Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:25   #2026
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys, I've fixed the mirror and also did a wheel alignment too.
I've written my workshop visit and the price details at my ownership report.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2335166

Last edited by mikon : 2nd May 2011 at 14:42.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:04   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Guys, I've fixed the mirror and also did a wheel alignment too.
I've written my workshop visit and the price details at my ownership report.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2335166
Mikon, Is it possible for you to check out the bumper pricing from the showroom? I will also try to pull it out here in Chennai
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:08   #2028
BHPian

Sure, I'll.
Another black vento's front bumper was being reeplaced. Forgot to ask the price.
Old 4th May 2011, 10:55   #2029
BHPian

I have been hearing of AC (not working and has been running so for one month now) and ECU problems (there was no pic up untill 4000 rpm till the ECU was remaped) form couple of owners who i know. Can others confirm of such problems in the Vento. I have booked one and expecing delivery by end of this month.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:08   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
I have been hearing of AC (not working and has been running so for one month now) and ECU problems (there was no pic up untill 4000 rpm till the ECU was remaped) form couple of owners who i know. Can others confirm of such problems in the Vento. I have booked one and expecing delivery by end of this month.
No issues so far. I have been using it for almost 5 months with 9000 kms clocked.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:15   #2031
BHPian

Visited the showroom for getting accessories for scheduled Friday delivery.

Got following Accessories booked:
- Carpet Mat Full (Including Rear Centre Tunnel)
- Car Cover (Silver)
- Mud Flaps
- V-Kool Front 94% (VK-70) & S/R 76% Elegant Range Silver Blue
- Stanley Black Italian Full Leather with Door Trims with New Passat Style Fit & Pattern Design

Seat Covers take total 4 days from order to fitting, so will take delivery as it is & leave the car for a day for Stanley's.

Tyres mostly she said its Apollo Accelere as i'm getting a Jan 2011 make as per VIN No., so i may not upgrade. But if its JK Vectra, i will drive to the Tyre Shop right from there and change to Yoko C-drives 195/60/R15.

A good Touchscreen Music System with Reverse Sensor, Navigator, DVD Player, etc. basically 'the works' is now on my radar.

Can't wait.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 4th May 2011 at 14:17.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:18   #2032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Visited the showroom for getting accessories for scheduled Friday delivery.

Got following Accessories booked:
- Carpet Mat Full (Including Rear Centre Tunnel)
- Car Cover (Silver)
- Mud Flaps
- V-Kool Front 94% (VK-70) & S/R 76% Elegant Range Silver Blue
- Stanley Black Italian Full Leather with Door Trims with New Passat Style Fit & Pattern Design

Seat Covers take total 4 days from order to fitting, so will take delivery as it is & leave the car for a day for Stanley's.

Tyres mostly she said its Apollo Accelere as i'm getting a Jan 2011 make as per VIN No., so i may not upgrade. But if its JK Vectra, i will drive to the Tyre Shop right from there and change to Yoko C-drives 195/60/R15.

A good Touchscreen Music System with Reverse Sensor, Navigator, DVD Player, etc. basically 'the works' is now on my radar.

Can't wait.
Congrats and awesome update. Waiting to see your leather seats. Update us when you take your car. All the best.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:20   #2033
BHPian

Great!. Could you please reveal the price for Stanley Seat covers? I'm planning to do too.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:26   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats and awesome update. Waiting to see your leather seats. Update us when you take your car. All the best.
Hey thanks Naveen. Leather seats you may have to wait till next week, i have placed the order, but want to take the delivery of the car on Akhand Teej (Akshay Tritya) hence there will be a delay. The wait will be worth though, i assure you. Getting the same Passat design for it.

Quote:
Great!. Could you please reveal the price for Stanley Seat covers? I'm planning to do too.
Check PM.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:35   #2035
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone think the diesel clatter is louder in Vento? Also, the suspension wobbles from side to side a bit on uneven roads, especially when both wheels travel over uneven pavement at the same time.
VW should have stiffened up the suspension a bit. I am not enjoying the drive on such roads. Feels like driving a soft sprung MUV.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:41   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Does anyone think the diesel clatter is louder in Vento? Also, the suspension wobbles from side to side a bit on uneven roads, especially when both wheels travel over uneven pavement at the same time.
VW should have stiffened up the suspension a bit. I am not enjoying the drive on such roads. Feels like driving a soft sprung MUV.
Exactly My observations.
Diesel Engine sound is higher during idling. (more than Skoda)
THere is a bit wobbling on un even roads.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:53   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
I actually felt the same when i drove the 1.6CR & even mentioned it in my report. I wouldn't enjoy the wobble too.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:10   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I actually felt the same when i drove the 1.6CR & even mentioned it in my report. I wouldn't enjoy the wobble too.
It depends on what roads you drive often. Going faster is better but then the traffic may not allow you to always. This observation is while driving alone and need to see how it behaves when loaded.

Also, if you drive a little faster (tiny bit faster, you cant be going fast on a hump ) when going up a speed hump theres a bit of throw up at the wheels. The weight of car is not well matched to the spring rate I think.

I have started driving my Civic and Swift a bit when travelling on some roads.

Last edited by srishiva : 4th May 2011 at 15:11.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:13   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey buddy

AFAIK, VW India made a official tie-up with Apollo Tyres last year which meant that all VW India vehicles will have ONLY Apollo tyres. Isn't that the case? Other owners can comment on the same.

Quote:
Does anyone think the diesel clatter is louder in Vento?
I agree 200%. I was actually shocked a bit when I first heard the clatter in Vento TDi. It was around 11 pm and one Vento was standing on idle for a few minutes near my house. It could have been less louder being a VW. But atleast the cabin insulation is good enough to ignore the clatter.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:29   #2040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I took the car VW quoted 35k For Stanley Leathers and when I went to the Stanley showroom they quoted 32k. This is the mid range series with seats, door pad, steering and front arm rest.

Quote:
Yes, it's loud. Although the cabin noise isnt bad, it's loud outside when I compared with my diesel swift and fiesta.

Vento suspension is soft and it does bounce a lot. I experienced this recently when I took the highway which was resurfaced lately. It made the rear passengers a bit uncomfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks