Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 13:16   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The Vento's system is same as the Polo which everybody agrees is mediocre!
I haven't traveled much in the Honda City but someone mentioned that it has got the same music system as the jazz - if that is true, then it is indeed very good ( inafct the best among all OEM stereos in cars within 10L range). Do not know how it can be said similar to the Polo/Vento.
I'm sure the ANHC/Jazz one is much better than the Polo/Vento one. Polo one probably is missing tweeters, because it's high on low & mid range.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:39   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento highline auto ex-thane price is 9 lakhs which is 1.4L cheaper than City V AT !
Old 17th August 2010, 13:45   #213
Senior - BHPian

@sahil

Congrats on your buy. Vento Auto 1.4L cheaper than ANHC AT sure takes the cake.

Awaiting a detailed report from your end.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:49   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Excellent review GTO. a BIG from my side.

Now what i have noticed is, the vento is invisible to the crowd. I have spotted ventos in smaller towns, villages, city centres, IT parks and around but this vehicle doesnt draw a second look from any average individual. (Barring the auto-enthusiasts)

I think this doesnt go well with the desirability factor of this car. Also the Honda City although over-priced is perceived as a status symbol, and the Vento should also match up to the City on this parameter.

Just my two cents, comments are welcome. Just remember this is my opinion.
I too agree on this. The ANHC does show off its class as it passes you. It looks in a different league altogther. On the exteriors, i think ANHC is the winner and does draw your attention.

On the interiors and equipments, certainly Vento is better!
Old 17th August 2010, 13:57   #215
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Vento highline auto ex-thane price is 9 lakhs which is 1.4L cheaper than City V AT !
On road cost of vento AT in thane = 10,81,078
of City V-AT = 11,62,788
Seems like there a mistake somewhere since the difference is not 1.4L
Old 17th August 2010, 14:03   #216
Senior - BHPian

Dealership attitude will play a very important role here and from my experience at a VW dealership for the Polo was not very positive. In contrast I was treated very very well at the Honda dealership just across the road. I would like to believe that Vento being a more premium product will command a better treatment for us than probably what the Polo currently does.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:15   #217

Bravo GTO. I religiously follow your test drive/reviews of new cars. I have never found it to be lacking in any area. You are simply Superb. To my mind, If it is a review from GTO then it has to be the best, touching all the practical aspects that one would like to know before buying a car.

The new Vento really disappoints with the spare wheel different then the ones it is moving on. I really fail to understand the reason for this cost cutting after all one is paying 10 lakhs.

I am looking for a new car these days, infact want to upgrade from my Ford Fiesta (Diesel) (bought in Dec. 2005). Immensely satisfied with the performance of the car as also after sales service all these years. There is absolutely no Turbo Lag. Recently test drove Tata Manza but had to cut short my drive because of the nagging/boring/Huge turbo Lag.

The only option seems to be Cruze but i would like to wait for the new Ford Fiesta Sedan, of which i have seen very interesting pictures but really wonder when it will be available in Indian Market since Ford India is busy cashing in new Figo. (Any Guesses for the launch of the new car here?)

I really do not know which car to look for now. Please help me, i am prepared to wait, but doesn't want to take a chance.

Thanks in advance
Please help me in
Old 17th August 2010, 14:28   #218
BHPian

VENTO price for Hyderabad

The following info could be useful for someone planning to take a leased car from the Company they work for. I am planning to take one. Life tax is a real burden. For individuals life tax is 12%.

Vento Hyderabad price for Diesel Highline

ex-showroom 939918
life tax (14%) 131790
insurance 43237
handling charge 14950
On road Price INR 1129895

Vento Hyderabad price for Petrol Highline Manual

ex-showroom 838140
insurance 38929
handling charge 14950
life tax (14%) 117540
On road Price INR 1009559
Old 17th August 2010, 14:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

I see too many ANHC owners/lovers jumping in and comparing and "deciding" how their ANHC is better than Vento. Why is this group so vocal? I mean I do not see any Verna/Fiesta/Linea guys doing this.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

The Diesel looks like a winner no doubt and where does this leave the poor Altis Diesel. Man!! What were Toyota's decision makers thinking. They could have have even used the Innova diesel and plonked it into the Altis and it would have still looked good. But now the Vento diesel makes it look like a bullock cart. ANHC owners are already justifying their purchases LOL. So looks like Vento is surely going to change 9-13 lac segment big time.

Coming back to the Vento, the car looks a bit too bland. A little bit of bling would have done wonders to its looks. But I completely agree with GTO's observation that the boot integration is by far the best I have ever seen.
Cost cutting measures are easily visible and that's not necessarily a good thing to someone who purchases a car worth 1 million Rupees. The petrol is OK while the diesel will surely see some good sales. ANHC has to add additional equipment to justify the high price now. But the below average music system, a little dated dash design and lack of ICE controls on the steering are unpardonable on the Vento. Now in spite of having a rear ac vent GTO mentions that the cooling at the rear was disappointing. Is this thing really a concern? I am asking this as temperatures are already low due to the monsoon and if this is a problem now, wonder what it will be like in peak summer.

Last edited by SPARKled : 17th August 2010 at 14:54.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:00   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
The following info could be useful for someone planning to take a leased car from the Company they work for. I am planning to take one. Life tax is a real burden. For individuals life tax is 12%.

Vento Hyderabad price for Diesel Highline

ex-showroom 939918
life tax (14%) 131790
insurance 43237
handling charge 14950
On road Price INR 1129895

Vento Hyderabad price for Petrol Highline Manual

ex-showroom 838140
insurance 38929
handling charge 14950
life tax (14%) 117540
On road Price INR 1009559
They are looting people with 40K insurance and 15K handling. ***!! Also, I am sure they will add mandatory accessories worth 10-15K to jack up the prices even higher!
Best of luck for all those people who are booking the Polo/Vento from Hyd'bad. I just hope for everyone's sake, a second VW dealer comes up pretty soon!
Old 17th August 2010, 15:01   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Polo one probably is missing tweeters, because it's high on low & mid range.
Well only the high end ANHC has tweeters too. But yeah, the system definitely is better than the Polo. I checked, and apparently it's an Alpine make.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:17   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Well only the high end ANHC has tweeters too. But yeah, the system definitely is better than the Polo. I checked, and apparently it's an Alpine make.
What I meant was, if you added tweeters to polo, may be it would be comparable to the City. Not fully sure.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:19   #224
BHPian

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Ah well, IMO it's all the same unless you add an amp and a sub!
Old 17th August 2010, 15:28   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I see too many ANHC owners/lovers jumping in and comparing and "deciding" how their ANHC is better than Vento. Why is this group so vocal? I mean I do not see any Verna/Fiesta/Linea guys doing this.
Answer is simple. Everyone who says Vento is great, immediately adds a line saying this will kill ANHC. So no wonder the ANHC owners are trying to defend it.

I haven't seen many members saying this will kill Linea. My guess is Linea will be the worst sufferer considering the quality issues and the dealership experience - the Vento diesel at almost the same price can drastically bring down the 800 to 900 numbers that Linea is currently doing.

Most Viewed