Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 14:29   #2236
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Breaking News:

Volkswagen to hike Vento diesel variant price by up to Rs 20,317

Interestingly, there is NO any hike for Petrol version!!!
Old 6th June 2011, 14:59   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Breaking News:

Forget a hike on petrol Ventos, they are being offered at reduced interest rates of 6.99%.
They might be seeing real low numbers on petrols.
Old 6th June 2011, 15:06   #2238
BHPian

^
You mean a 20K discount it equivalent to money borrowed at 6.99% interest rate? Then what about those people buying it on their own, I mean without finance assistance?
Old 6th June 2011, 16:38   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Did they fill up a job card for the summer camp as well as the headlight work ? I was given a copy of the job card the moment my car was taken . Who was your service assistant ? Aniruddha ? He seemed to be a very decent guy , was earlier with a Maruti station and we chatted up on spares cost , etc
Well I was given the job card the time car was taken in and yes Anirudda was the service assistant. For me all the people out there at the workshop seemed hopeless. None of the know what's going on and they have to do.
Regarding headlight they did fill in the same job card as the summer camp. Took a good look at your car, did around 6K KM and was quite dirty, but they cleaned it like new. Have you upgraded your headlights to 90/100? Lets see if we could meet. Dont know if there any other BHPian around Vashi and Sanpada node.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:50   #2240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Have you upgraded your headlights to 90/100? Lets see if we could meet. Dont know if there any other BHPian around Vashi and Sanpada node.
Yes I have upgraded the headlights , was pretty unhappy with the stock one . BTW, did they use my car's headlight assembly to check on your car?

I am at Chembur, lets catch up one of these weekends
Old 6th June 2011, 21:19   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Yes I have upgraded the headlights , was pretty unhappy with the stock one . BTW, did they use my car's headlight assembly to check on your car?

I am at Chembur, lets catch up one of these weekends
Well no, they didn't use your cars headlight assembly. They had a IPL edition car of theirs of which they used. KSM motors is even present at Chembur near Vijay Sales, you dont service your car at there? We can meet over the Saturday, what do you say?

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 6th June 2011 at 21:32.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:37   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Well no, they didn't use your cars headlight assembly. They had a IPL edition car of theirs of which they used. KSM motors is even present at Chembur near Vijay Sales, you dont service your car at there? We can meet over the Saturday, what do you say?
The KSM near Vijay Sales is only a showroom , it doesn't service cars - in fact that KSM is a branch of KSM Nerul .
Yep sure .. on saturday , I will pm you my mobile
Old 6th June 2011, 22:56   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Breaking News:

This was on the cards.

Take away the diesel Engine from Vento Diesel High-line. It is Just a normal car without any WOW factor. Surely it is still a good car with adequate space, acceptable ride & handling , Smooth gearshift, Proportionate design, Good part quality but somehow there is nothing that will lure customers to buy it. (like the feature list & design in Verna, Looks of Linea, or Space of Manza). Vento Petrol is Just that. Some sales are due to the AT version which VW purposely did by not providing AT in diesel. Otherwise the petrol Vento has no USP despite of being a decent car.

Increasing the price is not a good option, as I believe Verna is doing so well that it will eat into Vento's share. With new Fiesta on the way and new models coming up, I think Vento will a tough time specially due to its NOT SO GOOD A.S.S. SO VFM is what was necessary.
Old 6th June 2011, 23:51   #2244
Senior - BHPian

I noticed something interesting in the ET article on this price increase. They go on to say, those who book before 30th June can still avail the current prices, how is that? Its usually the price at the time of delivery that will be applicable, as it is the waiting period is running into months!

Also, i feel 20k is a little too steep an increase and there is a good possibility that this may be the vento with a few additional features added - USB, steering mounted controls, etc? There was talks that additional features are in the pipeline, what better time to do it then now when the verna is off to a smashing start!

What do you all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
This was on the cards.

Increasing the price is not a good option, as I believe Verna is doing so well that it will eat into Vento's share. With new Fiesta on the way and new models coming up, I think Vento will a tough time specially due to its NOT SO GOOD A.S.S. SO VFM is what was necessary.
Old 6th June 2011, 23:53   #2245
BHPian

I think VW needs to first sort out the left door rattling issue before anything else!
Old 7th June 2011, 00:01   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Also, i feel 20k is a little too steep an increase and there is a good possibility that this may be the vento with a few additional features added - USB, steering mounted controls, etc? There was talks that additional features are in the pipeline, what better time to do it then now when the verna is off to a smashing start!

What do you all think?
Such small inclusions like USB/BT and Steering mounted controls will definately turn the story upside down. Although these features may cost VW only a couple of grans, but many customers are willing to pay for it. Anyway what the hell is a modern day Head unit without an USB.

But I dont think it is going to happen. Cause, what will happen to the petrol model? More features without added price? Fat chance of that happening.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:13   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
This was on the cards.

Take away the diesel Engine from Vento Diesel High-line. It is Just a normal car without any WOW factor. Surely it is still a good car with adequate space, acceptable ride & handling , Smooth gearshift, Proportionate design, Good part quality but somehow there is nothing that will lure customers to buy it. (like the feature list & design in Verna, Looks of Linea, or Space of Manza). Vento Petrol is Just that. Some sales are due to the AT version which VW purposely did by not providing AT in diesel. Otherwise the petrol Vento has no USP despite of being a decent car.

Their waiting times are already so high that only very particular customers will wait for this car. Granted this diesel engine and their German brand name are attractive but to be quoted waiting periods ranging from 4.5 months to 9 months is a put off. By increasing their price they will probably ensure that a few people who have booked and have waited so long for this car might feel like cancelling and moving to the Verna or Fiesta.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:22   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was on the cards.

Forgive me but this is just your opinion. Unfortunately it seems to be shared by almost everyone on T-BHP.

I have a petrol Vento and absolutely *love* it. It is incredibly smooth and refined, rev-happy and reasonably frugal too. I am not comparing it with the TDI but other petrol cars in this segment, which is only fair.

I would happily have bought the petrol MT variant but needed an AT for my daily commute which is pretty much 1st and 2nd gear, stop-start and it was killing my knees.

Also, I don't understand how people can go ga-ga over the very same engine when its fitted into the Polo hatchback but dismiss it in the sedan version!

Anyway, I have no intention to get into a prolonged agrument on this matter- just thought I should give the perspective of a happy petrol Vento owner

Cheers
Noops
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 16:19   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
This was on the cards.

Take away the diesel Engine from Vento Diesel High-line. It is Just a normal car without any WOW factor. Surely it is still a good car with adequate space, acceptable ride & handling , Smooth gearshift, Proportionate design, Good part quality but somehow there is nothing that will lure customers to buy it. (like the feature list & design in Verna, Looks of Linea, or Space of Manza).
Perhaps the wow factor is the engine itself (in the case of diesel version). Two reasons I can think of for people to buy the Vento TDI is the diesel engine and the VW badge. Some people (like me) might be wary of the cost-to-maintain or the A.S.S. But there are others who are willing to take the plunge.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:49   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was on the cards.

Take away the diesel Engine from Vento Diesel High-line. It is Just a normal car without any WOW factor. Surely it is still a good car with adequate space, acceptable ride & handling , Smooth gearshift, Proportionate design, Good part quality but somehow there is nothing that will lure customers to buy it.
Aren't those qualities something to plonk one's money on? One can retrofit the other blingy things but not the engine and the chassis and the handling and the gearbox and the build quality ! I guess the Indian car market has matured enough to understand and appreciate good cars and can differentiate between "must have" and "nice to have" features

Quote:
(like the feature list & design in Verna, Looks of Linea, or Space of Manza). Vento Petrol is Just that. Some sales are due to the AT version which VW purposely did by not providing AT in diesel. Otherwise the petrol Vento has no USP despite of being a decent car.
While the diesel is more torquey, the petrol is no slouch either, the sales are bound to suffer due to petrol-diesel arbitrage rather than anything

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks