Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 10:20   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I got my left rear lamp (whole unit) changed since a idiot biker bumped his handle and broke it. The cost was 1900/-. Another 153 for labour. I would think thats reasonable. Dont believe in what people say without having to purchase one.

Hope people put the costs in this or some other thread.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 10:37   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Oops. Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend the parking sensors if you don't have them already.

Mine was done by the workshop's driver. It was his fault. So the workshop bared the cost of the paint job.
True, I felt the need for parking sensors almost immediately after the impact - they are a must, at least for sedans. My plan is to integrate the sensors with the touchscreen HU that I hope to get some time soon. Guess it's not a good idea to wait any longer - integration to a future touchscreen upgrade shouldn't be an issue I suppose.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:54   #1998
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento badly needs parking sensors. The rear view vision is really bad. Sorry to hear about the scratch sith.
Old 28th April 2011, 12:23   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have done 3300 kms in one month, no issues so far. Engine is smoother nowadays. Unless you notice the speedometer, tough to say you are cruising at 130+ kmph.

Surprisingly I notice type pressure was 41, My bad I didn't check till last week. Then I have changed to 32. I hope this was the reason for me getting 23 kmpl.

Any update on IPL Audio system?, I'm hesitant to go for Witson after I heard the audio quality it even equal to built in one.
3300 in one month is great mileage!
I can relate to it, I have done 6900 in 2 months :-P
Old 28th April 2011, 16:31   #2000
BHPian

@evilshantanu: Every weekend I had long drive, (Or I wanted to have long drive )

Also I have recently noticed my rear power windows has issue like getting stuck and not rolling down, need to visit workshop.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:39   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
@evilshantanu: Every weekend I had long drive, (Or I wanted to have long drive )

Also I have recently noticed my rear power windows has issue like getting stuck and not rolling down, need to visit workshop.
BTW if you are referring to rear windows not rolling down completely, then that is expected behavior. This is there in all the european cars (or at least the ones that I know of)
Old 28th April 2011, 16:52   #2002
BHPian

@ Top Speeder : thats an awesome running. I just fell short by couple of hundred kms. Mine is 2800 kms in a month

reversing in a vento is really a pain due the limited view.

Are there any changes in the MFD in treandline and highline?
I cannot see the mileage per litre option
Old 28th April 2011, 17:16   #2003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
3300 in one month is great mileage!
I can relate to it, I have done 6900 in 2 months :-P
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
@ Top Speeder : thats an awesome running. I just fell short by couple of hundred kms. Mine is 2800 kms in a month
I have done 4900 km in 3 months. Long trips to Solapur, Aurangabad and of course multiple runs up and down the Mumbai- Pune expressway. Frankly, this car make me want to hit the highway every weekend

Today I went on a HU-hunting spree and came back disappointed. Got a demo of the IPL Vento ICE and while it's OK, there are some major issues:
  1. There is a thick chrome strip saying "Multimedia Player" towards the top of the HU. I know Indians are obsessed with chrome but what next: an engraved caption near the horn saying "Steering wheel"?
  2. The start-up menu has the DLF IPL logo alongside the VW one. The Jetta and Passat has a lovely "Welcome to Volkswagen" message. This is just lame.
  3. The system hangs too often for my liking- happened twice during my demo alone. Not a good thing.
  4. Worst of all, VW is not offering this HU as a standalone accessory. Apparently they are getting a lot of requests from Highline owners requesting a paid upgrade but there is no plan to offer this on anything other than the IPL edition.
Also, VW Pune tells me smugly that no alternatives are available to the OEM HU despite the authorised accessories list contains a number of them including ones with Bluetooth, navigation, and what not. It's totally befuddling.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:29   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post

Are there any changes in the MFD in treandline and highline?
I cannot see the mileage per litre option
Are you seeing the mileage in any other form, say liters per 100km? I'm not cent percent sure but I think you can configure the MFD to display mileage either in l/100km or km/l.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:32   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Are you seeing the mileage in any other form, say liters per 100km? I'm not cent percent sure but I think you can configure the MFD to display mileage either in l/100km or km/l.
No not at all. I dont see the mileage tab at all.
How do we configure the MFD?
Guess, I need to go to the showroom.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:37   #2006
BHPian

@mikon, it looks like Trendline is not equipped with MFD at all. You can look at the following piece that I picked from GTO's review on pg 1.

"Between the Trendline & Highline Ventos, the difference is about Rs. 1.25 lakhs. For that money, you get ABS, dual airbags, alloy wheels, climate control, keyless entry, security system, rear power windows, electric mirrors, height-adjustable driver's seat, MP3 / CD audio system, a multi-function display, fog lights, rear armrest and some miscellaneous bits."

Last edited by Mpower : 29th April 2011 at 21:50. Reason: do not use bold
Old 28th April 2011, 17:44   #2007
BHPian

Hey thanks a lot for the information !
How ever there are rear power windows in the trendline.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:06   #2008
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys. Getting my Vento AT next Friday 6th May on Akshay Tritya. Guess will be joining Jesal & Noopster as the guys with the AT variant. A long long history which i shall share when i write an ownership report in the weeks to come. Also, i enquired about the IPL Version's HU which will not be available to us HL owners, even as an option. But good that Anoop checked it out in person. Need to research on a good touchscreen HU with the works: Navigation, Reverse Camera, Bluetooth, DVD Player, etc. Planning on Stanley's too but depending on folks at home if they are comfortable with leather. And 3M which has served me well on my i10 AT. Still skeptical on the Front Windscreen.

Lets see & hope all goes well. Cheers guys!
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 22:15   #2009

@sith_lord: The car looks stunning! Congrats!
Well every new vento delivered in TBhp makes me think of the day when my car will be delivered. Why can't VW do something so that our fantasy cars are available off the shelf? (divine intervention should help)
Old 29th April 2011, 12:09   #2010
BHPian

@evilshantanu: I'm referring to when I press and hold the right rear power windows button it's not rolling from it's top position itself. This is not regular and it happens only some time. So I need to visit DownTown in weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks