Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 09:30   #1831
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
m'mmm.. not so good . Hope its nothing bad!!. Keep us posted.
Definitely. I shall be giving it on Saturday. I told them to take the whole weekend and get things fixed. Will take it back only on Monday. Will update with full details once I have it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Sorry to hear that Naveen, keeping my fingers crossed that this gets resolved fast. If its only happening at high speeds then Gearon's point may indeed be valid else it cannot be explained with the stone factor only. Are you sure its a tyre noise and not coming from the front suspension ?

Regarding the remote, have you tried changing the batteries
To my surprise, this happens only on slow speed. Less than 15km/hr and during sharp turns. It's not from the shocks, guess it's from the brakes, a metal grinding sound. It's very loud at times. But havent noticed that yesterday and today.

I havent changed the batteries and I dont think it's time to change it either. It's been only 4 months now and I have used the Fiesta for 5 years and havent changed the batteries of it's remote.

It's just 4 months, remote dies and a loud sound from the discs. Slowly started to get irritated. On the other hand, Swift going well.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:12   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's just 4 months, remote dies and a loud sound from the discs. Slowly started to get irritated. On the other hand, Swift going well.
Naveen, it happens. I know it could be very irritating & frustrating, especially to happen on a new vehicle, please don't get bogged down. Just to site my example, within a week of purchase of my new Indica & driving in the heavy Mumbai rains, my car's central locking conked off. Went to the service centre only to know that my unit needs to be replaced & the replacement was not in stock, expected to come in a weeks time. Finally got the job done after 2 weeks & it has been working fine for almost 7 years now.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:34   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Naveen, it happens. I know it could be very irritating & frustrating, especially to happen on a new vehicle, please don't get bogged down. Just to site my example, within a week of purchase of my new Indica & driving in the heavy Mumbai rains, my car's central locking conked off. Went to the service centre only to know that my unit needs to be replaced & the replacement was not in stock, expected to come in a weeks time. Finally got the job done after 2 weeks & it has been working fine for almost 7 years now.
I know, but didnt expect this from a reputed brand. VW is said to be one of the best in business now. If Ford can do this, why cant VW?

Anyways, am not completely bogged down. Just waiting for them to find the fault and fix this soon. Hope this wont happen to anyone else since VW is slowly picking their way into the Indian market. Such small faults will cause concern to owners and will reflect the brands outlook.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:38   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know, but didnt expect this from a reputed brand. VW is said to be one of the best in business now. Such small faults will cause concern to owners and will reflect the brands outlook.
Surely understand your concern, as this is your prized possession, hope the problem is identified and should discuss in detail then. Awaiting your update this weekend.

Cheers!
Old 30th March 2011, 12:05   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
I know, but didnt expect this from a reputed brand. VW is said to be one of the best in business now. If Ford can do this, why cant VW?

Anyways, am not completely bogged down. Just waiting for them to find the fault and fix this soon. Hope this wont happen to anyone else since VW is slowly picking their way into the Indian market. Such small faults will cause concern to owners and will reflect the brands outlook.
Don't worry Dude, I think/hope it will be some minor issue.
Please don't jump to conclusion so fast until the problem is identified, take it cool.
Keep us posted on the finding and fixes.
Try to relax till then.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:23   #1836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Surely understand your concern, as this is your prized possession, hope the problem is identified and should discuss in detail then. Awaiting your update this weekend.

Cheers!
Will surely do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Don't worry Dude, I think/hope it will be some minor issue.
Please don't jump to conclusion so fast until the problem is identified, take it cool.
Keep us posted on the finding and fixes.
Try to relax till then.
Am all cool. But such small things can really bug me. I know these guys are capable of providing a valid explanation of the cause. Will definitely keep the thread updated once I have some news from them.
Cheers
Old 30th March 2011, 17:29   #1837
BHPian

A quick update on clutch noise above 2k - I have taken the car to the service station and they confirmed that it is not a problem. The reason given was that sudden dropping of rpm in Turbo range causes this. Not fully convinced but seems like I need not worry about it. I will keep watching this to see if it gets any worse.
Old 31st March 2011, 00:38   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
A quick update on clutch noise above 2k - I have taken the car to the service station and they confirmed that it is not a problem. The reason given was that sudden dropping of rpm in Turbo range causes this. Not fully convinced but seems like I need not worry about it. I will keep watching this to see if it gets any worse.
Not a very convincing reason. If that is true, then it should be there in all Vento TDIs. Didn't see that in my car yet. But yes, I am not taking her above 2k rpm much.
Old 31st March 2011, 02:36   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not making a joke but the reply by the SC belongs to the quirky comments by non petrolheads thread.

What sudden drop of rpm are they talking about? There is a drop sudden or otherwise in thousands of turbo equipped cars going around on the roads but I doubt if they have mechanical components making noises as described by you previously. You have allowed the service center to dust your troubles and hide them under the carpet.

Nip the problem in the bud, either take this upstairs or go to a second service provider. Of course if you would rather wait and allow the problem to escalate that is your choice.
Old 31st March 2011, 09:30   #1840
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Shadow Blue Vento outside my office yesterday. Looks awesome in flesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img00340201103291254.jpg  

Old 31st March 2011, 11:17   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Terra Biege Vento near Pashan in Pune yesterday morning. It looked really elegant. Infact I really liked the shade on Vento. But, the Biege was so so light, that it was almost tending to white. But still, it looked pretty good.
Old 31st March 2011, 13:30   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Not making a joke but the reply by the SC belongs to the quirky comments by non petrolheads thread.

What sudden drop of rpm are they talking about? There is a drop sudden or otherwise in thousands of turbo equipped cars going around on the roads but I doubt if they have mechanical components making noises as described by you previously. You have allowed the service center to dust your troubles and hide them under the carpet.

Nip the problem in the bud, either take this upstairs or go to a second service provider. Of course if you would rather wait and allow the problem to escalate that is your choice.
I don't agree with SA but he was very confident that this is there in every Vento and I did not had another Vento at the service station to prove him wrong. Well, I intend to drive another Vento to see to if that is the case indeed.
Old 31st March 2011, 14:20   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Saw a Terra Biege Vento near Pashan in Pune yesterday morning. It looked really elegant. Infact I really liked the shade on Vento. But, the Biege was so so light, that it was almost tending to white. But still, it looked pretty good.
Oh wow will keep an eye out for it. It could have been mine *sigh* but I chose the candy white more than 2 months ago and no regrets!
Old 2nd April 2011, 00:11   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Folks, The Vento is the KING of the C segment !!! Check out the March sales figures as posted by GTO , blown City away
Old 2nd April 2011, 02:02   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't agree with SA but he was very confident that this is there in every Vento and I did not had another Vento at the service station to prove him wrong. Well, I intend to drive another Vento to see to if that is the case indeed.
Please think, would a manufacturer forget VW, think any manufacturer. Would they ever make a machine wherein components make noises when working in tandem. Clean noises such as air cutting, electromagnetic whines, mechanical hums are different. I am referring to the dirty noises, grinding, knocking etc. It is like the line of software that gets written not flowing from or into the preceding and proceeding lines respectively.

Worst bit is you are ready to see if the noise exists in another Vento. What if you happen to drive one that is carrying the parts from the same batch as yours and does make the same/similar noise. Will you accept it as inevitable.

I am not saying that something is catastrophically wrong but something is not right either. Do not go by what the SA is saying and instead insist on the service guys taking a closer and keener look at your vehicle.

Most Viewed