Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 00:02   #2071
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Since I had purchased my car back in April i had installed VW Floor Mats Beige Color for Rs. 1815 from the dealer i wasn't satisfied with them. The reason being while driving the floor mat had the tendency to move up because of the foot movement and used to prevent the clutch from full depression. Which was really a problem. No matter how much I try to prevent but it was the same.
Even I am facing the same problem with the transparent floor mats in my Sx4. I do not know whether something is wrong with my driving or not but many times the floor mats move up and down, roll up a little and come in between my feet and pedal. It is really irritating while driving. Are you still facing the problem of mat movement with the new mats? I hope they are a little heavier compared to the transparent ones so that they do not move easily with your foot movements.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:41   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Even I am facing the same problem with the transparent floor mats in my Sx4. I do not know whether something is wrong with my driving or not but many times the floor mats move up and down, roll up a little and come in between my feet and pedal. It is really irritating while driving. Are you still facing the problem of mat movement with the new mats? I hope they are a little heavier compared to the transparent ones so that they do not move easily with your foot movements.
Well the Kagu 3D mats are designed as such they fit perfectly around the floor and now I dont have the problem as I was earlier having with the beige rubber mats. You can try Kagu 3D mats for your SX4, no idea if they are available for SX4 or not. Another great thing about these mats is that they have a side wall which prevents dirt from moving out of the mats.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:15   #2073
Senior - BHPian

I threw out my transparent mats for Vento and bought the Kagu 3D mats. They fit very well.

I have noticed that when the car is on and if you open the left rear door sometimes the diesel smoke can be smelt inside. Has anyone experienced the same? Think its due to the way the exhaust is placed well beneath the rear and nearer towards the left rear door.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:18   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Mikon, Is it possible for you to check out the bumper pricing from the showroom? I will also try to pull it out here in Chennai
A sales guy at Sundaram Motors, Chennai promised me to email selected spares lists prices of Vento. As expected it never happened & when I called him to check the status, he expressed the difficulties in making a photocopy of the list, but promised me to share, if I visit in person.

Explained him in detail that I do not want the accessories list (like seat cover, sun film cost) & its spares cost list (Headlight, clutch set etc). After confirmation, I traveled all the way to showroom to get it collected. Sales guy walked towards me with a paper in his hand & as expected its the accessories list.

10 minutes later, I was sitting in front of the spares manager,who explained me in detail that everything is in system & there is no hard copy as such. He added that even pulling out the prices in system is not a straight forward job, where first he needs to get the part number & enter into a different screen to get the pricing...VW Software....Nice guy, who helped me with these prices

Clutch assembly complete set - Rs.10,100/-
Headlight assembly - Rs.3750/-
Bumper FR - 3125/-

I don't want to pain him more as he went to many screens with lots of pastes to pull out the details...

I also attach the accessories list that was given to me by the sales rep
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Accessories.pdf (320.9 KB, 2148 views)
Old 12th May 2011, 15:35   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Bumper FR - 3125/-
That cost is just of the bumper. Painting the bumper costs as much and then on top of that VW adds atrocious labour charges. So the cost of a new bumper goes close to 5 digits number. My friend had to it for his Polo recently and it went beyond 10k for him. Thank God, he had Zero Dep policy.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:49   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have noticed that when the car is on and if you open the left rear door sometimes the diesel smoke can be smelt inside. Has anyone experienced the same? Think its due to the way the exhaust is placed well beneath the rear and nearer towards the left rear door.
Yes , the smell comes when the door is left open for a few minutes . I think its true for most vehicles and depends more on wind direction rather than due to placement of the exhaust .
Old 12th May 2011, 15:58   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
That cost is just of the bumper. Painting the bumper costs as much and then on top of that VW adds atrocious labour charges. So the cost of a new bumper goes close to 5 digits number. My friend had to it for his Polo recently and it went beyond 10k for him. Thank God, he had Zero Dep policy.
Its inconceivable that the bumper would cost apprx 3k and labour cost would be 7K !! Is it possible for you to share the bill from your friend ? The feedback that I have got is that some spares may take time but I haven't had heard any specific complaint about spares being hugely expensive or labour being atrociously high. Of course they would not be Maruti level but its comparable to Ford / Honda/ Toyota levels
Old 12th May 2011, 17:00   #2078
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes. I can get the bill from my friend. As far as I remember, the total bumper cost was close to 12k something. Anyway, will let you know the exact cost soon.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:40   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^^ Yes. I can get the bill from my friend. As far as I remember, the total bumper cost was close to 12k something. Anyway, will let you know the exact cost soon.
That would be really great...attaching a scanned copy of the bills. Really interested to find out in what way they charged that extra 5-6k
Old 12th May 2011, 21:41   #2080
BHPian

Got the Stanley seat covers fitted. Looks really good. Clicked a couple of pictures & will post them in an hour or so as soon as I email them from my BB>Tab>Android App Attachment.

And while I was at it, got side step sills fitted too. Those pics I'll post later.
Old 12th May 2011, 21:52   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Got the Stanley seat covers fitted. Looks really good. Clicked a couple of pictures & will post them in an hour or so as soon as I email them from my BB>Tab>Android App Attachment.

And while I was at it, got side step sills fitted too. Those pics I'll post later.
<deleted>

Edit: Got the prices of your seats covers (40K) and the color of your car
=========

Last edited by Surprise : 12th May 2011 at 21:53.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:49   #2082
BHPian

Here are some pictures that i clicked last night & this morning. As they were clicked from my Blackberry, they may not be very clear. Will click some good pics when i post my ownership report. The feel of the Stanley's is simply fabulous. Love it!

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051200335.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051200334.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300338.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300339.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300340.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300341.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300342.jpg

The driver seat is pushed right back. So you can see the ample leg room.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300343.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300345.jpg

Door Step Sills
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011051300346.jpg

Last edited by anilkalvani : 13th May 2011 at 09:54.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 14:46   #2083
Senior - BHPian

[quote=anilkalvani;2349604]Here are some pictures that i clicked last night & this morning. As they were clicked from my Blackberry, they may not be very clear. Will click some good pics when i post my ownership report. The feel of the Stanley's is simply fabulous. Love it!

Stanley covers and Kagu mats !! * Drool *
Looks awesome Anil
Old 13th May 2011, 15:18   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Its inconceivable that the bumper would cost apprx 3k and labour cost would be 7K !!
Its true. But painting and labor charges are covered by insurance 100% so its not such a big problem, it becomes a problem when they charge you 4,000 for painting and 1000 as labour for your 3000 rs. spoiler without telling you
Old 13th May 2011, 22:29   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Polo soon to get steering mounted controls:

Source : Motorbeam

Attachment 544360
Will it be for Vento too?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2012volkswagenpoloindiasteering.jpg  

Last edited by Surprise : 13th May 2011 at 22:30.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed