Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 09:18   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My friends Vento met with an accident few days back. A motorcycle banged the rear end of the car and the bumper was completely damaged.

Cost of replacing the entire bumper - 7k (including painting)

Fair deal?
Old 25th May 2011, 09:44   #2177
BHPian

Is the bumper broken or just dented naveen? If its dented, then there is no need to replace the bumper. It can be heat treated and taken out and just painted. Should roughly cost around 2.5 to 3k. Only problem is you need to find a guy to do it. If its broken, then i think the cost is fine.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:47   #2178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Is the bumper broken or just dented naveen? If its dented, then there is no need to replace the bumper. It can be heat treated and taken out and just painted. Should roughly cost around 2.5 to 3k. Only problem is you need to find a guy to do it. If its broken, then i think the cost is fine.
It was broken right in the middle. There was one huge crack so had to change it. Expected 10k since this was VW but was happy when the bill came to 7k only.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:47   #2179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It was broken right in the middle. There was one huge crack so had to change it. Expected 10k since this was VW but was happy when the bill came to 7k only.
I think 7K is fair enough, but how much of that is he getting covered under insurance, this being a plastic part. Had he opted for the Zero Dep policy?
Old 25th May 2011, 11:18   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Guys there is no such thing as engine noise that is initially more and then reduces. The engine noise of a vehicle remains the same. Only thing is that we get used to it after a few minutes and find it less loud.

Another interesting experiment that one can try is, Sit in a garbage dumpster for more than 15 mins and after that period you can't smell the dodgey stuff and find the dumpster to be extremely neutral in smell as if it never did stink. Similar stuff happens with our ears but the difference is that instead of the noise disappearing completely we find it less louder.

PS - Do not try the experiment i mentioned :P
I think even vehicle manuals refer to the engine being noisy after a cold start. They also mention not to overload the engine just after starting it.

I think that way a garbage dump is different from an engine
Old 25th May 2011, 12:26   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think even vehicle manuals refer to the engine being noisy after a cold start. They also mention not to overload the engine just after starting it.

I think that way a garbage dump is different from an engine
Today morning when I started the engine, it gave a few tremors inside & was uncharacteristically louder. After I deep-pressed the accelerator a couple of times, it came back to normal. It rained all night yesterday in Bangalore & was probably due to this cold start in the morning. I hope there is nothing to worry.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:39   #2182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I think 7K is fair enough, but how much of that is he getting covered under insurance, this being a plastic part. Had he opted for the Zero Dep policy?
Am not sure on that buddy. Only thing I know is that the total bill came around 7k and he was happy since it didnt come as expected.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:52   #2183
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the coupons from VW. Updated my thread with the pics.

BTW, will fix the art leathers tomo.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2365430
Old 25th May 2011, 17:49   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Today morning when I started the engine, it gave a few tremors inside & was uncharacteristically louder. After I deep-pressed the accelerator a couple of times, it came back to normal. It rained all night yesterday in Bangalore & was probably due to this cold start in the morning. I hope there is nothing to worry.
I don't think there's anything to worry about , though I think that after a cold start you should let the engine idle for 45 sec to 1 min before engaging any gear. Post that I usually run in 1st gear for a min or 2 at least (at low speeds) before driving off at normal speed. Revving the engine immediately post a cold start is not advisable .
Old 26th May 2011, 17:31   #2185
BHPian

Hi all,

Today morning I got the car back from Summer Camp(@ VW DownTown, Blr), Following are my observations

- The engine is smooth and refined now, Idle noise level came down
- AC controls respond faster than earlier
- They also cleaned the car well (much better than Hyundai on my Santro cleaning) and refilled the coolant.

Overall experience is really good, the car gives some additional good feel now.

I recommend ppl take their car for summer camp.

Looks like they have also updated the EC Software.
They have also rectified my power window problem, everything for free.
But remember to take an appointment for summer camp, you don’t need those coupons.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 26th May 2011 at 17:35.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 17:39   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Hi all,

Today morning I got the car back from Summer Camp(@ VW DownTown, Blr), Following are my observations

- They also cleaned the car well (much better than Hyundai on my Santro cleaning) and refilled the coolant.

Overall experience is really good, the car gives some additional good feel now.

I recommend ppl take their car for summer camp.

Looks like they have also updated the EC Software.
They have also rectified my power window problem, everything for free.
But remember to take an appointment for summer camp, you don’t need those coupons.
Thanks for your feedback. Already booked my slot yesterday for this sat. Will update my observations too.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:25   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Do you experience any change in performance? It good to have higher levels of refinement but never at the cost of performance or FE. BTW how much improvement in refinement is observed?
Old 26th May 2011, 18:36   #2188
BHPian

I have noticed performance is same or little better, So don't worry. Let me install the app in my Android and update you the exact decibel by tomorrow morning.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:24   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear about the positive experience in the summer camp , should put to rest service experience worries . I am booking mine next week. BTW, I find that many of those expressing their concerns about VW service are (wishful) Honda city owners , should be fun when the May sales figures are out
Old 26th May 2011, 21:31   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Guys there is no such thing as engine noise that is initially more and then reduces. The engine noise of a vehicle remains the same. Only thing is that we get used to it after a few minutes and find it less loud.

Another interesting experiment that one can try is, Sit in a garbage dumpster for more than 15 mins and after that period you can't smell the dodgey stuff and find the dumpster to be extremely neutral in smell as if it never did stink. Similar stuff happens with our ears but the difference is that instead of the noise disappearing completely we find it less louder.

PS - Do not try the experiment i mentioned :P

In diesels the engine noise does settle down once the engine is at optimum operating temperature It is not that one gets used to the noise. I have 4 diesel cars so I do consider myself relatively qualified to make the statement.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks