Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 23:08   #2086
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Great and hope VW offers the steering controls as an accessory and it can be retrofitted into previously sold Polos and Ventos.
Old 14th May 2011, 00:06   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Great news this. I would assume VW will include this in the vento too since polo from a segment below has these. I believe there was a post in VW factory visit thread about an updated vento on the cards. One more reason for me to put up with the waiting period nonsense!!!
Old 14th May 2011, 11:58   #2088
BHPian

Wow! great news. I have been waiting to hear this. I Checked up with the showroom couple of times after taking delivery of my Vento about two things: (1) steering mounted controls and (2) possibility of fitting the indicator lights below the two mirrors.
It was a plain NO from them :-(

As for the steering controls, I feel it is a basic necessity in any car allowing high speeds. A two-three second slip of road sight to change volume/track may turn out truly dangerous. It would be such a sweet news if it is possible to get it for Vento.

For the second need: As there is no difference at all between the front look of Vento & Polo, I wanted to bring in some change. The lights below the mirror holder looked like the best one to consider. If you see it closely, it already has a dummy cover separating the mirror assembly. So, I thought it must be possible to install indicator lights from other VW or Skoda car spare parts. But the show room guys said that the internal electrical connections do not allow this.

I will keep my fingers crossed for both the features.
Old 14th May 2011, 22:13   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to read the below captured comments from the users of VW Vento. Dealership problems seems to be a major issues...I was in VW showroom for a test drive today & could see lack of coordination between the staffs..

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE BUYING VW VENTO - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! - A Review on Volkswagen Vento by S C Mukerjee - CarWale

Quote:
I bought a VW Vento from the Calcutta dealer (OSL Exclusive) and have had a harrowing time since then. The car arrived without some parts like parking sensors and audio manuals. Some mechanicals were malfunctioning like the clutch and the fuel injector. Repeated e-mails and phone calls elicited no response - apparently VW and OSL's idea of client-service is not to respond to any communication! I the took the car to the dealer who fiddled around with the engine; he did not give me the missing parts. The dealer said that he didnt have spares, adequate tools or even a fully equipped workshop. I then complained to VW Customer Care who said that they would resolve the issues. Up until today - nothing whatsoever. What do you think I should now do to get them to do the job? I have never experienced such awful customer-unfriendliness from any dealer anywhere
2nd time car stared showing problems - A Review on Volkswagen Vento by Akash Gupta - CarWale

Quote:
1ST TIME WHEN THIS PROBLEM CROP UP VOLKSWAGEN IGNORED IT for TWO WEEKS TILL I HAD POSTED IT IN FACEBOOK AFTER THAT THEY TOOK TWO WEEKS BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM, IT WAS THE WORST SERVICE EVER OFFERED TO ME BY ANY CAR MANUFACTURER.
I WAS NOT EXPECTING SUCH A BAD CAR AND BAD WORST *** SERVICE EXPERIENCE FROM WORLD KNOWN COMPANY 'VOLKSWAGEN '
PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING THAT THEIR BOFORE SALES SERVICE EXPERIENCE IS ONLY BAD, BE PREPARED FOR FACING AFTER SALES SERVICE EXPERIANCE WHICH WILL GOING TO BE FULL OF PROBLEMS.
NO DOUBT VOLKSWAGEN IS GOING SKODA WAY
Worst Automatic car I've ever driven. Gave problem from first month and still not fine. - A Review on Volkswagen Vento by Kunaal Dewan - CarWale

Quote:
Worst problem even faced with a autiomatic. The gearbox started giving problems after the first month of purchase. The car jurks at every gear change and this too after being driving within the city and at low speeds. We sent the car for checking and they returned the car saying its ok. 2 days later again the same problem started . Finally they changed a few electronics of the gearbox and took a week for that. And again after a month of that, the same problem again started and now the company is replacing the whole gearbox which will take more than 10days. The VW company seriously needs to look at its quality and customer service in India if it wants to survive.
Edit: I test drove the Diesel HL Vento & liked it a lot. Horrible delivery period of 6-8 months :(......Inspite of all "not so good" news about VW Vento or its dealerships, I really like to own one. Confusion continues over ANHV

Last edited by Surprise : 14th May 2011 at 22:19.
Old 15th May 2011, 12:11   #2090
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you test drive the verna too, heard the TD vehicles have reached the dealers. Seriously, the attitude of dealers is pathetic and the car only sells on nature of its strong points a you had mentioned below. I'm looking at a good alternative to cancel my vento booking, but then to me the new verna has been a big letdown. The only other option I have is cruze, but it would be stretching my budget a little too far. Good luck my friend, I would be very interested to know what you finally decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise

Edit: I test drove the Diesel HL Vento & liked it a lot. Horrible delivery period of 6-8 months :(......Inspite of all "not so good" news about VW Vento or its dealerships, I really like to own one. Confusion continues over ANHV
Old 15th May 2011, 14:27   #2091
BHPian

I guess this is a bit offtopic, though related to Vento.

I went to Blue Hyundai showroom yesterday to meet a friend there & had a detailed look at the new Fluidic Verna. See this post in Verna thread

Interesting part was that, my Vento parked inside a Verna showroom created some unusual moments. I faced lot of questions from some of those people who were actually waiting for the "vento owner" to get their queries answered. I tried my best to give a neutral viewpoint. It ended up with couple of Verna salesmen reaching the car & trying to compare/justify Verna

Verna Diesel MT without leather upholstery but with new features like music system with BT & steering controls and rear view camera integrated to the mirror comes at around 11.5 lacs while Vento TDi Highline comes at around 11 lacs sans those features (both Bangalore on road). So, for that difference of 50K can almost get those missing features (except for the steering controls. This was the reason for the ambiguity for those visitors. In essence, C segment is full of competition!
Old 15th May 2011, 17:51   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Surprised to read the below captured comments from the users of VW Vento. Dealership problems seems to be a major issues...I was in VW showroom for a test drive today & could see lack of coordination between the staffs..

Well I own a Vento TDI HL . I don't think anyone can deny that the buying experience at the dealership leaves a lot to be desired - I benchmark it against Honda and compared to it the VW dealers were pathetic . They are ill informed about the car, attitude deserves a kick on their backside, TD takes time , etc , etc.
Having said that , I still chose to buy the car because I believe in the following:-
1. VW has been investing quite a lot in India , they have been scaling up their production, they have been expanding their dealership networks, they have been launching new models , etc, etc which shows an unprecedented seriousness about India ( they did the same in China very successfully). I distrust the Fiat model thats why even though i love their cars I didn't even consider them. VW has the resources but these brick and mortar setup takes time , cannot be done overnight . OEM network needs a few months to scale up . Till such time (around a year) spares delays should be expected.
2. I never expect an A.S.S. like Maruti or Hyundai - neither the network nor the cost but I don't see any reason to panic about VW. Have visited the workshop at Nerul ( Mumbai) and was very pleased at the equipment level. It had VW imprint and supervision written all over it .
3. The car is awesome , the engine is great, the build quality is great

Thus I have put my money on a fantastic car and took a leap of faith on the A.S.S. as I believe that it would be smooth enough within a year. You need to take call on the objectivity of the feedback received, I found it to be hysterical - now the person has every right to be livid when one spends nearly 11 lakhs but I think spares problems does not make a car the worst car. Just to give an example , I had to take my Swift to 3 Maruti workshops spread across 4 services and 2 years to get just my door rattle issue solved ! This was from the fairly reliable Maruti A.S.S! I still believe that they are good, one outlier event does not change my impression.
Though after my experience with body rattle I swore that my next car would have to be a Honda or a Toyota ( VW became an option later) , body rattle had to be stamped out from my drive which ruled out Maruti and Hyundai from my options immediately. Chevy running costs are proven to be astronomical and Cruze didn't come with the 3 year maintenance package which ruled it out. IMO I don't think ANHV is really Vento's competitor , the cars are very different in character

I was buying a car primarily ( all the other add-ons like great audio, sensors , etc are frills after all - one that can be supplanted) . Engine and Build are like the mind and soul of the car , one cannot buy a transplant from elsewhere .. Vento represented the best that I could afford according to my view point and according to my needs! I am very impressed with the car , already completed 5500 km in 2 months including a Mumbai- Goa-Mumbai trip .

You need to think through whats most valuable to you and prepare a list and mark out what the various available options tick out the most ! No car would meet all your requirements - you would have to go by which one ticks the most points and then put your money on the beauty that tugs your heart strings the most and give in to temptation
All the best

Last edited by souravc : 15th May 2011 at 17:54.
souravc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 21:57   #2093
BHPian

See attached Vento parts price list. Thanks to our friend who shared this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Parts Pricelist0001.pdf (499.9 KB, 3302 views)
motorhead5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 22:43   #2094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
See attached Vento parts price list. Thanks to our friend who shared this.
How can it be possible.
Front bumper is only 3.5K. Assume labour charges to be 2K.
I am damn sure if you want to get it replaced it will cost you more than 10K if not 15K.

Similarly all the spare parts are priced like those of hatch back segment (i10 / a-star). Something is seriously wrong here.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:23   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Verna Diesel MT without leather upholstery but with new features like music system with BT & steering controls and rear view camera integrated to the mirror comes at around 11.5 lacs while Vento TDi Highline comes at around 11 lacs sans those features (both Bangalore on road). So, for that difference of 50K can almost get those missing features (except for the steering controls. This was the reason for the ambiguity for those visitors. In essence, C segment is full of competition!
The SX version of Verna is 11.38L OTR and the highline Vento diesel is 11.3L. Just got the quote yesterday. But the waiting period for the vento is upto 8 months. That was the deal breaker for me. The car is not worth waiting for 4 months leave alone 8. Also the attitude (no one even approached me when I was at the showroom) leaves a lot to be desired. They seem to have the attitude Honda dealers had 2 years ago, like they were doing us a favor by selling the car. No way I am buying a car with such attitude by dealerships. VW needs to work hard on these things.
It was the opposite at Trident Hyundai. Inspite of the place being crowded to the max, the sales people were cordial and apologised for the long waiting list for the test drive and asked us if they could arrange for a test drive some other day. No wonder Maruti and hyundai sell well. Like they say first impression is the last.

Saw an ad in the newspaper that corporate and fleet operators could get the Vento/Polo much earlier. Hows that possible? Are they all related to some politicians?
Old 15th May 2011, 23:42   #2096
BHPian

Went for a Vento TD to a dealer in Delhi; TD car had been sent to a prospective customer's residence. As we had reached the showroom after an appointment, the sales guy brought out a brand new Diesel Highline (customer's car given for TD). The car was very smooth, there was hardly any clatter!

I noticed that leather wrapping on the steeing was missing! The sales guy was also ignorant about it & told us that VW is coming out with some changes, so this could be part of those changes! Well, I found his logic quite undigestable!
Old 16th May 2011, 06:57   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Inspite of the place being crowded to the max, the sales people were cordial and apologised for the long waiting list for the test drive and asked us if they could arrange for a test drive some other day. No wonder Maruti and hyundai sell well.
When I reached Hyundai showroom on a Sunday to check out New Verna, it was full of people surrounding the 2 display pieces of ANHV. Another 3-4 set waiting outside for their turn to test drive.

While I was looking around the i10, i20, promptly a sales guy checked with me whether I got attended by any of their representatives. Within seconds he engaged me with brochures & requested me to go through it. In next 5 minutes, I was there at the ANHV checking out the interior space & others.....next 10th minute, I was in the car for test drive. The best ever experience in a car showroom.

From there to Vento showroom & I managed to get a test drive quickly as there was only 1 other person testing it out...but really it would have not been a good experience, if there were more people out

But I do not want to purely base my purchase decision on this buying experience..esp when you wanted to be in the service center only once in 15k kms or 1 year. As you rightly pointed out, better delivery times would have definitely fetched more business to VW.
Old 16th May 2011, 08:54   #2098
BHPian

Any idea why Vento doesn't have the sound feedback for central locking? Though it isn't really must-need feature, I think it is useful while parking in noisy areas. Or considering that the fat already has required speakers, is there any way to configure it that way?
Old 16th May 2011, 19:17   #2099
BHPian

Guys I found some pictures on Flickr of Vento with steering mounted audio controls among other new features.
  • Has anyone heard when is VW launching the updated Vento in India?
  • And when will they launch the comfortline version?
BTW I really love the grey interiors, reminds of the Jetta that I drove in USA

VW Polo Sedan (Vento) - a set on Flickr
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-4665740446_8ef4c25125_b.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-4665116561_6e834bf4a7_b.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-4665116057_6145a73c27_b.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-4665116437_81f7b28018_b.jpg  

Old 16th May 2011, 21:36   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs
Guys I found some pictures on Flickr of Vento with steering mounted audio controls among other new features.
[*]Has anyone heard when is VW launching the updated Vento in India?[*]And when will they launch the comfortline version? BTW I really love the grey interiors, reminds of the Jetta that I drove in USA
I remember seeing these last year. They look like the photos of the Russian Vento. VW forgot to add these essential ( for the C segment) accessories to the Indian version :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks