BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Here is the noise data in my Vento TDI

After first start in the morning
When windows rolled down : 49db
When windows closed : 45db

In the main road with A/C on (Fan speed 2, Temp 23 C) : 54db
In my office: 44db

Looks good to me, I have used Sound Meter app for this.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:40   #2192
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any thread in TBHP ownership section of a Blue Vento? I think some of our fellow members had taken the delivery of Vento in blue colour. Or did I miss it?
Old 27th May 2011, 12:55   #2193
Distinguished - BHPian

@drmohitg: as far as I'm aware these are the folks who have a Shadow Blue Vento active on this thread:
  • classic86
  • sith_lord
  • jain_sanjayp
ambivalent_98 has booked one but changed his choice to Black IIRC.

None of those 3 has started an ownership thread, despite tall promises!
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 15:47   #2194
BHPian

nice to see such a huge topic, well i booked my vento IPL edition today, getting delivery after 10th of June. very excited though to own a volkswagen.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:29   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
nice to see such a huge topic, well i booked my vento IPL edition today, getting delivery after 10th of June. very excited though to own a volkswagen.
Thats the 1st IPL edition Vento on Team BHP i think. Could you please add more details? AFAIK, IPL edition is a trendline Vento. What was the final OTR price? Any discounts, freebies?
Old 27th May 2011, 16:45   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thats the 1st IPL edition Vento on Team BHP i think. Could you please add more details? AFAIK, IPL edition is a trendline Vento. What was the final OTR price? Any discounts, freebies?
well, the onroad price of basic vento is 8.67lacs. for the vento IPL edition its 8.67L+25K=8.92lacs OTR. The accessories you get for 25K is leather seat covers with the logo of a cricket player, door sills with DLF logo and couple DLF of stickers around the car, a sat-nav enabled music system with ability to connect the reverse camera and watch videos(" they told its has 2 video modes video1 and video2), with USB(iPod connectivity), SD card, but i have a huge doubt myself whether it can play Cd's(might sound weird), people having the current generation Honda city's should know that it cannot play a CD,but only via USB, don't know even if this has the same kind, anyways will confirm it tomorrow.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:00   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, the onroad price of basic vento is 8.67lacs. for the vento IPL edition its 8.67L+25K=8.92lacs OTR. The accessories you get for 25K is leather seat covers with the logo of a cricket player, door sills with DLF logo and couple DLF of stickers around the car, a sat-nav enabled music system with ability to connect the reverse camera and watch videos(" they told its has 2 video modes video1 and video2), with USB(iPod connectivity), SD card, but i have a huge doubt myself whether it can play Cd's(might sound weird), people having the current generation Honda city's should know that it cannot play a CD,but only via USB, don't know even if this has the same kind, anyways will confirm it tomorrow.
I have used the Multimedia (?) system in Vento IPL. There is no CD drive. Also, the software is highly buggy and very unresponsive. Didnt like the UI too.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:04   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the first IPL vento on T BHP: Somewhere on this thread itself , I Guess there was a discussion on the Sat Nav Enabled System on the IPL edition.
Any idea whether these are being given out as accessories as well? AFAIK someone had comapred it to the likes of Witson. Maybe once you get your hands on it , you could confirm the same.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:11   #2199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well, the onroad price of basic vento is..

..don't know even if this has the same kind, anyways will confirm it tomorrow.
I had read somewhere that the VW Vento IPL Edition does not come with adequate safety features like ABS and Airbags. I'm not entirely sure if this is true because I had read it quite sometime back. If it is true, then I suggest you request VW to equip your IPL Edition Vento with the said equipment. It's worth the extra money.

I would rather have a Vento with ABS and airbags than a Vento with a touch-screen stereo and a Cricket-stickers.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:17   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@drmohitg: as far as I'm aware these are the folks who have a Shadow Blue Vento active on this thread:
  • classic86
  • sith_lord
  • jain_sanjayp

Hey! thanks to you! I finished the ownership thread I was lazy to do all these days.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html

Last edited by classic86 : 27th May 2011 at 17:18.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 18:57   #2201

Cryptic reply from Volkswagen

It seems the fear of omission of chrome from the highline models is true. Had inquired Volkswagen about the same on FB. They came up with the following ans:
Quote:
"Hi again ______, we understand that you're referring to the Highline trim. Hence, we've got you a response from our R&D and Product department itself. Read on...

"Congratulations on a sharp eye & an astute capacity for observation
It is our endeavour that vehicle gradually evolves to better meet the needs of the Indian customer as we gather more knowledge from usage, market trends & environmental parameters
We therefore have an ongoing exercise to improve value to the customer and reduce complexity in manufacturing
Chrome trimmed light switches have been deleted as part of this exercise
This is not a cost cutting exercise.
Savings, if any, are ploughed back in technical additions & quality improvements."

As for the status of your booking, we'll come back to you with the an accurate date that we will stick to. Thanks!
Can anybody draw any conclusion to this whole process or rather can anybody decode their reply?
Well, I guess a feeler for an upcoming upgraded vento!!!

Last edited by vwvrit : 27th May 2011 at 19:10.
vwvrit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 19:09   #2202
BHPian

Thanks vwvrit for clarifying that. Yeah well the chrome on the switch is something many of us can live without, but the upgrades which would eventually come out on the Vento , or so as they claim , should be available as an option to existing owners as well.
I think when the polo upgraded to electric mirrors , it was'nt available as an add on to existing customers ( I think)!!
Old 27th May 2011, 19:14   #2203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Thanks vwvrit for clarifying that. Yeah well the chrome on the switch is something many of us can live without, but the upgrades which would eventually come out on the Vento , or so as they claim , should be available as an option to existing owners as well.
I think when the polo upgraded to electric mirrors , it was'nt available as an add on to existing customers ( I think)!!
Chrome was never the issue, cost cutting is.
Well, many current Vento owners would love that for sure!!
Now, for example if VW comes up with the steering mounted controls and stuff, won't it be like difficult to upgrade the older ventos?? Like won't it require a complete change of the steering and its assembly?? Just curious.
Old 27th May 2011, 19:23   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
  • classic86
  • sith_lord
  • jain_sanjayp

Add the near future me to that list. Hope to get it in June, after having a short-lived moment of joy in April.

Last edited by nileshch : 27th May 2011 at 19:50.
Old 27th May 2011, 19:47   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvrit View Post
Chrome was never the issue, cost cutting is.
Well, many current Vento owners would love that for sure!!
Now, for example if VW comes up with the steering mounted controls and stuff, won't it be like difficult to upgrade the older ventos?? Like won't it require a complete change of the steering and its assembly?? Just curious.
Missing chrome=Cost cutting=Disappointment.
Vwvrit, you are probably right.If they do come up with steering mounted controls(GTO had posted on the pole thread a spotting of the new polo with the same), it would probably entail changing the steering wheel/assembly. But if it is available as an upgrade, I for one would definitely go for it. I think, in all the reviews, the absence of steering mounted controls, was listed as one of the negatives of the car, and was being sorely missed by a lot of people. So I guess if it actually becomes available as an option , owners might actually go in for it.

But then again the cost cutting they are doing now should reflect in upgrades like those and most importantly make it an upgrade option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks