back from there.

BTW I have done 2200 KM on the ODO no problems so far, checked the engine oil level yesterday, seems to be fine

Last edited by evilshantanu : 29th March 2011 at 11:23.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:47   #1823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went for a long drive last weekend taking along my Vento and Swift. Close to 130 kms, there was a strange metal grinding sound from the front right tyre. Stopped the vehicle and inspected it (thought it was some stick or metal piece grinding the alloys). But couldnt see anything. Poured some water to cool the tires since it was through a ghat section. Waited for sometime and started off again. But the sound was still there. It was so loud that when we reached near the resort, people were looking at us.

On reaching the resort, removed the tyre to inspect it. Found nothing unusual. The sound was really loud during turns and on low speed. Called up the SA but he couldnt help us. Luckily the sound wasnt there during our way back.

Really frustrated with this since this is pretty new vehicle and has only clocked over 8000 kms. To add more to this, the remote is not working now. You need to press really hard to lock/unlock the vehicle. Will be giving it for checkup on Sat. Will update on this.

Getting really frustrated since we had used many cars and havent faced any situations like this, especially during the first couple of months of purchase. Fiesta, clocking 80000 kms didnt show any problems at all.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:15   #1824
BHPian

On Sunday when I went to fix seat cover, I have noticed one city light in headlamps was glowing for no reason when it was parked. I have locked the car properly but still it was on. When I noticed later it was off, not sure why?
Old 29th March 2011, 14:28   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Went for a long drive last weekend taking along my Vento and Swift. Close to 130 kms, there was a strange metal grinding sound from the front right tyre. Stopped the vehicle and inspected it (thought it was some stick or metal piece grinding the alloys). But couldnt see anything. Poured some water to cool the tires since it was through a ghat section. Waited for sometime and started off again. But the sound was still there. It was so loud that when we reached near the resort, people were looking at us.

On reaching the resort, removed the tyre to inspect it. Found nothing unusual. The sound was really loud during turns and on low speed. Called up the SA but he couldnt help us. Luckily the sound wasnt there during our way back.
Had a similar experience in my M800. It turned out to be just a stone which had gotten inside the tire and it came out on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
On Sunday when I went to fix seat cover, I have noticed one city light in headlamps was glowing for no reason when it was parked. I have locked the car properly but still it was on. When I noticed later it was off, not sure why?
This is the parking light. You must have forgotten to switch off the side indicator and the parking light remains on for that side even if you switch off all the lights.So check the position of the stalk before you remove the keys.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:56   #1826
BHPian

@GearOn: Wow, Nice feature. Thanks for letting me know abt it.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:32   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Here are the pictures of my blue sapphire. The color is much better in person than on the pics. I will take the car on the 26th, my birthday. An unexpected coincidence. Makes it more special I guess. Will shoot-in the initial ownership thread in a week.

I'm also attaching a pic of the terra beige shade. It's almost 85 % silver with a tinge of beige. Actually it's much better than silver and nearer to champagne gold.
Cool. Waiting to see more Blue and beige Vento's. Post more pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Classic - OEM tyres are JK Vectra now? Earlier batches used to come in appollo accleres.
They currently have both Apollos and JKs. They told me that its just your luck, which ones you will get. I got Accelere; but didn't matter as I replaced those with Yokos anyway.
Quote:
Quote:
Great!!!. Waiting for the first black Vento's review.

Did you get any more updates on this issue above 2k rpm?
Quote:

Really frustrated with this since this is pretty new vehicle and has only clocked over 8000 kms. To add more to this, the remote is not working now. You need to press really hard to lock/unlock the vehicle. Will be giving it for checkup on Sat. Will update on this.

Getting really frustrated since we had used many cars and havent faced any situations like this, especially during the first couple of months of purchase. Fiesta, clocking 80000 kms didnt show any problems at all.
m'mmm.. not so good . Hope its nothing bad!!. Keep us posted.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:11   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
@Classic86: Buddy thats a great color you have got out there? I am head over heels in love with it. So much so, that I could buy the Vento just to ogle at it.
Please post more pics or better still, start an ownership thread with booking/ buying experience and tonnes of pics.
Thank you.. Yes I'm in love too.. It actually looks best in sunlight.. Similar to how a vampire in Twilight movies glitters in sunlight.. I waited an extra 2 months (6 months total) for this color.. And it's definitely worth waiting..

I was just little busy with my MBA applications.. So, will shoot the ownership thread in a week or two.. Just trying to find an excellent location and a DSLR to give it the best look.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:42   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went for a long drive last weekend taking along my Vento and Swift. Close to 130 kms, there was a strange metal grinding sound from the front right tyre.
To add more to this, the remote is not working now. You need to press really hard to lock/unlock the vehicle. Will be giving it for checkup on Sat. Will update on this.
Sorry to hear that Naveen, keeping my fingers crossed that this gets resolved fast. If its only happening at high speeds then Gearon's point may indeed be valid else it cannot be explained with the stone factor only. Are you sure its a tyre noise and not coming from the front suspension ?

Regarding the remote, have you tried changing the batteries
Old 30th March 2011, 00:00   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! It is indeed raining Vento's in this forum. Me too am expecting the delivery of my Black Vento this thursday & the detailed review cum ownership thread coming up soon.

Last edited by JJames : 30th March 2011 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks