Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 18:58   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
hey Bhpians, i finally got my Vento IPL Edition Yesterday. reached the chowroom at around 11.30AM was made to wait till 1.25PM. Inspected the car though they had not cleaned it properly after the installation of the IPL kit. They had not even cleaned the residue of the cover stickers which are put on the roof to avoid scratches while transporting, other than that i am very much satisfied with the car. Amazing cabin really, its like so silent inside. The IPL edition is nothing but just like a accessory package which can be availed. in this package i have got the Navigation system which is been manufactured in India by Nippon, which comes with 1 year warranty and speakers get 2 years warranty. Seat covers leather TYPE with IPL logos, Premium brown colour mats with IPL logos, door sills and a cricket bat and a leather ball. the clutch is slightly difficult for me because i am around Six feet Three inches, seating is quite comfortable at the rear also. Engine is so robust and good, but the power drops when you switch on the AC noticably.The Navigation system is just as same as the one in Skoda superb. it just does not have a CD drive to play a CD. It has USB,microSD slot, a Line in/Ipod compatible(ipod connector is supplied with the unit). It has bluetooth and a very decent layout for the money what yo pay. it even has memory of all the calls it can download your contacts on to the head unit also. Navigation is very much accurate and has different kind of displays also which can be adjusted. It can even give voice calls like turns etc., will upload the pics by late evening today. once again i can tell the car is worth every penny i paid. Thanks--Huwaeiguy
Congratulations ! Time for you to start an ownership thread with loads of pictures
Old 21st June 2011, 22:56   #2282
BHPian

Oh thanks mate. 20th july is a good day since many of my close relatives celebrate their birthday too. Please suggest the cost of the multimedia player.
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:01   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy
Engine is so robust and good, but the power drops when you switch on the AC noticably.Thanks--Huwaeiguy
Congratulations for the car!

And i am really surprised to read the above. Isnt yours the petrol 1.6 engine?
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:55   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
With the advent of the monsoon I wish that the Vento came with rear windscreen wipers - like the ones they have on hatchbacks or notchbacks ! When it rains the shoulder mirrors get practically blanked out , if we had clear rear screen at least some visibility would be there of the traffic following
Ever tried using the defogger to clear the rear windscreen? It helps.

For the wing mirrors, you can try the solution suggested in earlier posts.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 22nd June 2011 at 09:57.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:18   #2285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Congratulations for the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy
Engine is so robust and good, but the power drops when you switch on the AC noticably.Thanks--Huwaeiguy

And i am really surprised to read the above. Isnt yours the petrol 1.6 engine?
The IPL edition is a Trendline with touchscreen ICE, art leather seats and some other goodies tagged on. The AC is a manual one unlike the Climatronic on the Highline, which may explain this- the Climatronic has no such issues.

Am surprised though- even a manual AC should not cause any percepitble drag on a 105 BHP car!
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:05   #2286
BHPian

Finally got the Witson HU fitted on my vento. Speakers upgraded to morel components with tweeters, Co axials from auditor, a 4 channel Amp from Auditor.
3M CR 70 for the front windscreen
3M CS 05for the sides and rear.
Kagu mats- beige colour

The touchscreen unit is fantastic as others have described. Everything is working perfect. SQ is fantastic (out of the world for me) and will only improve with better speakers. No issues with GPS or bluetooth . Seamless integration and GPS positons ins under a minute. Though phonebook transfer does not take place.
Radio reception is quite decent.
Reads videos and audio files from USB.
Ipod integration- yet to try.

DVD plays even when the car is running. Clarity and sound is really great.
Have not installed the rearview camera, as I happened to get the wrong size. Will look into it later.
Will post the pics later.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:37   #2287
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ventolute. would you please post the pictures of the installed HU in your Vento. By the way how much did this cost if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:45   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute
Finally got the Witson HU fitted on my vento. Speakers upgraded to morel components with tweeters, Co axials from auditor, a 4 channel Amp from Auditor.
3M CR 70 for the front windscreen
3M CS 05for the sides and rear.
Kagu mats- beige colour

The touchscreen unit is fantastic as others have described. Everything is working perfect. SQ is fantastic (out of the world for me) and will only improve with better speakers. No issues with GPS or bluetooth . Seamless integration and GPS positons ins under a minute. Though phonebook transfer does not take place.
Radio reception is quite decent.
Reads videos and audio files from USB.
Ipod integration- yet to try.

DVD plays even when the car is running. Clarity and sound is really great.
Have not installed the rearview camera, as I happened to get the wrong size. Will look into it later.
Congratulations on the new music system!! Could you also give the cost of the sun films and the mats? Planning to buy the same ones for my Vento too.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:03   #2289
BHPian

Is there any credence to the rumors floating around in this forum about an updated vento - more likely a nip and tuk and some minor upgrades - coming up in the next 2 or 3 months ? I have seen quiet a few posts to the effect but none of the reliable sources from either team-bhp or auto car/bs-motoring have commented anything to that effect.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:08   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Is there any credence to the rumors floating around in this forum about an updated vento - more likely a nip and tuk and some minor upgrades - coming up in the next 2 or 3 months ? I have seen quiet a few posts to the effect but none of the reliable sources from either team-bhp or auto car/bs-motoring have commented anything to that effect.
These are a mix of rumours , there is no official word from VW . My information is around 2-3 weeks old , had asked the dealer
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:08   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Just today carblogindia carried this news that Volkswagen Vento will soon be coming up with a new variant of the 1.4 Liter TSi Twin-charger engine (the innovation which bagged the International Engine of the year award in 2009)

The innovation lies in the combination of petrol direct injection and a twin supercharger, together achieving breathtaking performance levels without sacrificing the fuel economy. In fact this new engine has proven to be more fuel efficient than any of its ancestors.

Evidently no changes on the exteriors will be seen and neither on the inside but what is new would lie under the hood. The engine winning the International Engine Of The Year award produced a maximum of 178 BHP but considering the India roads and traffic conditions a 125 BHP engine would be just perfect.

The torque levels would again be diluted to a certain level so as to suit the roads. The most impressive part would be high fuel mileage which would definitely attract a lot of new customers.

Volkswagen Vento 1.4 TSi Launch In India Expected- With More Power and Mileage
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:42   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Just today carblogindia carried this news that Volkswagen Vento will soon be coming up with a new variant of the 1.4 Liter TSi Twin-charger engine (the innovation which bagged the International Engine of the year award in 2009)

The innovation lies in the combination of petrol direct injection and a twin supercharger, together achieving breathtaking performance levels without sacrificing the fuel economy. In fact this new engine has proven to be more fuel efficient than any of its ancestors.

Evidently no changes on the exteriors will be seen and neither on the inside but what is new would lie under the hood. The engine winning the International Engine Of The Year award produced a maximum of 178 BHP but considering the India roads and traffic conditions a 125 BHP engine would be just perfect.

The torque levels would again be diluted to a certain level so as to suit the roads. The most impressive part would be high fuel mileage which would definitely attract a lot of new customers.

Volkswagen Vento 1.4 TSi Launch In India Expected- With More Power and Mileage

All these TDH (Tom Dick Harry) sites keep on coming up with one news or the other. I think we should take such news with a pinch of salt. Having said that, the 1.4TSi is supposed to go under the hood of Jetta soon (maybe the 160 bhp version). VW may decide to eventually bring the 122 bhp version in Vento to help it compete with the segment leader (ANHC in petrol)

If that happens, I see no reason why anybody should buy any other car at all in this segment(diesel or petrol). This engine is legendary (World engine of the year-2009)
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:33   #2293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
All these TDH (Tom Dick Harry) sites keep on coming up with one news or the other. I think we should take such news with a pinch of salt. Having said that, the 1.4TSi is supposed to go under the hood of Jetta soon (maybe the 160 bhp version). VW may decide to eventually bring the 122 bhp version in Vento to help it compete with the segment leader (ANHC in petrol)

If that happens, I see no reason why anybody should buy any other car at all in this segment(diesel or petrol). This engine is legendary (World engine of the year-2009)
I agree that too many of these blogs generally float around desktop stuff . I think its unlikely that VW would bring in a new variant so soon specially when petrol car sales ( however good it may be ) are under so much pressure and general sales numbers are likely to be under pressure due to rising interest rates, etc . I agree that the 1.4 tsi's awesomeness with the general driving dynamics of the Vento would be a sock'er punch for the competition
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:48   #2294
BHPian

I would be surprised if these engines make it to the polo (on which vento is based) platform. The TSI engines historically have been mounted only on the golf platform. Also the fuel rattified for these engines are typically ultra low sulpher ones A few fills in a bad fuel station is all one needs to start having trouble with these engines i suppose.

EDIT - I stand corrected. The Polo Mk5 does seem to have both the 1.2 TSI and 1.4 TSI mount. Maybe we would get the 1.2 TSI that churns out a healthy 105 BHP for the vento while the 1.4 finds its way into the Jetta ?

Last edited by SR-71 : 22nd June 2011 at 23:58.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:14   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Finally got the Witson HU fitted on my vento.
Should be quite a looker! Would be nice to see it, if it is possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks